PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Devs! Amazing job!

Saeijou
12-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Since everyone is always complaining... I want to point out, how amazing that patch works!

Although there are a lot of changes and a lot of stuff got packed in, everything works smooth!
No tournament downtimes, no big bugs so far seen!

So... thank you guys! Well done! I'm impressed and love that game even more!

Xexist
12-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Dear devs. Im IGN is Asimov. I have had really really really bad luck with primals. Please HEX_Santa, or Starchild, or Reverter, Datadragon, Fantasia, and all the other employees etc. Please let me log in to about 3 or 4 primals to catch me back to even in the odds department.

Thanks.

Also if its not too trouble please end my work day about 2 hours early so I can go buy plat and play.

<3 you all

Resand
12-09-2014, 04:00 PM
/signed

Server is more responsive than it's ever been for me. Set 2 is a blast to draft, go go humans :)
Really happy with this release, it was even ahead of estimated time for once.

TimeZero
12-09-2014, 04:23 PM
I didn't logged in yet, but the patch look amazing. I'm really excited to see Sir Giles Rowan and Daughter of Stars as new champion and Lady Shimmer and Alwyn as new troops, but i'm a bit disappointed to see the set is missing William from the Accidental Knight novel (if you didn't read it, you're missing something). Where is he? I hope we'll have the chance to see some characters from there like Windsinger, Periwinckle, Kranok and of course, William himself in the 3rd set!

Gen91
12-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I noticed one really big problem with the new troop stacking:
An opponent had two 1/1 dwarfs and he play Dwarven Ballistik Training on one, but it wasn't clear on which one he played it, so my response had to be a 50/50 guess...
When someone tragets one troop in a stack, the stack needs to be seperated temporarely.

BlackRoger
12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
+10, cannot agree with this enough.

Server stable, no lag, no bugs (at least for me), and a really fun set so far.
Amazing work, you've gone above and beyond my expectations.

Whye
12-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I concur with all above. Server was up early, tournaments shortly thereafter with few discrepancies.

Was able to 3-0 a competitve draft too! A great day indeed.

Mejis
12-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Yep, congratulations on what seems to be a very smooth rollout for the patch :D

I only got 10 mins to play over breakfast, but very happy pulling The Killipede from my second pack, and the quick match I played was amazing.
The UI changes are fantastic. The screen feels really crisp and uncluttered. I simply cannot wait for the weekend and time to play and draft and a chance for those AA prizes ;)

Vorsa
12-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Yup; up & stable & looking more polished than ever!
Job well done, devs. :cool:

NoahBuddy
12-09-2014, 05:30 PM
super job guys. the game is very responsive. also second pack i cracked had zakiir! Hex is awesome.

Xexist
12-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Im home! Im home! Patching now!

Xexist
12-09-2014, 06:05 PM
IM IN! 2 Primals! This is acceptable!

*edit*

BOUGHT 5 PACKS, won PRIMAL!

THIS IS VERY ACCEPTABLE!

dogmod
12-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Got my 2 primals off of the packs generated... very happy. Best patch you guys have put out yet. Practice making perfect.

Deathlock
12-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Well done guys! You made much more then I expected for this patch.
Keep up the good work. ;)

Kaiba_Graysoul
12-09-2014, 07:04 PM
hex just got super charged!!!

Mejis
12-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Well done guys! You made much more then I expected for this patch.
Keep up the good work. ;)

Yup, I wasn't expecting such huge patch notes.

Also, don't know if this occurs every patch, but at the start of the patching today all these files were downloading called "Arena_[cardname.png]" or something like that. Arena hype ...!

AdamAoE2
12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Fantastic job.

TimeZero
12-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Also, don't know if this occurs every patch, but at the start of the patching today all these files were downloading called "Arena_[cardname.png]" or something like that. Arena hype ...!

Christmas surprise??? Please!!!

silverlocke
12-09-2014, 08:34 PM

I caught that, specifically Arena_Birthday_Cory or something like that.

Mejis
12-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Christmas surprise??? Please!!!

One can dream. It might just be them already having the cards and artwork implemented and so they can be included in the build, whereas the rest of the coding for Arena isn't quite there yet.
But... one can hope!
Either way, the devs have done a superb job with this update as it is.

chromus
12-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Amazing job indeed. The Set 2 launch has so far vastly exceeded not only industry standards but my own expectations as well. Kudos to the whole team. :D

Deathlock
12-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Official twitter account:

"We will likely have a big post on the state of arena sometime in the next 30 days. Need to see where the current patch is first"

HERE (https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/542404777217241088)

Seems like no Arena till 2015 unfortunately.

WWKnight
12-09-2014, 10:37 PM
I wanna chip in here too. I may be complaining that my jank bot that I dreamed of since it was revealed is useless in draft, but thats a small price to pay for the awesomeness of Shattered Destiny as a whole, and the seemingly seamless patch day.

Well done guys.

Cernz
12-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Looks great so far :)

The only thing i can complain atm is the overlapping atk def stats when attacking with multiple troops.

Xexist
12-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Honestly just wow. I am really impressed by this patch. I am really wowed. Devs you guys have come a LONG way and if you keep getting better, wow if I thought I was excited for PVE before...

Baigan
12-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Expected the server to be down all day; instead, got some great games in.

Very glad to see everything going smoothly for the most part.

Motjida
12-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Yes, huge kudos to HEX for a very successful patch!

S117
12-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah dude...tournament servers staying up all day on a HUGE patch day? Good job indeed!

Now get cracking on that Arena! :D

knightofeffect
12-10-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm still somewhere right around 1% or slightly under on primal generation with a pretty large sample size. However, my legendary rate seems pretty high. Decided to bust 6 packs and got 3 legendaries, so not all is lost =P.

hex_colin
12-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I'm still somewhere right around 1% or slightly under on primal generation with a pretty large sample size. However, my legendary rate seems pretty high. Decided to bust 6 packs and got 3 legendaries, so not all is lost =P.

I'm at 2.05% rate on a very large sample size. Seems to be spot on.

Cernz
12-10-2014, 12:32 AM
im at 0% on a very small sample size, anyway im sad :D

Barkam
12-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Good job, Hex!

TheKraken
12-10-2014, 01:03 AM
A job well done, Team Hex. Cheers to a super smooth big patch and am looking forward to a sleep deprived celebratory weekend!

nickon
12-10-2014, 01:11 AM

I share your pain :(

I have not been able to play with the new patch (tonight!), but judging from the forums, seems like the smoothest transition ever since HEX became available to us! It's nice to see the 'big HEX train', as Cory likes to call it, starting to steamroll ;)

AstaSyneri
12-10-2014, 01:55 AM

With you on that - 60 KS boosters + 50 bought from the shop should have given me two Primals, but it took another 20 boosters from the shop to give me my one and only so far.

Otherwise a very smooth patch so far. Some things in the inventory are not displayed properly (images lacking, expiring draft tickets are purple instead of red), but otherwise it really looks good. Didn't have time for a tournament, but the Feather Drifting [Downriver] AI took me apart with a Phoenix Guard Enforcer and then a Zeedu. Nice to see those cards in the AI decks.

Now it would just be nice to hear about the state of PvE. "30 days" is an awefully long time just to get out news on something that was hinted at to come out in December (yes, I know that was never a realistic time frame ;-)).

Obviously a bit of bug squashing is the order of the day, but what is next on the roadmap?

Kurasa
12-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes, very well done. Thanks and kudos to the team!

Selanius
12-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Great patch. Biggest yet and very smooth all things considered.

fitzle
12-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Good job guys! You guys knocked this one out of the park!

Alucard
12-10-2014, 07:29 AM
I definitely want to give big props to HEX Entertainment for really putting together a solid patch! This progress in launch stability will certainly pave the way for many more awesome things ahead. Shattered Destiny is a blast! Fantastic work guys!

Svenn
12-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Great job guys! I was expecting to not be able to play at all last night, let alone get in a draft! This is the smoothest patch yet I think. It's great to see that you guys are getting better at pushing out patches. Still quite a few bugs in there, but this is huge progress.

Can't wait for this weekend!

Dinotropia
12-10-2014, 08:58 AM
I want to chime in and add to the congratulations. This patch has been impressively smooth, especially given all the content that was being added. A+

Punk
12-10-2014, 09:55 AM
I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of content came with the launch of Set 2. For the most part, everything is working smoothly. Great job everyone involved.

fido_one
12-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Just to throw my hat in the ring, fantastic work; well done!

Kolokee
12-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Great job guys, I thought I'd just be opening packs yesterday, but I actually got a few drafts in. Couldn't be happier. Awesome work!

Werlix
12-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Just thought I'd drop in to say I love F10 (have my current turn F10d right now :))

EDIT: especially love that you can press F10 even if you don't have priority

Zomnivore
12-10-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm happy with the new cards visually, and they seem to do interesting things, and in general...new cards after soo long feels soo good B)

+1

Malakili
12-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Very solid patch. Best one since the AH. Definitely shows progress in the implementation part of this game. Design has always been top notch. If this is the new normal for patching, this game is in great shape.

mightygerm
12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Got to give them credit for a smooth launch. Heaps better than another certain online card game recently :p

nickon
12-10-2014, 02:23 PM
I just played my first Set 2 draft and I must say hot diggity damn what a power set!
(at least that sounded cool in my mind :p)

I pulled a Sight of Sun which won me a practically lost game after I got flooded with resources and actions but initially no troops to play them on. Other games I won using good ol' totem I pulled in pack 3 but mostly by Royal Cutblood. Damn is she mighty fine in a 3 color deck! Well technically a 4 color deck (first ever, thanks geode and cutblood!) because of Sight of Sun who didn't want to miss out on the fun.

I must say I was and am super excited about this new set, up to a point where I was actually nervous and baffled by all the new cards coming at me in draft (even after I did my research before going heads first into one). It seemed like I just had less time picking cards and finishing my deck than usual. This hasn't been altered compared to previous version now did it? ;)

Anyhow, enough excitement rant! Big big shoutout to the entire team of Cryptozoic, you've done an incredible job on all fronts! I hope you like money because I will be throwing it in the HEX store like a Cuckadoo! (they do that right :confused:)

The_Lannisters
12-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Nice thread, the CZE team really deserves loads of credit for a job well done. Great patching! Great set & loads of justified hype!

nicosharp
12-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Beyond a doubt the best patch yet. This is becoming quite the game! Can't wait for PvE, as that will be the state of the game where I can pull untold number of people into it that will be impressed and keep playing.

Well done everyone!

Resand
12-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Apparently I spoke too soon. The game is back to running like ass for me again :(

Mejis
12-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Apparently I spoke too soon. The game is back to running like ass for me again :(

What do you mean? Sluggish client, server issues?

Oroniss
12-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Yep, awesome patch, and I really like the UI/visual side of things. Looks very nice. Moving the chain to the middle of the screen was a big plus too.

My biggest complaint is that I seem to have terrible luck with the legendaries I get; seriously what's with all the Citadel's of Adamanth and Gronts, when I can't find a dragon for the life of me.

Roy_G
12-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Set 2 is brilliant and so much fun.The UI changes are great.

Resand
12-10-2014, 05:09 PM
What do you mean? Sluggish client, server issues?
pretty much yes. Every Time priority passes between me and my opponent I loses about 10 - 15 seconds. and the client itself feels really sluggish. It's always been like that for me, but after the set 2 patch I stopped losing time and the client just felt a lot more responsive. Now it's back to its rubbish self again:(

Rendakor
12-10-2014, 06:02 PM
I think I speak for the entire Troll Triumvirate when I say that this patch is great, and exactly what we wanted from Hex and Set 2.

Bravo good sirs, and keep up the good work.

PS: When's Set 3? ;)

Gwaer
12-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I think I speak for the entire Troll Triumvirate when I say that this patch is great, and exactly what we wanted from Hex and Set 2.

Bravo good sirs, and keep up the good work.

PS: When's Set 3? ;)

Does this mean that i am morally obligated to be against this patch? I'm so confused.

Yoss
12-10-2014, 06:13 PM
I agree the patch has worked great for me so far. I love the UI updates, and my priority passing seems mostly fixed. Great so far!

Mejis
12-10-2014, 07:07 PM
pretty much yes. Every Time priority passes between me and my opponent I loses about 10 - 15 seconds. and the client itself feels really sluggish. It's always been like that for me, but after the set 2 patch I stopped losing time and the client just felt a lot more responsive. Now it's back to its rubbish self again:(

Hmm, sounds like something at your end unfortunately.

Aside from the card manager becoming sluggish, the client is super slick for me.

Soken
12-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Hmm, sounds like something at your end unfortunately.

Aside from the card manager becoming sluggish, the client is super slick for me.

Card manager is super sluggish now, but man the board animation are soooo smooth for me now. Starting to see polish in the game, and it made me pretty happy.

Mejis
12-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Card manager is super sluggish now, but man the board animation are soooo smooth for me now. Starting to see polish in the game, and it made me pretty happy.

Glad I'm not the only one re: the card manager, but yeah in-match animations, flow and efficiency of turns (I love F10!) is just superb, I love it!

Skirovik
12-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Amazing! Although I still have lag/timer issues (losing time when I don't have the button), the implementation of f10 has meant I can now complete my games within time without NEARLY as much stress.

Thanks devs! Thanks to f10 I went 4-0 and 3-1 in 2x scheduled sealeds today! Love you guys!

P.S. Please fix button/timer issue. Sorry for ending on a downer. ><

P.P.S. I still love you! Woo ending on a high!

Spiredore
12-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Thanks guys. I was having the the black loader issue and very concerned about if and when things were going to get sorted out, but things were handled swiftly and professionally and the game as a whole is running much better in the newer version.

Although I think maybe I need a new monitor, to get a bit more screen real-estate ...

Werlix
12-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys. I was having the the black loader issue and very concerned about if and when things were going to get sorted out, but things were handled swiftly and professionally and the game as a whole is running much better in the newer version.

Although I think maybe I need a new monitor, to get a bit more screen real-estate ...

What's the "black loader" issue?

Yes, a big monitor really helps for this game :)