PDA

View Full Version : HEX & E-Sports: Pay to Win & Tournament Accounts

Pages : 1 [2]

Banquetto
07-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Seriously, when did they stop teaching kids to read in public school? I'm gonna be nice though, and not tear into you for criticizing an idea you don't understand before giving you a chance to reread this thread carefully.

You're not the only person in this thread, Avedecus. Just before the post you replied to, someone was saying "if they had a way of earning pvp currency by playing matches that would enable the player base to more easily gain cards and lower the pay wall".

I'm quite old, and learned to read at school; hence, I actually saw that post that raised Jbizzi's ire.

Jbizzi
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Seriously, when did they stop teaching kids to read in public school? I'm gonna be nice though, and not tear into you for criticizing an idea you don't understand before giving you a chance to reread this thread carefully.

Please teach me to read and "tear into me."

I have read the thread, though I will admit it doesn't get my full attention like some of you seem to be allocating to it. I am still pretty firm on the idea that giving people **** for free will inevitably degrade your economy. It is pretty standard stuff and doesn't require a fifth grade reading level... just common sense.

If people are given the chance to simply play with all the cards, what is the point of collecting them? What is the point of paying to collect them?

Granted, not everyone will feel this way and keep playing in drafts, PvE, paying for boosters for their set, but a percentage of the population won't see the point and simply stop paying to play in anything competitive.

Avedecus
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Please teach me to read and "tear into me."

I have read the thread, though I will admit it doesn't get my full attention like some of you seem to be allocating to it. I am still pretty firm on the idea that giving people **** for free will inevitably degrade your economy. It is pretty standard stuff and doesn't require a fifth grade reading level... just common sense.

If people are given the chance to simply play with all the cards, what is the point of collecting them? What is the point of paying to collect them?

Granted, not everyone will feel this way and keep playing in drafts, PvE, paying for boosters for their set, but a percentage of the population won't see the point and simply stop paying to play in anything competitive.

The vast majority of this thread has absolutely zero to do with giving anyone anything for free. The majority of the discussion has been about streamlining and evening the playing field in high-end, physical tournaments where the (very critical) eyes of the e-sports community will be watching.