PDA

View Full Version : Want to Trade

Shivdaddy
05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
Trading 3 packs of set 1 for 5 tix on mtgo. Show your support of Hex and cash out of MTGO! I have more packs than I need and want to balance my CCG budget! Would also consider MTGO cards @ bot buy prices if you want. I have around 50 packs I am willing to trade. Just PM me, thanks.

If this is against some sort of rules, please delete.

Xenavire
05-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Well, I cant actually think of a specific rule against this, but it doesn't seem very classy (I know why you are doing it, but its just a strange way.)

And without being able to trade, you are asking for a lot of faith.

Shivdaddy
05-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah it is asking for some trust, but I am not going anywhere. I love this game too much to risk anything. I guess its sort of a pre order type situation. I was thinking there has to be some people who have totally switched games and no longer play the other making it a no brainer to take this offer. And your right I did feel a little dirty posting the offer, lol.

hammer
05-31-2014, 04:11 PM
For what it is worth I can vouch for shivdaddy's honesty. He has been around MTGO for years and can be totally trusted to complete the deal in my opinion.

LLCoolDave
05-31-2014, 04:19 PM
I've got tons of leftover tix on MODO but I also still have 160 unused Set 1 boosters so that's not exactly something I really need right now =(

Xenavire
05-31-2014, 04:46 PM
For what it is worth I can vouch for shivdaddy's honesty. He has been around MTGO for years and can be totally trusted to complete the deal in my opinion.

That does help - I don't distrust him or anything, but without people vouching for him, people could make a strong argument that he was trying to scam. Can more people vouch for him, make this a little more solid?

And LLCoolDave, I think he wants to liquidate assets for drafting... Unless I misunderstand? :p

Kangsta
05-31-2014, 05:39 PM
How do you even give each other packs in this game?

Xenavire
05-31-2014, 05:44 PM
How do you even give each other packs in this game?

Gotta wait for trading. Right now all you can do is make promises.

mach
05-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Isn't this kind of trade forbidden by the ToS?

Banquetto
05-31-2014, 06:56 PM
Isn't this kind of trade forbidden by the ToS?

Item C.7 of the T&Cs would seem to forbid it, yes.

No External Transfer or Sale of Virtual Assets. HEX Entertainment does not recognize any purported transfers or sales of event tickets or other virtual assets outside of the HEX Game. Accordingly, you are strictly prohibited from selling, gifting or exchanging virtual assets, event tickets or any other virtual HEX Game currency for other any value outside of the HEX Game.

Xenavire
05-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Item C.7 of the T&Cs would seem to forbid it, yes.

This would technically cover Gencon mercs and AA, among other things. It isn't being enforced, so unless CZE starts enforcing it, it is fine. It is a buyer/seller beware deal though, because CZE will not mediate if someone gets ripped off.

mach
05-31-2014, 07:18 PM
This would technically cover Gencon mercs and AA, among other things. It isn't being enforced, so unless CZE starts enforcing it, it is fine. It is a buyer/seller beware deal though, because CZE will not mediate if someone gets ripped off.

Of course it isn't being enforced yet...because you can't break it yet, as there is no trading.

I'm not sure the rule applies to things like Gencon mercs, because those aren't in-game objects when they are traded.

Xenavire
05-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Of course it isn't being enforced yet...because you can't break it yet, as there is no trading.

I'm not sure the rule applies to things like Gencon mercs, because those aren't in-game objects when they are traded.

The codes grant digital goods. Like I said, its a technicality.

But pre-orders are being made, etc. CZE would make a statement if the behaviour was going to be punished.

Still not sure that trading between the two games is a good idea though. It just screams lawsuit fodder, but I may be paranoid.

x78089
05-31-2014, 07:27 PM
I can vouch for shivdaddy. He has been a long time member on the HEXRealms forum and I have little doubt that he will execute any trade in good faith.

mach
05-31-2014, 07:42 PM
The codes grant digital goods. Like I said, its a technicality.

But pre-orders are being made, etc. CZE would make a statement if the behaviour was going to be punished.

Still not sure that trading between the two games is a good idea though. It just screams lawsuit fodder, but I may be paranoid.

It's not a technicality. I expect things will work like they do with the WoW TCG loot cards.

Loot cards can be bought/sold for real money, but not for in-game currency.
Loot cards can be redeemed for in-game items.
In-game items can be bought/sold for in-game currency (assuming they are traceable), but not for real money.

As for the pre-orders, it's possible that CZE has a separate vendor license which allows this. Or maybe they just haven't started enforcement because trading isn't in.