PDA

View Full Version : Set 2 Sealed Format?

Rendakor
11-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Will it be played with all Set 2? Half and half? 112222?

(Insert random doom and gloom to maintain my Elite Troll status)

nicosharp
11-19-2014, 01:43 PM
2,2,2,2,1,1 for standard set 2 sealed after release celebration.

the release celebration sealed will be: 2,2,2,2,2,2

Vorpal
11-19-2014, 01:59 PM
4/2 seems strange. Why not 3/3?

Making a sealed deck with only two set 1 packs could be extremely luck dependent.

I assume if three sets are out it would be 2/2/2 so I see no reason to favor one set over another.

Draft has to favor a set ifthere are only two because you have only 3 packs. Sealed can and should be divided evenly.

nicosharp
11-19-2014, 02:05 PM
You may actually be right, Vorpal. I think interest is going to be driven by set 2, not set 1. If they want to round out the block, they can with the release of set 3.

Rendakor
11-19-2014, 02:09 PM
2,2,2,2,1,1 for standard set 2 sealed after release celebration.
Source? Or is this just speculation?

nicosharp
11-19-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't have a link, but I thought this was mentioned. I could be wrong. I read a lot of stuff.

MatWith1T
11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Has there been any word on what the payout structure will be, sealed or draft? (or constructed?)
I assume most people cruising the forums are way more interested in winning Set 2 packs, but newer players are still gonna need core Set 1 card to build a deck

Vorpal
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Has there been any word on what the payout structure will be, sealed or draft? (or constructed?)
I assume most people cruising the forums are way more interested in winning Set 2 packs, but newer players are still gonna need core Set 1 card to build a deck

They can exchange the set 2 packs for set 1 packs, though. As set 2 packs will be worth more than set 1 packs getting all set 2 packs is a better deal even for new players.

Rendakor
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM
We've got another thread for payouts somewhere, let's not derail this one with that please.

Svenn
11-19-2014, 03:10 PM
They can exchange the set 2 packs for set 1 packs, though. As set 2 packs will be worth more than set 1 packs getting all set 2 packs is a better deal even for new players.

If no Set 1 packs are generated by tournaments, then the price for Set 1 packs will rise and eventually be more than Set 2 packs. Also, generating only Set 2 packs means more entering the economy and the prices of all Set 2 related things being lower than they would be with a split payout.

Rendakor
11-19-2014, 03:15 PM
stahp

Vorpal
11-19-2014, 04:08 PM
If no Set 1 packs are generated by tournaments, then the price for Set 1 packs will rise and eventually be more than Set 2 packs. Also, generating only Set 2 packs means more entering the economy and the prices of all Set 2 related things being lower than they would be with a split payout.

Why would it be a problem if set 1 packs went up in price?

I expect they are going to increase in price slightly simply due to no longer being available as VIP rewards.

I don't think they will ever be more valuable than set 2 packs. I expect set 2 packs to mostly trade at 'store' price and there is no reason for set 1 packs to increase above store price.

Svenn
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Why would it be a problem if set 1 packs went up in price?

I expect they are going to increase in price slightly simply due to no longer being available as VIP rewards.

I don't think they will ever be more valuable than set 2 packs. I expect set 2 packs to mostly trade at 'store' price and there is no reason for set 1 packs to increase above store price.
Set 1 packs are still needed to play in draft/sealed. If Set 1 packs stop being generated then when the current supply dries up the only way to get new ones would be from the store. That puts the best price being about 170 on the AH. Set 2 packs will be getting generated from tournaments and will probably stabilize around the 150 plat range, maybe even lower since less are needed per draft/sealed.

Saeijou
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
SO we wont be able to buy set1 and set2 in the store, right? We are "forced" to buy the needed set1 potion for the tourneys in the AH.

hex_colin
11-19-2014, 04:52 PM
SO we wont be able to buy set1 and set2 in the store, right? We are "forced" to buy the needed set1 potion for the tourneys in the AH.

You can buy Set 1 packs from the store until they go "Out of Print". They won't go out of print until the start of the 3rd block if history with other TCGs is any indication.

Saeijou
11-19-2014, 04:59 PM
You can buy Set 1 packs from the store until they go "Out of Print". They won't go out of print until the start of the 3rd block if history with other TCGs is any indication.

good to know, thanks colin :)

but in that case the price of set1 packs will never rise above 170 plat until they are "out of prin"