PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter priorities

thebookerman
11-29-2014, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

I don't normally use forums, but I'm getting really frustrated and wanted somewhere to be heard.

I backed Hex at a high level, on the promise it would be available to play on the Tablet in the future. I understand they need to sort out bugs and whatnot, so have been patient. However, news of sets two (and rumoured if work on the third already), is ridiculous.

I want to play this game on my tablet, like it was promised. I don't want more sets that I can't use. Has there been ANY development on this whatsoever?

Thanks.

poizonous
11-29-2014, 02:45 AM
we will probably have 4 sets before Tablet version. they never said that the tablet version would be out soon. personally i don't see it really even working well on a tablet besides pvp.

Gwaer
11-29-2014, 06:37 AM
They are actively working on a tablet version, yes. It's not ready yet. I've been playing on my tablet by remoting into my pc. Works pretty well with an app called splashtop.

ossuary
11-29-2014, 07:10 AM
The tablet versions were promised for availability at release, not at beta. We will get to start playing around with them as soon as they are ready, but there are higher priorities on the list right now that are getting more development time. They are actively being worked on, they just aren't ready for public consumption yet.

Kami
11-29-2014, 07:35 AM
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Svenn
11-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Also important was that this was a stretch goal. It wasn't even a partof the initial plan. And it was clearly stated this was a long term goal for full release, not beta.

Thrawn
11-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I would be surprised if we have access to a solid tablet version before 2016. They are struggling to even do even basic stuff like release Set 2 or get PvE in that I'm confident are much higher priority than a tablet version.

As others have pointed out, it was supposed to come after release and right now we're in "I Can't Believe It's Not Beta".

ossuary
11-29-2014, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't have backed Hex if it weren't obvious that they were going to meet the goal to add Android support. I had no interest in playing the game if I couldn't eventually hang out on my couch playing it on my tablet. I'm glad I did back it, obviously, and I've gotten much more invested since I started, but I wouldn't have pulled the trigger initially if it had been PC only or iOS only.

That being said, I still understand that development takes time and I'm content to wait for whenever the features are ready - I know they are nearly as eager to complete them as I am to consume them. :)

Shivdaddy
11-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Tablet support by 2016 at the EARLIEST.

Saeijou
11-30-2014, 12:22 AM
Is someone even working on it yet?

Gwaer
11-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Yes.

PhoenixMD
11-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Also it has been said that by moving to the updated version of the engine that the game is designed upon, which caused delays for King Gabriel major patch, it is much easier to code the game for tablets and more features can be added to the tablet version :)

Mejis
11-30-2014, 05:15 AM
I believe Cory said one time he has played a version on his iPad that works pretty well, but there's still progress to be made.

Yoss
11-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Many people are already using tablets to play, but as others have already said, the full "get it in the App Store" version was always advertised as "after release" and we're nowhere near "release" yet. We're due to have 40 dungeons before the tablet version if they follow the KS timeline ("40 dungeons at release"). We currently have zero dungeons.

MajinRaiko
11-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

I don't normally use forums, but I'm getting really frustrated and wanted somewhere to be heard.

I backed Hex at a high level, on the promise it would be available to play on the Tablet in the future. I understand they need to sort out bugs and whatnot, so have been patient. However, news of sets two (and rumoured if work on the third already), is ridiculous.

I want to play this game on my tablet, like it was promised. I don't want more sets that I can't use. Has there been ANY development on this whatsoever?

Thanks.

Like I've said before, their development is so damn slow we probably won't see tablet support in like two or three years considering the pace they go at. It's really, really abysmal and insulting to the backers.

bootlace
12-01-2014, 12:09 AM
I believe Cory said one time he has played a version on his iPad that works pretty well, but there's still progress to be made.

I've heard Microsoft Surface Pro, not iPad.

DivineY
12-01-2014, 12:19 AM
yeah can play on a windows 8 tablet but must use keyboard to type lol..since the virtual keyboard doesnt work for me.

If android or ios do come. we need to restart the whole game or will it be cross platform......

bootlace
12-01-2014, 12:26 AM
yeah can play on a windows 8 tablet but must use keyboard to type lol..since the virtual keyboard doesnt work for me.

If android or ios do come. we need to restart the whole game or will it be cross platform......

The 1.5m KS stretch goal was to release a iOS/Android tablet version so it's in the works. Since they're using the Unity engine the transition to tablet is not so hard, it's making the UI elements work on a tablet that seems to be the real challenge.

ossuary
12-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Like I've said before, their development is so damn slow we probably won't see tablet support in like two or three years considering the pace they go at. It's really, really abysmal and insulting to the backers.

No, it's video game development, by a small team. If you think they're insulting you, then you need to reevaluate your life priorities, or possibly get an ego reduction surgery, or something.

darkwonders
12-01-2014, 01:27 PM
No, it's video game development, by a small team. If you think they're insulting you, then you need to reevaluate your life priorities, or possibly get an ego reduction surgery, or something.

I'd upvote this so hard if this was a reddit post :)