PDA

View Full Version : Castle/keep defense

f5shooter
06-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I looked and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if I missed it.

I know we can build decks that the AI will control to keep our keep defended. But if I happen to be online when someone challenges my keep, am I able to play as my own defender? Or is keep defense AI controlled only?

BenRGamer
06-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I believe the answer is no.

Stok3d
06-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I believe the answer is no.

This. However, it would be pretty cool to be able to do a little something extra if you were logged on. That would help with strategizing when to hit someone's keep and when not to.

Beastmaster
06-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I believe that the Keep, once set up, is basically locked until its defeated - so I dont see this being available as an option

Vibraxus
06-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I think we need a purple answer on this. Because if i can defend my own keep...well I should be able to.

DRawsm
its ai only but they have to get passed 3 decks with there 1 so you have pretty good odds of winning

Derium
Are we able to "raid" our own keeps just so we can see the deck in action? So we can tweak it?

f5shooter
06-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I think we need a purple answer on this. Because if i can defend my own keep...well I should be able to.

Two things:

I agree and honestly, not being the greatest player, it might be to the attackers advantage if I were online, but I'd still rather defend my own keep if I'm online.

Secondly, I hope we can see a replay of the match. I don't want to just log in and see "Vibraxus has defeated your keep." without knowing what decks he used or how the AI played. Please let us see how the match unfolded so we can build decks accordingly.

Arbiter
06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
A replay of the victor would be awesome.

I presume you could cancel your keep defense if no one is in it. I would imagine that all the cards involved in the defense along with all of the prizes are locked away from trading, etc, so being able to cancel one would be important.

DRawsm
06-09-2013, 04:46 PM
if you use cards in your keep deck you can still use them in every other game type there not tied up as for the reward im not sure on that one and you also cant change you decks untill they lose so if your lucky it might be a while till you can tweak your decks

Thallium45
06-09-2013, 04:48 PM
I did hear of this functionality of the keep defense but im yet to find an actual article or thread on it.

can anyone link me or give a decent explanation about how the system will work?

ossuary
06-09-2013, 05:19 PM
This is one of the features I'm looking forward to the most. Hopefully we will be able to test our own keep in some way to see if the decks are working well, and also get a replay of the guy that took us down so we can learn and improve. Those are both great ideas.

Gorgol
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I would like to be able to test my keep decks in some way and yeah that replay of the winner idea would be awesome.

f5shooter
06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I would like to be able to test my keep decks in some way and yeah that replay of the winner idea would be awesome.

Well for some.... I'll probably have more replays to watch than I have cards. :(

f5shooter
06-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I did hear of this functionality of the keep defense but im yet to find an actual article or thread on it.

can anyone link me or give a decent explanation about how the system will work?

This is the only thing I can find from the stretch goal...

960K - Keep Defense

Become the master of your own domain! Every Lord of Entrath must defend their Keep, so we’re turning it into a game. Players will be able to set up a series of decks to defend their Keep, which will be played by our powerful AI (so you don’t need to even be online!). There will be rewards and prizes for those who are victorious in both defense and offense.

So it says you don't NEED to be online... hopefully if we happen to be, we can take part.

Facilier
06-09-2013, 06:54 PM
The whole facing 3 decks thing: is it gonna be 3 at once of 3 decks sequentially?

Also really have to wonder what percentage of the siege cost will go to the player and whether the contents of the keep are easily visible, so like can I just calculate that if I beat this keep in less than X tries, I at the very least get my money back.

yovalord
06-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Can we use PvE cards in keep defense? I think that would add a lot more fun to it :D

Govir
06-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Become the master of your own domain! Every Lord of Entrath must defend their Keep, so we’re turning it into a game. Players will be able to set up a series of decks to defend their Keep, which will be played by our powerful AI (so you don’t need to even be online!). There will be rewards and prizes for those who are victorious in both defense and offense.

So it says you don't NEED to be online... hopefully if we happen to be, we can take part.

It says that the decks will be played by AI. To me that means they will always be played by AIs.

The whole facing 3 decks thing: is it gonna be 3 at once of 3 decks sequentially?

I believe that it will be one deck at a time based on the word "series" which normally implies multiple games.

Boozecluez
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Looking forward to this feature ,hopefully some more info on this filters in over the next few weeks as this will be alot of fun :)

Showsni
06-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I looked and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if I missed it.

I know we can build decks that the AI will control to keep our keep defended. But if I happen to be online when someone challenges my keep, am I able to play as my own defender? Or is keep defense AI controlled only?

This was answered in one of the twitch streams with Corey - it will be AI controlled only.

Are we able to "raid" our own keeps just so we can see the deck in action? So we can tweak it?

I asked this in the twitch stream too - Corey said no, you can't raid your own keep.

Most of the keep defence questions seem to have been asked on streams, so there isn't a real article about it yet. Based on what I remember of them, it works like this... (correct me if I'm wrong!)

You set up three decks to defend your keep, and put some gold inside for the winner to take. You can also modify your keep itself to make it tougher.

Anyone wanting to challenge a keep has to pony up a fee - part of this goes to you, part to the prize fund inside. They have to beat all three AI controlled decks with their one deck (and also get past whatever other defences you've set up). If they're successful, they win the jackpot.

Rins
06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
And what will get king of keep if attackers will lose?

Aradon
06-09-2013, 09:25 PM
It sounds like the owner gets a portion of the attacking fee, and the other portion goes into the prize fund.

Baigan
06-09-2013, 09:26 PM
And what will get king of keep if attackers will lose?

The defender keeps all the gold that the attacker paid at the start.

Zarien
06-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah every answer has lead to AI only.

ShaolinRaven
06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
The defender keeps all the gold that the attacker paid at the start.

Actually you only get a percentage of the gold your attacker paid, some of it goes into your keep as a bonus treasure for anyone that actually becomes successful and you don't get that portion. If it is a 50% split and you charge 50g you get 25g and 25g goes into your keep's vault to be given to the lucky victor that defeats your keep.

Baigan
06-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Actually you only get a percentage of the gold your attacker paid, some of it goes into your keep as a bonus treasure for anyone that actually becomes successful and you don't get that portion. If it is a 50% split and you charge 50g you get 25g and 25g goes into your keep's vault to be given to the lucky victor that defeats your keep.

Yeah; funds in your keep would be considered yours though, right? I don't see the point in maintaining a keep at all unless you can withdraw funds after successful defenses.

(Or, if the cost of attacking a keep is substantially large compared to the gold value in the keep.)

mudkip
06-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah; funds in your keep would be considered yours though, right? I don't see the point in maintaining a keep at all unless you can withdraw funds after successful defenses.

(Or, if the cost of attacking a keep is substantially large compared to the gold value in the keep.)

The larger the coffer, the more likely people are to attack it. You don't need to "maintain" it - you put in some initial gold and a deck to defend and then reap the rewards.

Beastmaster
06-09-2013, 10:11 PM

I think that the idea is that Keeps will be pretty OP and to make up for that, they are required to be a static challenge until defeated - people can look at the lost fee's for failure as an investment in working out how to defeat your keep and ponder the challenge with friends.

Once the first few people have failed in your keep, there is no longer any risk to you as you will have earned back your 'treasure' and the prize and your income will grow by themselves giving you increasing returns until it is defeated.

I would like to see an in game bonus for the Keep with the biggest treasure at any one time though (like a special charge power) to encourage people to put more in their keep to start with :)

KeplerVerge
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
this was covered in one of the interviews with Cory. Keeps defense decks will be played soley by AI. You put gold into the keep treasury and set a challenge fee. When paid, a portion of the challenge fee goes toward the keep owner, a portion to the treasury(prize) and a portion is a tax gold sink. Keeps will have purchaseable bonuses to aide in defense(they are as of yet undisclosed)

Thallium45
06-09-2013, 10:56 PM
So the reward for setting up a keep is the portion of the fee an individual puts up to try and take you down. and the glory of having a huge horde of treasure defended by your powerful decks.

AstaSyneri
06-10-2013, 01:16 AM
I love it.

It's a great idea to setup user-generated Dungeons. If they give us a graphical choice of our fortress, with different upgrades (at first only one deck, adding more stages, for example, bonuses for certain deck styles, etc.) this can be a great mini-game within the game.

I really hope they come through with all those MMO ideas!