PDA

View Full Version : The Guild That Should Not Be

RanaDunes
06-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Ravens

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." - Abdul Alhazred

Greetings Mortal,

I am pleased to announce the establishment of the Guild that should not be named, not yet at least. If you're interested in joining me in my perilous quest of glory and fortune you should read more...

I seek nothing but a few devoted souls who share the same passion as I do. This order, this guild, is not meant to attract every worthless human. For the Raven have whispered in my ears and told me that a good small fellowship of devoted friends is far greater than a horde of imbeciles. Hence, why I chose you.

Who am I, you dare ask?
I have many names, but you may call me Rana, an Immortal Deity... I was there when Richard Garfield first unleashed his reckless war-machine he called Magic: The Gathering. I've slayed and massacred millions of armies in various parallel worlds in TCGs, LCGs, Board Games, Deck Building Games and basically almost any tabletop game most of you mortal souls have ever heard of.

I can hear you mumbling, and I understand. Being a Goddess of Mayhem is not enough to establish an organized Guild, that is true. But I come from the world of Norrath and I've rallied hundreds of other friends organized to face difficult challenges. Naggefan, Lady Vox, Trakannon, and the infamous Avatar of War who personally spanked my blue little Dark Elf ass over and over again. And even that wasn't when organized war have started but it is definitely the memory I cherish the most.

I see you have more questions; go ahead... Ask.

What's the deal?
I am forming a new fellowship and this is a chance for you to be part of something that you will help create. I don't need peons, I need partners. We're going to seek the Shards of Fate in a new world called Hex and until our souls get dragged into that forsaken realm, I shall keep seeking my allies.

Why should I join you?
This Guild is going to be extremely selective with its admission once the portal to Hex is opened. As for now, if you're worthy... you will be a core member of this Secret Order. We're going to wreck havoc in both the PvE and PvP worlds, but neither is mandatory. My treasury is going to be open to aid all my Kindred, not to mention since I am a Dragon Lord you do get certain advantages also.

We will conduct Guild Events (Leagues, Cups and other internal activities) with plenty of prizes. We will be few but a proud bunch.

I'm interested, what should I do?
Communicate with me here in this forum, if you're the shy-kind (I love... shy... people) you may PM. Or you can simply reply. Share with me your intentions, your ideas or ask any question and I will be happy to answer.

/roleplaying off

Everyone's welcome, this is not a "pro" guild. It's a PvE/PvP Euro Time guild intended to cater to a smaller group of people. My goal is to make new friends where we can help each other to up our game. This is not for casuals nor it is "serious", if you're the kind of person who wants to challenge themselves but not take things too seriously this guild is for you.

My #1 criteria of admission is simply decency. For now at least *wink*.

*Dramatic Evil Laugh*
*Fades into Darkness*

We reached our limit, one opening for a PvE Elder (RL or GK+ required). If you're interested in being put in the waiting list you may send me a PM. You'll be given priority to join the guild just in case one of our members becomes inactive for a month or leaves the guild.
http://hexravens.enjin.com/recruitment

Our Website is here:
http://hexravens.enjin.com/home

Guild's Heirarchy

Elder - Responsible for activities for a specific field (PvE, PvP...etc)
Master - Less responsibility than Elder and can help with specific fields
Cultist - A proud member of Ravens
Apprentice* - An initiate under probation period (once their initiation period is over they might be promoted to Cultists)

*current probation period is one month

Elder Positions Open:
PvE Elder Needed - Raid Leader or GK+ pledge is required for the position

Guild's Summary

Euro Time
A Very Selective Guild
Maximum Number of Guild Members is 20 (might be increased to 30)
PvE and PvP oriented (you'll find people to join you in PvE and PvP events)
Not Pro but not too casual either (we don't take the game too seriously, however, we do want to up our game and tackle difficult challenges)
Guild Events (League, Cup, Raids...etc)

Members (19):
Rana Dunes (Ancient One) - Dragon Lord
Pentregarth (PvP Elder) - Collector
Volkmar77 (Cultist) - King
Alldreamer (Cultist) - King
Trickster/Jinks (CMV Coordinator) - Dungeon Crawler + King
Marwan (Guild Events Elder) - King
Björn (Cultist) - Knight
Strings (Cultist) - Collector
Dregoths (CMV Coordinator) - King
MD11 (Cultist) - Squire
Crimsonmyst (Cultist) - Collector and Dungeon Crawler
Boens8900 (Cultist) - Slacker
Andreij (Cultist) - King
Userrr-Friendly (Cultist) -
LauraCrow (Cultist) - Squire
Mindless (Cultist) - King
Kreth (Cultist) - Knight
Samiq (Cultist) - Champion
TheEagle (Cultist) -

Crazy_Klino
06-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Lovecraft? Crazy Klino approves and wishes you luck!

Pentregarth
06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
That actually sounds right up my alley...maybe I'm a bit too casual, since my playing time is usually somewhat limited (see also this thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25038)), but other than that, I definitely like your style - especially the roleplaying ;)

RanaDunes
06-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Lovecraft? Crazy Klino approves and wishes you luck!
*nods* That's correct! and RanaDunes approves of Crazy Klino for being so cool to recognize the quote from Call of Cthulhu! ;)

That actually sounds right up my alley...maybe I'm a bit too casual, since my playing time is usually somewhat limited (see also this thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25038)), but other than that, I definitely like your style - especially the roleplaying ;)

Excellent!
I read your Thread and clearly this Guild (the one that should not be named still!) fits your requirements. If you are interested I can add you to the Guilds List :)

Pentregarth
06-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Count me in then, and add me to the list that should not be named ;)

Treefury
06-08-2013, 01:23 AM
I like how this guild sounds. Can you tell me more : )

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Count me in then, and add me to the list that should not be named ;)

Haha! Welcome to the club Sir Knight Pentregarth :)

I like how this guild sounds. Can you tell me more : )

Glad that you do :)
Sure, I'll try to summarize the guilds key points below.

Euro Time
A Very Selective Guild (but we have an open admission policy at the moment since the game haven't started yet)
Maximum Number of Guild Members is 20
PvE and PvP oriented (you'll find people to join you in PvE and PvP events)
Not Pro but not too casual either (we don't take the game too seriously, however, we do want to up our game and tackle difficult challenges)
Guild Events (League, Cup, Raids...etc)

If you have any questions let me know. :)

Marwan
06-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Hello everyone,
The concept of the guild you are setting up sound very appealing to me. Also if I'm correct you are in the EU right?

I'm not a shy person :rolleyes: but I can pm you if it would make you happy :o

I've played MTG for a while in the past and really enjoyed it, too bad the group kinda scattered all over the country and I've been missing it ever sins. And that's why when I found out about HEX I was super excited like all of you over here. Pledged and continued to follow the growth and new content.

Now it's time to find some nice people to experience this game with and maximize the fun.

Pentregarth
06-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Haha! Welcome to the club Sir Knight Pentregarth :)

Coincidentally, I am of the tier that must not be talked about ^^

volkmar77
06-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Hello!
I am also looking for a smallish Euro guild to call home!

Having a role player advertisement is a huge plus!
So about me, I live in Finland and have loads of experience in Mmos and role play.
TCG wise I also started with Mtg but never played competitively.
I would much interested to join, both me and my wife, King and Queen backers.

Trickster
06-08-2013, 07:34 AM
While human, true, I'm but a mask, a host for Jinx, the Eternal Trickster, the Rulebreaker.
You might know me as Old Man Coyotle. The Serpent in the Garden of Eden. The Player of Games.
Curiosity is both my weakness and my weapon. I come bearing wit and jocularity, oh Goddess, and I'll join your venture if you'll have me. Immortality is boring; let us have the last laugh together.
*wink*

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone,
The concept of the guild you are setting up sound very appealing to me. Also if I'm correct you are in the EU right?

I'm not a shy person but I can pm you if it would make you happy

I've played MTG for a while in the past and really enjoyed it, too bad the group kinda scattered all over the country and I've been missing it ever sins. And that's why when I found out about HEX I was super excited like all of you over here. Pledged and continued to follow the growth and new content.

Now it's time to find some nice people to experience this game with and maximize the fun.

*nods* You're right, finally we are able to enjoy playing a decent TCG online and if you want to share this experience with decent people you've come to the right place!

Coincidentally, I am of the tier that must not be talked about ^^

Haha! I take it you've pledged Knight Tier? :p

Hello!
I am also looking for a smallish Euro guild to call home!

Having a role player advertisement is a huge plus!
So about me, I live in Finland and have loads of experience in Mmos and role play.
TCG wise I also started with Mtg but never played competitively.
I would much interested to join, both me and my wife, King and Queen backers.

Hello Volkmar!

Cool, you're from Finland! Nightwish is one of my favorite Metal Bands :D
We are delighted to have you and your Queen in the guild!

Let me know about your Madam's username so I can update the roster. :)

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 08:13 AM
While human, true, I'm but a mask, a host for Jinx, the Eternal Trickster, the Rulebreaker.
You might know me as Old Man Coyotle. The Serpent in the Garden of Eden. The Player of Games.
Curiosity is both my weakness and my weapon. I come bearing wit and jocularity, oh Goddess, and I'll join your venture if you'll have me. Immortality is boring; let us have the last laugh together.
*wink*

Welcome to the Guild, Trickster ;)

I'm sure your curiosity is going to be our secret weapon serving us venture forth in our just cause and we shall definitely laugh together, as a team, setting our enemies ablaze!

But you have to remember that the Goddess doesn't tolerate "rulebreaking" :p

Marwan
06-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Rana,
I will gladly join you and these noble few, for many battles we shall fight and many lands we shall conquer together as one!

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Rana,
I will gladly join you and these noble few, for many battles we shall fight and many lands we shall conquer together as one!

Great!
Welcome to the Guild Marwan. :)

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 09:46 AM
When the game launches we're going to need a PvE Elder, a PvP Elder and a Guild Events Elder.

PvE Elder Requirements:
1. To research and focus their energy on the PvE part of Hex.
2. Provide the guild with tips and strategies beating PvE encounters.
3. Organizes PvE events/schedules (for raids).
4. Excellent Communication skills.

PvP Elder Requirements:
1. To research and focus their energy on the PvP part of Hex.
2. Provide the guild with tips and strategies regarding PvP in general.
3. Help Guild Members tune up their decks.
4. Holds our flag in the wars of Hex in competitive tournaments (make us proud!).
5. Excellent Communication skills.

Guild Events Elder Requirements:
1. Friendly personality.
2. Ability to organize activities and events (leagues, cups and others).
3. Excellent Communication skills.

Note: PvP and PvE elders should, together, come up with the best Keep Defense strategies.
Note 2: All other members may apply for Master status helping the Elders with their tasks.

Restrictions for Master Status:
PvE Masters are expected to finish X amount of PvE content before being eligible to apply for the position.
PvP Masters are expected to win or score high position in Guild Event League/Cup.
Guild Event Masters are exepcted to be active in the guild for an X amount of time before being eligible to aplly for the position.

All current members are allowed to apply to these roles if interested. :)

Marwan
06-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I would like to apply to be the Guild Events Elder :D

Pentregarth
06-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Haha! I take it you've pledged Knight Tier? :p

I am not allowed to talk about it, but it might have something to do with collecting. That's just rumours, though, can't disclose anything with any certainty ;)

I'm not sure if I have the time for an Elder position, but I'm pretty obsessive about strategies and deck building, so I'd probably be best off helping the PvP Elder in his/her task.

Winterfall
06-08-2013, 11:15 AM

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I would like to apply to be the Guild Events Elder

Excellent, there are plenty of things to do in Hex due to all the tools promised by the dev team. :)

I'm planning for Guild League (of two tiers, each tier consist of 10 players). Top 3 will go to the next tier, bottom 3 will go to the lower tier. Participating is not mandatory but encouraged (all Elders and Masters must participate :p).

I am not allowed to talk about it, but it might have something to do with collecting. That's just rumours, though, can't disclose anything with any certainty ;)

I'm not sure if I have the time for an Elder position, but I'm pretty obsessive about strategies and deck building, so I'd probably be best off helping the PvP Elder in his/her task.

Oh, riiight lol the Sneaky Collectors :p
Deck Building is going to be a very important aspect of the guild since the game is new. I'm sure we'll have fun coming up with deadly combos and tuning decks together!

There's also a new position open for everyone interested.

Card Market Value Coordinator:
1. To help me personally evaluating cards worth in Gold and Platinum
2. To help me put these values in a spread sheet.
3. Card Power/Value and Card "Worth" (Alternate Art, Rare...etc).

Oh and you can use the banner below and link it to this thread if you wish (not required though).

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 11:37 AM
You had me at Lovecraft, then you really had me at Norrath.

Unfortunately I'm in the GMT-4/GMT-5 timezone, though if this isn't an issue I would gladly place my decks under this banner and help carry it to glory.

I started playing Magic shortly after 4th Edition came out and sort of fell out of it in the later years for various reasons, so I'm really looking forward to playing a proper, fully realized digital TCG that also combines my other passion, MMOs.

As an MMO player I gravitate more towards the PvE raid side of things, but I do enjoy the highly competitive PvP nature of TCGs. Part of why I pledged Grand King, I simply couldn't choose which side to throw myself into. :I

Hello fellow EverQuest player! :D

If you appreciate Lovecraft's mythos... this guild is, thematically, a combination between Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe mixed together. :p

I know what you mean about wanting to experience both PvE and PvP and to be honest I think in this game you cannot ignore either parts of the game. I think both are going to be essential to delve into. As for the guild timing; it really doesn't matter where you're logging-in from as long as you can join us at around 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm GMT on weekdays and 10:00 am to 10:00 pm GMT on weekends. :)

Trickster
06-08-2013, 11:52 AM
But you have to remember that the Goddess doesn't tolerate "rulebreaking" :p

Don't they say that if you want to make an omelette, you have to break some rules? And I like omelette...*wink*
I'd like to put my curiosity in service of 'exploiting' PvE, mainly, and wouldn't shy away from evaluating cards. My 'expertise', if you could call it that way (from Magic, WoW TCG, Netrunner, Dominion and many others) is skewed towards deck building, less toward playing competitively. I'm more of a support character, cooperation oriented.

P.S. Dungeon Crawler + King backer here

volkmar77
06-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Hello again!
My wife's user name is Alldreamer.

I'm honestly unsure which branch to pick currently, I'm usually more of a PvE player, but HEX's system sounds quite nice and I have done drafting and tournaments before with my friends, so I am somewhat familiar with the tournament structure, deck buildings, strategies etc.

Because of that, I am not going to claim any position for now, will have to wait for Alpha and see how the PvE part plays out exactly or if the PvP piece is more to my liking. Guild Events are also a possibility, so I am just undecided right now :D

PS: Is this going to be faction-specific guild? If yes which one? Do we even know if Guilds are faction specific or not? :P

Pentregarth
06-08-2013, 02:01 PM
If you appreciate Lovecraft's mythos... this guild is, thematically, a combination between Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe mixed together. :p

Quoth the raven...

How exactly do you plan about integrating that theme with HEXs own background story (if at all)?

RanaDunes
06-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Don't they say that if you want to make an omelette, you have to break some rules? And I like omelette...*wink*
I'd like to put my curiosity in service of 'exploiting' PvE, mainly, and wouldn't shy away from evaluating cards. My 'expertise', if you could call it that way (from Magic, WoW TCG, Netrunner, Dominion and many others) is skewed towards deck building, less toward playing competitively. I'm more of a support character, cooperation oriented.

P.S. Dungeon Crawler + King backer here

Mmmm Omelettes, now you made me hungry. You better make me some. :p

I love Netrunner and I played Dominion (not my favorite deck building game though!). You have great experience there, I'm sure your help is going to be appreciated. :)

Hello again!
My wife's user name is Alldreamer.

I'm honestly unsure which branch to pick currently, I'm usually more of a PvE player, but HEX's system sounds quite nice and I have done drafting and tournaments before with my friends, so I am somewhat familiar with the tournament structure, deck buildings, strategies etc.

Because of that, I am not going to claim any position for now, will have to wait for Alpha and see how the PvE part plays out exactly or if the PvP piece is more to my liking. Guild Events are also a possibility, so I am just undecided right now

PS: Is this going to be faction-specific guild? If yes which one? Do we even know if Guilds are faction specific or not?

There's no need to restrict yourself with any activity, just do whatever you feel like doing! Nothing is mandatory in this guild, though participation is encouraged.

I don't think we'll be restricted to one faction, unless we have to. We'll see when the game starts. :)

Quoth the raven...

How exactly do you plan about integrating that theme with HEXs own background story (if at all)?

Nevermore!
Oh, I hope I don't get misunderstood. I meant the name/website art will be influenced by that. It shouldn't interfere with the actual game content (though I believe I personally will infiltrate the game as a character... *evil laugh*). No, seriously... I will. :p

born76
06-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi,

the description sounds great and I would very much like to join.

There is but one question:

I have a wife (Non Player), two Kids and a Job, so my playing time is limited. I am passionat about gaming and have some experience, I would want to participate as much as I can handle with all the other duties. So my question is, is that enough?

If you say yes, then Count me in and I am looking forward to making some new friends!

Björn

Pentregarth
06-09-2013, 03:02 AM
Oh, I hope I don't get misunderstood. I meant the name/website art will be influenced by that. It shouldn't interfere with the actual game content (though I believe I personally will infiltrate the game as a character... *evil laugh*). No, seriously... I will. :p

Ah, alright, I did misunderstand you there ^^

Strings
06-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi,

Initially I read Pentregarth thread where he was looking for a guild, and I thought damn he's looking for the same kind of guild as I am.
Followed the link in that thread and now I am here, wanting to join.

I used the play MtG some 8 years ago (never played it professionally). I haven't touched a TCG since, so my knowledge of them is rather rusty to say the least. But when I first heard about Hex I was immediately hooked, especially since I do like to play MMOs from time to time as well.

I haven't decided yet whether to focus on PvE or PvP. I was going to wait until I could actually play the game. But taking part in Guild events and tournaments is definitely something I will do.

Wanted to go for the Grand King Tier, but as I was a little late to the party that was allready gone. So I opted for the Tier that should not be named :) because I didn't have enough money to go any higher than Grand King.

I am looking forward to playing the game and would like to do so with an awesome bunch of people :)

RanaDunes
06-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi,

the description sounds great and I would very much like to join.

There is but one question:

I have a wife (Non Player), two Kids and a Job, so my playing time is limited. I am passionat about gaming and have some experience, I would want to participate as much as I can handle with all the other duties. So my question is, is that enough?

If you say yes, then Count me in and I am looking forward to making some new friends!

Björn

Hello Bjorn!

Yes, as long as you participate with us on weekly basis it should be more than enough. Welcome to the Guild! :)

RanaDunes
06-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Initially I read Pentregarth thread where he was looking for a guild, and I thought damn he's looking for the same kind of guild as I am.

I used the play MtG some 8 years ago (never played it professionally). I haven't touched a TCG since, so my knowledge of them is rather rusty to say the least. But when I first heard about Hex I was immediately hooked, especially since I do like to play MMOs from time to time as well.

I haven't decided yet whether to focus on PvE or PvP. I was going to wait until I could actually play the game. But taking part in Guild events and tournaments is definitely something I will do.

Wanted to go for the Grand King Tier, but as I was a little late to the party that was allready gone. So I opted for the Tier that should not be named :) because I didn't have enough money to go any higher than Grand King.

I am looking forward to playing the game and would like to do so with an awesome bunch of people :)

Hey Strings!

I'm sure the guild will provide plenty of activities and support for everyone. Don't worry about the game itself, part of the fun is figuring it out together as a team. ;)

Welcome to the Guild :)

RanaDunes
06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Ah, alright, I did misunderstand you there ^^

Nice signature btw :D

RanaDunes
06-09-2013, 07:48 AM
8 Members and growing!
As promised our Guild is never going to be over-populated and we're going to be limited to 20 members for now. However, waiting-lists will be provided just in case when the game starts some people might go missing/lose interest in the game. But once the game begins we will try as much as we can to hover around 20-30 members.

Now I think it's time to get acquainted. :)

Feel free to introduce yourselves by answering/filling out the form below!

Alias (or name if you'd like):
Nationality:
Interests and Hobbies:
Your favorite Quote:

Pentregarth
06-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Well then, let's get this party started!

Alias: Pentregarth (who would've guessed ^^)
Nationality: German (no, I'm not a nazi ;) )
Interests: Pretty much anything that would be considered nerdy by the general population - tabletop, pen&paper RPGs, board/card games, PC games - the whole bunch. I also play quite a few instruments (bagpipes, hurdy-gurdy, bowed psaltery - I'm in a medieval metal band)
Favourite Quote: "The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts" (bonus points if you can tell me where it's from ^^)

born76
06-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Great!

I am just a Knight, but I´ll do my share!

Can´t wait to get started!!!!!!!

Björn

born76
06-09-2013, 11:47 AM
OK, so some Info about me:

Alias (or name if you'd like): born76, but you can call me Björn
Nationality: German
Occupation/Field/College/School: Key Account Manager Pharma
Interests and Hobbies: my Kids, Boardgames, Fantasy Novels, Movies, and all the Geek Stuff around it!
Your favorite Quote: Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Strings
06-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Info about me:

Alias (or name if you'd like): Strings :)
Nationality: Luxembourgish
Occupation/Field/College/School: Psychology student
Interests and Hobbies: Video games, Board games, Pen&Paper RPGs, pretty geeky overall :)
Your favorite Quote: 'Lord, what can the harvest hope for if not the care of the reaper man?'

Marwan
06-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Very nice to virtually meet you all :D
Time to properly introduce myself as well.

Alias: Marwan = my name ;-) keeping it simple
Nationality: Dutch (from the Netherlands)
Occupation: mainly being human :p but I'll elaborate, I was until very recently a systems administrator at a huge outsourcing company in Dubai, have done that since I graduated so its been a good couple of years. To bad I didn't really enjoy the work all that much and found my passions elsewhere. I've very recently ended my career in IT and moved back home to start studying again. Soon I will be a student once again and this time to become a teacher as I realized that I love guiding and teaching people.

Interests and Hobbies: electronics & gadgets in general, RPGs in most forms, board games, card games, love my kinect!, games in general as I have a ps3, xbox360 and a gaming PC but I'm not a pro gamer or anything. Other than that Cars!!!
Your favorite Quote: the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

Also I've pledged at the King tier, I really wanted to go higher but I need to limit my expenses being kinda jobless and all :rolleyes:

volkmar77
06-10-2013, 01:12 AM
All right!

Alias (or name if you'd like): Volkmar (You can also call me Ale)
Nationality:Italian, emigrated to Finland
Occupation/Field/College/School: Database Administrator
Interests and Hobbies:Everything Fantasy or Sci-fi. Video games, Tabletop rpgs, books, anime, board games, card games, TV series, Movies. I'm a veteran of all those, started aged 11 with the RPGs and aged 6 with the Computers (Vic-20). I jumped over the 8 and 16 bit console age as I was busy on my computers, but nowadays I do own a console too! Also dog!
Your favorite Quote: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Here is my wifey, she is shy.
Alias (or name if you'd like): Alldreamer/Drake of Eden
Nationality:Finnish
Occupation/Field/College/School: Currently studying after back-breaking work.
Interests and Hobbies: Mostly the same as mine without the super early background in computers and with a much bigger artistic sensibility when it comes to keeping rpg games. She is the one organizing events in the family, her Death Knight trilogy was very well appreciated back in WoW :D
Your favorite Quote:

Dregoths
06-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Hello all,

This sound like a perfect guild for me and i would like to join in the quest for eternal glory!

About me:
- I have been playing MTG since 4th edition. Love to create new deck with a twist
- Played a lot of different MMORPG: WoW, Warhammer, Guildwars
- Love fantasy books hence my name i use in most games and forums
- Love board games / cards games where strategy is important
- Most turn based games: MoM, Civ, Age of Wonders, Kings Bounty
- From Holland, Winschoten to be precise. @Marwan veel succes met de PABO
- Work as a pension consultant, traveling a lot (dutch terms 80.000 km a year)
- Pledged my self to King Tier

Cant wait to try this game out with you all

Trickster
06-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Shouldn't our Guild Leader get the party started? :)

Alias (or name if you'd like): Jinks
Nationality: Romania
Occupation/Field/College/School: Game Designer, former game journalist.
Interests and Hobbies: All forms of entertainment: games, movies, movies, books, not necessarily in this order.
Your favorite quote: "Arrogant and right is surely better than humble and wrong"

P.S. I think we should arrange for a guild site somewhere, I'm itching for some card discussion and generic strategies.

Pentregarth
06-10-2013, 07:45 AM

In my capacity as First Knight, I just couldn't stop my eagerness ;)

P.S. I think we should arrange for a guild site somewhere, I'm itching for some card discussion and generic strategies.

Definitely agree with you there!

RanaDunes
06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Hello all,

This sound like a perfect guild for me and i would like to join in the quest for eternal glory!

Welcome to the Guild Dregoths!
Oh and MoM is the best game ever :D

You little Trickster you ;) Fair enough!

Alias (or name if you'd like): Rana
Nationality: A Demon from Hell
Occupation/Field/College/School: Senior Marketing Officer
Interests and Hobbies: Pianist and I love music especially Beethoven and Heavy Metal
Your favorite Quote: "Inside every cynical person, there's a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Alias (or name if you'd like): Jinks
Nationality: Romania
Occupation/Field/College/School: Game Designer, former game journalist.
Interests and Hobbies: All forms of entertainment: games, movies, movies, books, not necessarily in this order.
Your favorite quote: "Arrogant and right is surely better than humble and wrong"

Game Designer? very interesting, is there any released product you've designed?

Guild Website coming very soon and a forum is included. :)

RanaDunes
06-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Well then, let's get this party started!

Alias: Pentregarth (who would've guessed ^^)
Nationality: German (no, I'm not a nazi ;) )
Interests: Pretty much anything that would be considered nerdy by the general population - tabletop, pen&paper RPGs, board/card games, PC games - the whole bunch. I also play quite a few instruments (bagpipes, hurdy-gurdy, bowed psaltery - I'm in a medieval metal band)
Favourite Quote: "The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts" (bonus points if you can tell me where it's from ^^)

Bagpipes? seriously? wow :)
You should share some of your work with us ;)

Pentregarth
06-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Bagpipes? seriously? wow :)
You should share some of your work with us ;)

I'd love to, if there was any to share ^^ We're still working on getting everything together - we're all doing this as a hobby, and the genre is kind of a niche, so it's hard to find people for a band in the first place. As soon as there are any recordings, I'll tell you ^^

Trickster
06-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Game Designer? very interesting, is there any released product you've designed?

My claims to fame are not world shattering. Feel free to give a look to Blitz Brigade on iTunes for the latest batch.

Also, I thought being coy about your age only happened in the dime-a-dozen romance paperbacks from the 90s. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Dregoths
06-10-2013, 04:11 PM
On helping the guild i pretty handy with spreadsheet. So i will help as Card Market Value Coordinator.
I will start by getting some cards in a spread sheet.

RanaDunes
06-11-2013, 02:47 AM
I'd love to, if there was any to share ^^ We're still working on getting everything together - we're all doing this as a hobby, and the genre is kind of a niche, so it's hard to find people for a band in the first place. As soon as there are any recordings, I'll tell you ^^

I can't wait! Something to look forward to. :)

My claims to fame are not world shattering. Feel free to give a look to Blitz Brigade on iTunes for the latest batch.

Also, I thought being coy about your age only happened in the dime-a-dozen romance paperbacks from the 90s. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Blitz Brigade, will check it out when I get home. :)
Haha, I belong to the Victorian era I was born in the wrong century.

On helping the guild i pretty handy with spreadsheet. So i will help as Card Market Value Coordinator.
I will start by getting some cards in a spread sheet.

Great, that would be a great start!

MD11
06-11-2013, 03:55 AM
Hi everyone,

the situation I found myself in is pretty much the same as for Strings and Pentregarth,

Hi,

Wanted to go for the Grand King Tier, but as I was a little late to the party that was allready gone. So I opted for the Tier that should not be named because I didn't have enough money to go any higher than Grand King.

I am looking forward to playing the game and would like to do so with an awesome bunch of people

Nevertheless there are some differences:
-I stopped playing MtG 7 years ago
-probably the most crucial point, i never played an MMO, i always prefered the single player RPG games like TheWitcher or DS
-I backed up as a squire (We all can't be kings... right? :p )
I dont know how important this actually is to have played an MMO game before, but I really enjoy deckbuilding and finding nice strategies. As I am currently enjoying playing the "Game of Thones" Board game with my friends which is a really nice game for 6 players there are thousands of possibilities in the game evolving and it never gets boring to play.
What I would like to point out with this is that I am eager to put time and effort into a challenging "problem". I dont know if this is better for the PvE or PvP version, but I surely would like to try out both.
As for the personal information...
Name: MD11
Nationality: German
Interests: Well as can be derived from the things above, obviously PC Games and challenging board games, but I also like to do a lot of sports and reading(nearly no fantasy, I only read the 5 GoT books).

To conclude I have to say I really like your approach to form a casual guild that is still looking to be able to compete as long as it offers the corresponding fun to its members... I probably would be very regularly active, but not for extremely long periods of time.

Hoping for a postivie response and greetings

Pentregarth
06-11-2013, 04:32 AM
Welcome MD11! This guild really seems to attract german players for some reason ;)

RanaDunes
06-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Hello MD11!

And welcome to the Guild. :)

RanaDunes
06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
We have a temporary Guild Page which should serve the purpose for now. Forums, Application Form, Chat, Calendar and what have you. http://hexravens.enjin.com/home (Guild's name revealed? :p).

You need to apply first here http://hexravens.enjin.com/recruitment
10 points if you get the reference!

Dregoths
06-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Nice site, love Monty Python and the Holy Grail :-)

RanaDunes
06-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Nice site, love Monty Python and the Holy Grail :-)

And you, Sir, get 10 points!

Crimsonmyst
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone!
This seems like it would be the perfect guild for me and I would love to join!
I'm all the way over on the west coast of the US, but as a college student I shouldn't have too much of a problem adjusting my schedule to be able to make guild events and such if you'll take me :)

RanaDunes
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Hello everyone!
This seems like it would be the perfect guild for me and I would love to join!
I'm all the way over on the west coast of the US, but as a college student I shouldn't have too much of a problem adjusting my schedule to be able to make guild events and such if you'll take me :)

Welcome to the Guild Crimsonmyst!
Delighted to you have with us :)

Crimsonmyst
06-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Should probably introduce myself then!

Alias (or name if you'd like): Crimson
Nationality: American
Occupation/Field/College/School: College student studying computer science
Interests and Hobbies: Reading, games, music, the usual
Your favorite Quote: "So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

MD11
06-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Hey, thanks for accepting me. And welcome Crimsonmyst.

Boens8900
06-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey!

I am but a young lad from Denmark, a slacker some might say, but I love my fun and games!
I'm looking for a social group of players, to start exploring this new mix of genres, both of which I enjoy a lot!
At the moment I play MTG with a small group of friends, we have been doing so for the last year or so.
On the MMO side, I have played all kinds of them, starting with WoW and trying out others here and there. But I'm not playing any at the moment.
I have a good amount of time to waste between my job and sport, and when I saw HEX, (3 hours too late :'( ) I thought that it might be a good place to put some of that time into.

So I hope that I can join you guys. You all seem like people of a mind like my own.

Best regard from Boens

born76
06-12-2013, 12:43 AM
I got the reference, too but the answers to those Questions .... mmmhhh... Ehhhh... AAARRRG!!!!

Pentregarth
06-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Blue...no, yellow! AAAAARGH!!!

RanaDunes
06-12-2013, 04:23 AM
Hey!

I am but a young lad from Denmark, a slacker some might say, but I love my fun and games!

Best regard from Boens

Welcome to the Guild Boens :)

RanaDunes
06-12-2013, 04:25 AM
For all of you new to this TCG business; this should be a good read.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370207/what-i-know-about-magic-the-gathering

Pentregarth
06-12-2013, 05:19 AM
Nice read! I'm not exactly new to TCGs, but since I never really played competitively (and haven't played MtG in quite a few years ^^), it's definitely good to catch up on some of the important principles...

Marwan
06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
That is a very good article in deed, same for me as i usually play friendly games with friends.
After a while of play i could easily see the different concepts and play style of the decks we used and was able to tweak some of my decks as well.
However this article really sheds a bright light on important concepts i never bothered to fully understand before creating/altering a deck.
I guess i need to get some practice with my MTG collection until HEX is out :D

Marwan
06-12-2013, 06:50 AM
- From Holland, Winschoten to be precise. @Marwan veel succes met de PABO

Welcome to the team fellow Dutchmen.
en heel erg bedankt, ik kijk er zeker naar uit :D

Andreij
06-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi guys!
Loved the intro and the name is not bad.
If you have place for a newbie (in TCGs that is, but former hardcore WOW in Vanilla and TBC mostly) and an avid SF&F reader, I am in.
I have a King pledge. I'm mostly interested in the PvE part, but for sure will do me some drafting.
The name's Andrei, I'm from Romania (Bucharest) and I'm 32 yrs old (on ID that is :P).
Thanks for taking your time to read.

Dregoths
06-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Nice article. The nice thing about deck is that you can tweak it.
Just try it out see what works and what doesn't. It all about learning the game.
Most things i try to remember while i'm building a deck:

- Should be fun to play with
- Try to maximize the change for you're combo to work
- I think about what the weakness is of you're and try to think of a solution
- Think about build up of you're deck mana wise
- Often the most simple thinks work best
- Don't dismiss cards that on there own are terrible. look at the good effect of a card en see if you can use the bad aspect of a card in you're advantage

Boens8900
06-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Thank you for the welcome!

A little about me:

Alias (or name if you'd like): Boens
Nationality: Danish
Occupation/Field/College/School: Trainee in an electronics deparment of a general store
Interests and Hobbies: Target shooting - mostly as a trainer, but I still practice it a bit when I find the time for it. Other than that; MTG, board games, PC gaming in general - RPG's, strategy, casual games.
Your favorite Quote: "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

volkmar77
06-12-2013, 03:11 PM
So as it happens I already have an Enjin account under "Andarios" so you know that is me :)

RanaDunes
06-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi guys!
Loved the intro and the name is not bad.
If you have place for a newbie (in TCGs that is, but former hardcore WOW in Vanilla and TBC mostly) and an avid SF&F reader, I am in.
I have a King pledge. I'm mostly interested in the PvE part, but for sure will do me some drafting.
The name's Andrei, I'm from Romania (Bucharest) and I'm 32 yrs old (on ID that is :P).
Thanks for taking your time to read.

Welcome to the Guild :)

Andreij
06-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the invite and for the very nice article on the boargamegeek.

Userrr_Friendly
06-13-2013, 11:29 AM
hi guys I'm a 30 year old Greek Geek, my childhood was destroyed by Lord of the rings, ManOwaR, dungeons and dragons, warhammer and magic the gathering(somehow I managed to escape the jaws of MMO games till the moment I pledged for Captain Tier. Unfortunately childhood is over and now I am forced to "role play" the miserable role of a surveying engineer six days per week(weeaaaaaaaak). Still i am pretty sure that i will find some spare hours for HexXx.
So are you guys still hiring? ?? :cool:

Pentregarth
06-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Manowar, manowar, living on the road...

We should still have open positions, but that's really up to RanaDunes, not me ^^

volkmar77
06-13-2013, 12:27 PM
hi guys I'm a 30 year old Greek Geek, my childhood was destroyed by Lord of the rings, ManOwaR, dungeons and dragons, warhammer and magic the gathering(somehow I managed to escape the jaws of MMO games till the moment I pledged for Captain Tier. Unfortunately childhood is over and now I am forced to "role play" the miserable role of a surveying engineer six days per week(weeaaaaaaaak). Still i am pretty sure that i will find some spare hours for HexXx.

That sounds a bit like mine too :D
Manowar fan here too and many other heavy metal bands, especially Power metal :D

Ps: My wife also has an Enjin account, so she joined with that one, called "Drake of Eden"

Pentregarth
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Manowar fan here too and many other heavy metal bands, especially Power metal :D

I love the "Kings of Metal" cover by Van Canto, do you know that? Awesome song ^^

fitzle
06-13-2013, 06:34 PM
For all of you new to this TCG business; this should be a good read.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370207/what-i-know-about-magic-the-gathering

That was a really interesting article RanaDunes! I'm glad I raided your guild thread!

LauraCrow
06-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Squire tier here and I would love to join the guild!

RanaDunes
06-14-2013, 01:23 AM

Squire tier here and I would love to join the guild!

Welcome both of you to the guild :)

RanaDunes
06-14-2013, 04:00 AM
That was a really interesting article RanaDunes! I'm glad I raided your guild thread!

It is an interesting Article! Glad you found it useful. :)

RanaDunes
06-14-2013, 04:04 AM
Just some updates.

1. Anyone interested in joining us must submit an application here http://hexravens.enjin.com/recruitment
2. Fifteen members and rising! which means 5 more free spots open until we'll reach our members limit (we might expand that to 30 if we need to, to be discussed later)
3. Just in case you haven't noticed, Guild's Name revealed... Ravens!
4. PvE Elder position still needed; Raid Leader pledge or GK+ required
5. There are interesting threads posted in our forums; don't miss out ;) http://hexravens.enjin.com/forum

Crazy_Klino
06-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Aw, I liked 'The Guild That Should Not Be', an awesome reference to 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth'. I suppose 'Ravens' is shorter, though, which may be important if there's a character limit on the guild names. ha ha

Mindless
06-14-2013, 08:20 AM
I humbly request an audience with the ancient one, even though I know I have not yet proven myself faithful, to discuss a further allegiance!

In other words I want to join this guild ;) I've sent a application along with some friends that want to pledge their lives for the cause.

RanaDunes
06-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Aw, I liked 'The Guild That Should Not Be', an awesome reference to 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth'. I suppose 'Ravens' is shorter, though, which may be important if there's a character limit on the guild names. ha ha

Haha! I bet it's going to exceed the character limits of guild names :p
Fear not, my friend, for we're still the Guild that should NOT be!

I humbly request an audience with the ancient one, even though I know I have not yet proven myself faithful, to discuss a further allegiance!

In other words I want to join this guild ;) I've sent a application along with some friends that want to pledge their lives for the cause.

Your faith and your comrades' shall be put to test and I'm sure you will not disappoint, Sir Knight. ;)

RanaDunes
06-15-2013, 10:16 PM
We have reached our limit, there's one opening remaining for our PvE Elder (Raid Leader or GK+ tier required).

Also, if you're interested in being put in the waiting list you may send me a PM. You'll be given priority to join the guild just in case one of our current members becomes inactive for a month or leaves the guild.

MD11
06-16-2013, 03:04 AM
I backed up as a squire.