PDA

View Full Version : Checking Rules

DivineY
12-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Is it against the rules to sell account?

Gwaer
12-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Yes

NOBLEReverter
12-09-2014, 03:58 PM
From the EULA:
[...] 4. No Exploitation for Commercial Purposes. You agree that you will not exploit any part of the HEX Game for commercial purposes, including (a) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the HEX Game, or (b) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the HEX Game. [...]

It is against the rules to sell an account.

DivineY
12-09-2014, 04:35 PM
But then i see websites selling cards for cash.

Even make sticky on this thread.

Xexist
12-09-2014, 04:36 PM
But then i see websites selling cards for cash.

Even make sticky on this thread.

grey area. They wont 'approve' of it but the cant really stop it. If you get scammed they probably wont be much help either.

I dont understand about you making sticky on this thread. wash your hands maybe?

nicosharp
12-09-2014, 04:46 PM
He is referring to the unofficial stores listed here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=36293

Doesn't matter though, 1 thing is binding, the other is not.
Basically, you can sell in-game items for cash, but you shouldn't sell an account or plat for cash.

Saeijou
12-09-2014, 04:54 PM
sorry... i don't see a difference their... selling an account or selling cards outside of hex should both be forbidden... and is, if i read " in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the HEX Game" right

TimeZero
12-09-2014, 05:02 PM
sorry... i don't see a difference their... selling an account or selling cards outside of hex should both be forbidden... and is, if i read " in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the HEX Game" right

I agree here. You either support a secondary market or you don't. Not both....
Selling an account with cards or selling cards alone aren't different. The selling account thing might have been a problem while it was Alpha/Closed Beta, but since anyone can download the game now without restrictions, I don't see any problem here. If you want the game to live and grow, fully supporting the secondary market is a must.

Xenavire
12-09-2014, 05:07 PM
The issue is that KS perks and out of print sleeves etc should never be able to be resold.

TimeZero
12-09-2014, 05:16 PM
The issue is that KS perks and out of print sleeves etc should never be able to be resold.

I don't see your point here. If i sell my account with my Dungeon Crawler KS perk (I won't, can't wait for PvE) to someone , the number of Dungeon Crawlers on the server doesn't change, only the person who has access to it. I'm not duplicating my perks in any way. Am I missing something here?

parogui
12-09-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't see your point here. If i sell my account with my Dungeon Crawler KS perk (I won't, can't wait for PvE) to someone , the number of Dungeon Crawlers on the server doesn't change, only the person who has access to it. I'm not duplicating my perks in any way. Am I missing something here?

Cory promised during the KS that the perks wouldn't be allowed to be traded, sold or attainable in other ways ever again. So that's the main reason accounts can't be sold. They have also made clear that selling singles for real cash is going to be allowed as they see the secondary market important for the growth of the game. The policy has been already discussed as it is indeed going against those principles, but basically it's that way because it legally protects Crypto from overseeing that secondary market.

Xexist
12-09-2014, 05:25 PM

I dont get it either, but it is what it is. Frankly Im probably lucky they say no, because I would buy every tier I could get my hand on

Xexist
12-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Cory promised during the KS that the perks wouldn't be allowed to be traded, sold or attainable in other ways ever again. So that's the main reason accounts can't be sold. They have also made clear that selling singles for real cash is going to be allowed as they see the secondary market important for the growth of the game. The policy has been already discussed as it is indeed going against those principles, but basically it's that way because it legally protects Crypto from overseeing that secondary market.

Not sure thats really the WHY though. People wanted to be sure their 'investment' held value, because extra tiers wouldnt ever be introduced to the game. as long as HEX isnt selling it (ie, adding more) than the value will be maintained.

Freebird_Falcon
12-09-2014, 05:33 PM
I imagine it's a complex legal problem involving the lack of real ownership on the consumer side(all games with digital goods), finance laws and liability on the business side.

parogui
12-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Not sure thats really the WHY though. People wanted to be sure their 'investment' held value, because extra tiers wouldnt ever be introduced to the game. as long as HEX isnt selling it (ie, adding more) than the value will be maintained.

The perks are intended only for the buyer, not as a possible asset to be sold later for profit if the game gets huge. Some players were intending to hoard KS tiers in order to sell them later so an official response was needed on the subject.

TimeZero
12-09-2014, 05:39 PM

And so far that promise still hold, but I really don't see the point in the case of selling an account. If I sell my account, I basically sell control of my perks to someone else in which case, I wouldn't have access to anymore.

In the case I'd want to start playing again, I can create a new account and start at the bottom or buy someone else's account and try to get as close as possible to what I had before, but since I sold mine, I know it won't ever be the same.

Bottom line is: I'm losing access to my perks and collection forever if I sell my account unless i'm lucky enough to rebuy the same account in the future.

Rendakor
12-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Account selling is a customer service nightmare; it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between a compromised account and one that's legitimately been sold so scamming is really easy. Sell account, put in a ticket, get account back, keep dollars.

HexEnt can't really punish you for selling your account though; if they were IP tracking they might ban the account but you've already got your money. However, it's against the TOS so they don't have to deal with the customer service complaints.

Kami
12-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Account selling is a customer service nightmare; it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between a compromised account and one that's legitimately been sold so scamming is really easy. Sell account, put in a ticket, get account back, keep dollars.

HexEnt can't really punish you for selling your account though; if they were IP tracking they might ban the account but you've already got your money. However, it's against the TOS so they don't have to deal with the customer service complaints.

Pretty much this.

TimeZero
12-09-2014, 08:36 PM

This is much better point that could be defended a lot more than those previous ones. With that explanation, I now see how it could be a nightmare for a lot of people.

/thread