PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to do intra-Guild drafts?

AstaSyneri
06-10-2013, 01:39 AM
It has come up in our own guild forums, that we would much prefer to do the regular Hex drafts with other members of our guild, rather than with "strangers".

Will this be possible, has anybody heard anything about this?

Ravallian
06-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Would be nice if we're able to do this.

Rapkannibale
06-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Don't think there has been any offices word in this but it would be awesome. Especially if the guilds could provide the pack support themselves. Like every player brings an additional pack as prize and then the top 2 or 4 get those packs.

Pretty sure if they have this feature CZE won't provide prizes for them as it could be exploiter too easily.

Gridian
06-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Is it not possible to do a private draft? If so, just only invite guildies and the issue is solved. Though I am not certein :)

Fireblast
06-10-2013, 02:55 AM
What would be better is to have Draft tables that you can select (ala MTGO) and not only a draft queue

~

dwebber88
06-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Actually thats a brilliant idea. hope they'll integrate it.

TheDiv
06-10-2013, 03:34 AM
I truly hope so. I would love to include tournaments internal to the guild. I reckon most Guilds would be happy to provide the prizes themselves in order to give members the experience without having to pay.

Athravan
06-10-2013, 03:37 AM
I'd really love for us to get some more information about guilds, tournaments and drafts. I'd be willing to provide prizes for my guild and I think a lot of people out there would be as well.

panzer
06-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Actually thats a brilliant idea. hope they'll integrate it.

Even if its a buy in winner takes all draft I would be okay with that.

Arbiter
06-10-2013, 04:50 AM
They have said internal guild tournaments are something they are aiming for.

I think it just has to be handled a little carefully. It is definitely good to facilitate in guild activities, but they need to ensure also that there are a steady stream of people available at the draft tables also. I don't think allowing people to "queue as a group" is a good idea at the regular draft tables.

Can I also suggest some guild vs guild action. I know multi-player is out, but you could have 3-5 man teams playing 3-5 sealed or constructed matches, with the guild winning the majority of matches the winner. Should be over in less than an hour and a laddered competition would be great.

AstaSyneri
06-10-2013, 04:58 AM
I am not worried about hardcore players getting enough choices. I am just wondering whether we casual PvP (and more PvE-oriented) players will have a chance to rather play with friends/guildmates.

When you draft at your FLGS the thing can become a very friendly affair, or become outright hostile. In my guild there are a lot of PvE players who'd otherwise rather rare pick and leave than play. If there are intra-Guild drafts, I am sure we'll get a steady stream of real draft tournaments going, where people support each other to become better players.

Official prizes (as in CZE-sponsored) would be nice, but of secondary importance.

ConnorJS
06-10-2013, 04:59 AM
I think as long as no cards were injected by CZE as prizes then this would be awesome :).

AstaSyneri
06-10-2013, 06:09 AM
I think as long as no cards were injected by CZE as prizes then this would be awesome :).

Why not? Do not offer the high reward draft format, but the more casual ones? That shouldn't be a problem.

Malicus
06-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Why not? Do not offer the high reward draft format, but the more casual ones? That shouldn't be a problem.

The problem is if you have a full guild draft you are essentially removing the risk involved in the draft process as your guild will definitely win the boosters. Assuming a $1 entry and a 12 booster prize pool which seems to be what people suggest your guild essentially buys 12 boosters a draft for $8.

Fireblast
06-10-2013, 06:15 AM
The only risk is that the "random" draft queues/tables could end up empty fossilizing the playerbase.
There won't be newcomers to PvP if everyone plays only with his guild.

~

YourOpponent
06-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Does anybody know if the Guild Showdowns will be guild vs guild drafts...or will they be sealed or constructed?

Svenn
06-10-2013, 06:25 AM
I REALLY hope this makes it in. Most of the reason I play games like this is to play with friends. I don't care if there is support for prizes or anything like that, I just want to be able to do a draft tournament with only friends/guild members.

theophanya
06-10-2013, 06:30 AM
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to test draft, but naturally you won't be able to keep the drafted cards. Looks like an easy feature to implement (if they don't have it already)

papalorax
06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to test draft, but naturally you won't be able to keep the drafted cards. Looks like an easy feature to implement (if they don't have it already)

Test drafting sounds like a terrible idea for CZE - why real draft if you can test draft.

As far as prizes - why not - if CZE determines that opening 24 packs and destroying 8 platinum is worth 12 unopened packs...they should not care at all who gets those 12 packs.

Stok3d
06-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Cory touched on a "Sandbox Feature" where we will be able to pretty much create anything we want and even assign it prizes. Drafting was not specifically mentioned in the audio, but this idea was discussed after he responded to a question on leagues.
Basically, any event can be created, specific event time/size/structure boundaries chosen, and even a prize "uploaded for payout".

I would imagine that the "Sandbox" feature Cory detailed in one of his interviews to be the venue for guild drafting if they decide to allow this. However, doing this type of drafting could be detrimental to their business structure.