PDA

View Full Version : I know you have plenty on your plate but.

RdaCHAN
06-08-2013, 02:47 AM
Hex on PS4 next goal lol. Tablet is sweet and PC is sweet but being able to play on PS4 with face chat and easy recording and streaming = solid realm to play hex on. Especially since lots of F2P games are going to PS4. Good work so far. I only pledged Warrior because I'm a poor little 18 year old, but im still excited af' just paid for a draft tonight on ugly af' mtgo, wishing I was paying for a Hex draft.

Xenavire
06-08-2013, 03:54 AM
PS4 would be interesting, but for now they should focus on getting the game out. Look how long it took to get Diablo 3 on PS3 - these things aren't easy, or quick, and even if they could get a PS4 dev kit, it would push back release a lot.

ananda
06-08-2013, 04:54 AM
People are saying that the PS4 is basically a PC (and not even a very powerful one at that). So porting to PS4, unlike to PS3, may not be that difficult after all.

Xenavire
06-08-2013, 05:02 AM
People are saying that the PS4 is basically a PC (and not even a very powerful one at that). So porting to PS4, unlike to PS3, may not be that difficult after all.

They would still have to remap things to work with a controller (maybe the move), and it probably would need some UI changes, and those aren't considering the online and server hosting etc. Remember the DC superheroes MMO - it could not connect with PC versions, and that is something Crypto would need to figure out. Even if the coding and architecture fit perfectly, it would be a hell of an undertaking at this point.

Brumby66
06-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Hex on PS4 next goal lol. Tablet is sweet and PC is sweet but being able to play on PS4 with face chat and easy recording and streaming = solid realm to play hex on. Especially since lots of F2P games are going to PS4. Good work so far. I only pledged Warrior because I'm a poor little 18 year old, but im still excited af' just paid for a draft tonight on ugly af' mtgo, wishing I was paying for a Hex draft.

But all my ps4 money went into hex.

LexC
06-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Sure it would be nice to have it on PS4.

PC and Tablet is where my money is though!

dwebber88
06-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Sure it would be nice to have it on PS4.

PC and Tablet is where my money is though!

Exactly my thoughts. Sick of all those game being ported to pc (that makes them no real pc games)

I think PC will be the most used platform. After that Mac/Tablet. Then maybe some Linux/Console who'd like their favorite game on their favorite platform.

Tiuvath
06-08-2013, 05:42 AM
doubtful, if ever, then probably some years down the line

panzer
06-08-2013, 05:45 AM
In all honesty it is unlikely; but I would rather see it on a ps4 than an xbox one (I'm boycotting xbox after the one announcement). I would imagine when we see MTG on PS4 Hex won't be far behind.

RdaCHAN
06-08-2013, 05:52 AM
In all honesty it is unlikely; but I would rather see it on a ps4 than an xbox one (I'm boycotting xbox after the one announcement). I would imagine when we see MTG on PS4 Hex won't be far behind.

they already do have duels of the planeswalker on both consoles, its pretty successful, and its not even that deep. It's actually what got me into playing MTG a few years ago. I'm telling you, I'm not demanding it now, but it wouldn't hurt to have a PS4 port eventually, I mean its a card game how hard can the controls be? (don't bash me for this maybe it is really hard, I'm just imagining it would be a lot easier then a roaming shooter for instance)

RdaCHAN
06-08-2013, 06:17 AM
did my new signature work... *test*

ConnorJS
06-08-2013, 06:56 AM
That's something to think about after release, I want Alpha in August/Sept not 2014....

Xenavire
06-08-2013, 07:02 AM
I think it is relatively easy - but that is relative to a shooter. It still will be a lot when they need to finalise mac/pc, and then tablets...

It isn't a terrible idea, it is just something that MUST wait, for everyones sakes. We still don't know if the servers can synch up at all, let alone for live play.

RdaCHAN
06-08-2013, 07:13 AM
I think it is relatively easy - but that is relative to a shooter. It still will be a lot when they need to finalise mac/pc, and then tablets...

It isn't a terrible idea, it is just something that MUST wait, for everyones sakes. We still don't know if the servers can synch up at all, let alone for live play.

Oh I understand, I don't think many people read the title or original post before commenting, I said once they have stuff situated :p its just a reccomendation not like a "IM NOT PLAI-ING IF U GAIS DONT PS4 MEEEERRP"

Xenavire
06-08-2013, 07:44 AM
And I am not disagreeing at all - my friend went warrior and plans on getting a PS4, if he could stream Hex to his vita and do livestreams/recording, he would get pretty hyped.

I think this would be something nice in the future, but the PS4 and the WiiU are the best to try this for. I ignore Xbox one (actually not because it is so crappy) but because of smart glass - a decent chunk of Xbox one players would not benefit more by getting a console version. Add in the other issues on top, then it is not an attractive option. It would be fine if they don't need to devote extra dev time to porting it, but I doubt it.

Hibbert
06-08-2013, 07:59 AM
The console stores are way too different from Google Play/iOS App Store. For example, I know the XBox Marketplace has severe restrictions on how often and how large updates can be. Which would be a big problem for any game that is constantly releasing new content/card sets.

I'm also not convinced that the market reached would be anything more than what it is via PC/Tablet. I can't imagine that there are many people who would have access to a console, but not a PC or tablet. Especially since this game will most likely run fine on a low end PC.

It might be cool to play Hex on consoles, but I doubt it's practical for CZE.

Vibraxus
06-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Before anything hits the PS4, they need to make a hardware based backwards compatible version of the PS4. *grumble*