PDA

View Full Version : So I was at BlizzCon...

BlindMan
11-09-2014, 04:48 PM
...and I decided to wear my Hex t-shirt. I figured if even one person noticed it and knew about the game, it would be pretty cool.

Boy was I right.

Someone did recognize my shirt. His name is Cory Jones.

I had to do a double take when I saw him, because I know what he looks like, but it's different seeing someone in person for the first time. Just like everyone says, he's super nice in person, and very approachable. We talked about Hex for a few minutes before my gamer wife dragged me away so that we wouldn't miss the WoW panel she wanted to see. It was actually our anniversary, and we met playing WoW, so there was no way I was going to get away with making us late to the WoW events :D

An interesting follow up to my encounter with Cory happened later that day. Someone walked by me and said "Hey, nice shirt." I told him about how I met Cory while wearing it, and he said "Yeah, he's my boss." Turns out I managed to run into Data Dragon as well.

Definitely more than I bargained for when I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I wore my Hex shirt to BlizzCon?"

hex_colin
11-09-2014, 04:53 PM
...and I decided to wear my Hex t-shirt. I figured if even one person noticed it and knew about the game, it would be pretty cool.

Boy was I right.

I had to do a double take when I saw him, because I know what he looks like, but it's different seeing someone in person for the first time. Just like everyone says, he's super nice in person, and very approachable. We talked about Hex for a few minutes before my gamer wife dragged me away so that we wouldn't miss the WoW panel she wanted to see. It was actually our anniversary, and we met playing WoW, so there was no way I was going to get away with making us late to the WoW events :D

An interesting follow up to my encounter with Cory happened later that day. Someone walked by me and said "Hey, nice shirt." I told him about how I met Cory while wearing it, and he said "Yeah, he's my boss." Turns out I managed to run into Data Dragon as well.

Definitely more than I bargained for when I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I wore my Hex shirt to BlizzCon?"

Lots of the HEX folks were around. :) Cory was using another identity though... ;)

bootlace

Boy was I right.

Awesome story :)

NOBLEStarshield
Wow that's awesome! Did you enjoy Blizzcon?

BlindMan
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I loved BlizzCon. It was my first time going, and I was really hoping that they were going to announce an FPS game, so I was really hyped about Overwatch. I played it and it's awesome.

I also like e-sports, and have played basically all of the Blizzard catalog of games, so I was all over the convention checking out everything. It was a blast.

JakeFreedom
11-09-2014, 04:58 PM
That is super cool!

RCDv57
11-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Huh!
I guess I've been wandering around all the wrong places in my Hex shirt.

Littlejon24
11-09-2014, 08:24 PM
pretty neat story. i remember judging for them in the WoWtcg days. they are all very friendly people.

Stok3d
11-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Behind the tag of the Hex Shirts is a homing device where HexEnt tracks our movements. Cory thought it was a great way to be more personable with the community as he could meet with them in public when they're worn. Only problem is that HexEnt created such a great game that no one really leaves the house any more.

Looks like you are the first guy to actually be pulled away from the compuer and for good reason. Happy Anniversary ^ ^

Vorpal
11-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Ha, that is pretty cool.

I think if I ran into Cory randomly I would have a hard time believing it was him.

Erukk
11-10-2014, 01:30 AM
Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Behind the tag of the Hex Shirts is a homing device where HexEnt tracks our movements. Cory thought it was a great way to be more personable with the community as he could meet with them in public when they're worn. Only problem is that HexEnt created such a great game that no one really leaves the house any more.

Looks like you are the first guy to actually be pulled away from the compuer and for good reason. Happy Anniversary ^ ^

That's much more plausible than the idea I was thinking. I thought Cory had all the Hex shirts enchanted to summon a dev Bloody Mary style if they wore it in front of a mirror and thought "I wonder if someone will recognize it?". ;)

ksetrat
11-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Haha! very cool on wearing the shirt. Shame i didn't see you when i was wandering around, would have been nice to chat with a fellow HEXer outside of game.

I was wandering around my assassins creed outfit at Blizzcon. Last year the costume was a great hit cause i went to the blizzard cosplayers asking if they wanted to kill me. A few laughs and several pictures were taken.
this year, they didn't seem to care.

glad to hear you enjoyed the con though! it was quite a bit of fun. grats to you on the bonus story for heading there.

Bullus
11-11-2014, 05:02 AM
Ha, that is pretty cool.

I think if I ran into Cory randomly I would have a hard time believing it was him.

you tell by timing the hug..... (sorry had to make the reference :) )

Cirouss
11-11-2014, 08:42 AM

Boy was I right.

That's is a very cool story man! :D You never know what the day can bring. And I definately know what you mean, when I met cory the first time in the business area on gamescom here in germany it was crazy as well. And to be honest: I was shocked how tall he actually was! He was taller than me! :D

Really cool thing man, guess you are really glad you were wearing that shirt =)

Athravan
11-11-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm double jealous, going to Blizzcon and meeting Cory are both on my bucket list right now :D I would also just be happy if I owned a Hex T-Shirt so maybe I should work on that first.

Chocmaw
11-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Cool story :) Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a blast!