PDA

View Full Version : Eldon's affiliation

Khendral
06-26-2014, 11:23 AM
So, if Eldon is Lord Adam's apprentice and he casts Diamond actions (as seen on Stoneskin)...why is he a Sapphire troop (as seen on Eldon's Distress Signal last stage)? Shouldn't he be a Diamond troop? Did he move to another human kingdom? ^_^

KingGabriel
06-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Maybe i locked him in a cage for making all the livestock in the kingdom fly. That's my theory.

Frost3
06-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Humans make use of all three shards. (Technically wild, and blood magic, aren't actually shards.) Eldon, likely makes use of both sapphire, and diamond shards, and the magic, that they harness from them.

To your theory, it is possible, that Eldon traveled from Cerulea to Adamanth to learn from Lord Adam, but his heart belongs to his homeland.

What i would love to see is flavor text on the Eldon's distress signal.

Eldon's Distress Signal. 'Though the enemy had captured him, he did not give in to despair. Help may yet arrive.'

Eldon the Imprisoned. 'Iron bars, and shackles may have imprisoned the powerful the powerful mage, but it did not diminish his power, nor his desire to help his allies.'

Eldon the Liberated. 'Free of his shackles, his heart, and his body took to the sky.'

This is somewhat a poor example, as i don't know who captured him or why. Who sees the signal and comes to his aid. But i do feel like this is either a missed opportunity to tell a small part of his story, or that they didn't want to tell us because it would spoil something that's still coming. PvE, or the book. Maybe, if we're lucky, once they reveal the origin of this card, it will get its own flavor text. After all they said they would never nerf, or change the fundamentals of a card. No reason not to throw a little text on.

darla
09-22-2014, 02:29 AM
The card developers do have to be careful about adding extraneous attributes to cards. Otherwise you can end up with stuff like Cottontail Ronin being a Troop - Shin'hare Rabbit Warrior Berserker Samurai Soldier Ronin. It might make sense when considering what mechanics might come in the future, but it takes up unnecessary space, and they gotta draw the line somewhere.

Latest 70-487 dumps (http://www.braindumps.co/70-487.htm) dump and Rasmussen College (http://www.rasmussen.edu/) practice questions delivers in depth understanding .

Frost3
09-22-2014, 08:03 AM
There should be a forum title. If your first post is a necro you get dubbed Necromancer for the first few hundred posts. >.>

Good point though, and welcome to the forums. =)

Saeijou
09-22-2014, 03:24 PM
The card developers do have to be careful about adding extraneous attributes to cards. Otherwise you can end up with stuff like Cottontail Ronin being a Troop - Shin'hare Rabbit Warrior Berserker Samurai Soldier Ronin. It might make sense when considering what mechanics might come in the future, but it takes up unnecessary space, and they gotta draw the line somewhere.

Or angel of dawn isn't an angel :D
Yeah... somehow they should review that... :/

KingGabriel
09-23-2014, 12:21 AM
There should be a forum title. If your first post is a necro you get dubbed Necromancer for the first few hundred posts. >.>

Good point though, and welcome to the forums. =)
To be fair, this is like the most inactive subforum atm, no-one bothers to scroll the 300px or so down here ;p I still stand by what i said 3 months ago though.

Gwaer
09-27-2014, 06:20 AM
You can't necro a thread that's still on the front page.

Zomnivore
10-17-2014, 06:49 PM
I'd think it would come out in some form of synergy. Like the Lord thing, maybe its supposed to be some sort of mechanical synergy that displays the lore, rather then the individual card itself showing the lore.

So maybe like down the road there would be a "Lockhart the Rescuer" and he rescues the guy, but instead of being limited to a sapphire mechanic, the new card would apply new abilities to the Eldon card.

Like something to the effect that the Eldon who's rescued by average Joes is just sorta ok, but the guy who's rescued by a friend is really enthusiastic and being jailed doesn't weigh em down.

Stuff like thats kinda where I think they'd go with it.