PDA

View Full Version : how will dungeons and dungeon rewards work? what is gold used for?

tacospag
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
do dungeons have a limited number of reward items associated with them? what can i use gold and platinum for besides trading to another player?

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I asked this same question in stream repeatedly =( Well, mostly what gold would be used for outside of the AH and why someone who has bought plat would want to trade for gold.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Possible that you can only trade gear for gold and not for plat.

Madican
06-03-2013, 08:52 PM
You use your gold on items other PvE players got from the dungeons/raids. There's also going to be PvP players putting some of their extra cards on the AH for gold.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
You use your gold on items other PvE players got from the dungeons/raids. There's also going to be PvP players putting some of their extra cards on the AH for gold.
But why? It has to have a use other than AH stuff. Why would they want it?

Clawdius
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
While this is just wild speculation, it could be that things like unlocking the next "level" takes both XP and gold for a specific card, so to get the fancy art for a level 3 card you might have to spend some gold as well as have worked to get the card that much XP. There are a ton of potential gold sinks in any game, lets just hope that they opt for fairly innocuous uses and don't go the route of having cards degrade and have to be repaired :rolleyes:

Lafoote
06-04-2013, 08:10 AM
King support and above comes with "1 of each respective crafting material". MMO crafting usually involves heaps of cash.

Turtlewing
06-04-2013, 08:13 AM
There are likely npc card shops that sell PvE cards for gold.

They have also said that increasing faction standing costs some gold (and high faction standing can get you cards)

RobHaven
06-04-2013, 08:31 AM
There are likely npc card shops that sell PvE cards for gold.

I could have sworn I saw this somewhere before, but I scoured various sites and threads and found nothing.

facade
06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
It also looks like to participate in Keep Defense (more accurately the attack of a keep in Keep Defense), you will need to pay gold.

No official word on the prizes for successfully attacking a keep. For all I know, it might just be more gold...

Drelder
06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I could have sworn I saw this somewhere before, but I scoured various sites and threads and found nothing.

During one of the podcasts, Cory mentions Gold can be used to buy some PVE cards. He didn't specify in dungeons or how this happens.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Probably through the auction house...