PDA

View Full Version : so any news

Rajinsu
12-15-2014, 07:03 PM
So its been a wile from the last pve post iv made.and wanted to know if any updated news has been given out about arena date.been away from hex from that time because there still nothing for me to do ingame .................

few things would be nice to know is how much or little is down with arena as of right now?
are we still looking at a dec date or jan /feb waiting as much as i can but its starting to get old fast with no new info.?
I still want to play this game sooooo much but aaaaaaaaaaaa the waiting is killing me lol.

something form someone that works for hex and can give a 100% answer and not just random people tossing out guesses.
Would be nice to have facts and not vague answers would be nice.

WolfCrypt
12-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Till someone tells us my best guess is Jan or Late December

Mejis
12-15-2014, 07:45 PM
One of the devs stated the other day that once they were happy the Set 2 release was going smoothly (and imo it did indeed go smoothly, based on the weekend) there would be an update regarding Arena.
If someone else can confirm that then that'd be great.

Also note that there were a fair few PvE cards that seemed to be in the Set 2 patch.
Several of the existing WoF reward PvE cards now have card images and descriptions in the Card Manager in-game.

So, yeah, fingers crossed we'll have some news, possibly this week? However, I'd say some form of PvE is almost certainly not going to hit this year though, unless there's a surprise Arena patch in the next week?!

On a related note, some info on the AI progress would be great too.

saffamike
12-15-2014, 08:17 PM
No one from Hex Ent is going to reply on this post with a '100% answer'. They'll communicate via the weekly update.

Zurai
12-15-2014, 08:53 PM
I forget where I saw the answer, but the delay in Shattered Destiny's release did cause a corresponding delay in the Arena's release. That's official.

Speculation based on that: It's unlikely to come out this month but if they don't find any major bugs that force them to push the release back further January seems like a safeish bet.

Zomnivore
12-15-2014, 10:42 PM
I am also expecting some information, I think its fairly close to being out, and when things are fairly close to being out, I think its reasonable to have more information, and in general feeding the staving fan.

Phenteo
12-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately I cannot give an update at this time. Yes, the date has slipped out of December. I hope to have more information to share in the near future.

Rajinsu
12-16-2014, 05:11 AM
TY at least i know now not to come back till some time in jan to look/ask agin hope to see arena soon.......

AstaSyneri
12-16-2014, 05:38 AM
Unfortunately I cannot give an update at this time. Yes, the date has slipped out of December. I hope to have more information to share in the near future.

Give us a bone to gnaw one - just one thing that already works (like somebody has played it on a development version) or one thing that just doesn't work yet.

"We give you more information when we can" is just... so.. un-christmassy! ;-)

Cernz
12-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Give us a bone to gnaw one - just one thing that already works (like somebody has played it on a development version) or one thing that just doesn't work yet.

a short "pve alpha footage" video would be nice ;)

KillaBee
12-16-2014, 06:25 AM

Oh noo.. :( My 2 week Holiday starts this Friday, I was so excited to be able to play the PVE-Part of Hex day and night :/

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 09:11 AM

I've played it from start to finish in the dev client (at HEX). :)

And, one of the bosses literally CHEATS! I sat there saying "WTF just happened?". So funny... Priceless... ;)

ryuukan
12-16-2014, 09:12 AM

so salty right now

Xenavire
12-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Ack, Colin, mean. So jealous.

Deckofmanythings
12-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Personally I am taking solace in knowing that Arena PVE is the next major feature we are getting in the game.

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Ack, Colin, mean. So jealous.

AstaSyneri wanted hope! I gave him some. :) It exists. It works. It's coming. :)

Personally I am taking solace in knowing that Arena PVE is the next major feature we are getting in the game.

That was the point. :)

Xenavire
12-16-2014, 09:18 AM
AstaSyneri wanted hope! I gave him some. :) It exists. It works. It's coming. :)

That was the point. :)

Hey, I never said I wasn't happy. Just very, very jealous. :p

Assassine
12-16-2014, 09:31 AM

And, one of the bosses literally CHEATS! I sat there saying "WTF just happened?". So funny... Priceless... ;)

Which enemy did you like the most? :p

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Which enemy did you like the most? :p

I probably shouldn't identify them. I will say this... I like the 2 hardest fights in the Arena best (so far). One is just pure "this is HEX in all it's glory", the other is "OMG how do I ever beat that?". As always, things could change - I've seen a few dev versions along the way - but I'd be surprised if I like any of the other encounters better than these 2.

Assassine
12-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Sounds cool, im all for tricky fights, beeing able to just run it over would be boring.

Reminds me, id love to see some some kind of "Hex Puzzles" where youre presented with a sticky situation and need to find out how to still win this or the next turn with the options given.

ryuukan
12-16-2014, 09:47 AM
I probably shouldn't identify them. I will say this... I like the 2 hardest fights in the Arena best (so far). One is just pure "this is HEX in all it's glory", the other is "OMG how do I ever beat that?". As always, things could change - I've seen a few dev versions along the way - but I'd be surprised if I like any of the other encounters better than these 2.

do you have a camrip you can upload

ossuary
12-16-2014, 09:47 AM
So a couple vague questions here, as I know you can't give too much away. But how useful will our PVP collection be going into the arena? Will players who just have the starter deck really be able to expect to earn enough PVE cards from just that to make good progress and not get discouraged? How far can someone jump ahead if they have a bunch of PVP cards already and open a bunch of their chests to snag extra PVE cards from there?

Obviously the content won't be trivialized that quickly even if you have good cards to begin with, but how far can we expect to "jump ahead" through the Arena ladder with our existing collections under our belts?

ossuary
12-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Reminds me, id love to see some some kind of "Hex Puzzles" where youre presented with a sticky situation and need to find out how to still win this or the next turn with the options given.

They've been discontinued or at least put on hiatus for now, but you can find some puzzles here:
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/category/blog/puzzle-blog/

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 09:56 AM
So a couple vague questions here, as I know you can't give too much away. But how useful will our PVP collection be going into the arena? Will players who just have the starter deck really be able to expect to earn enough PVE cards from just that to make good progress and not get discouraged? How far can someone jump ahead if they have a bunch of PVP cards already and open a bunch of their chests to snag extra PVE cards from there?

Obviously the content won't be trivialized that quickly even if you have good cards to begin with, but how far can we expect to "jump ahead" through the Arena ladder with our existing collections under our belts?

I've actually only played it with Starter Decks thus far (intentionally). Won encounters sometimes, lost encounters sometimes. It'll certainly be easier with a full card collection and all the equipment though. ;) I expect that the harder bosses (maybe even all of them) will never be a 100% gimme no matter how much stuff you have. As I've said before, and in line with expectations, the real challenge is finding decks that will be consistently good against a large variety of archetypes, can beat the best deck in the Arena, and can go 20-0, 20-1, or 20-2 overall.

MatWith1T
12-16-2014, 10:08 AM
I've actually only played it with Starter Decks thus far (intentionally). Won encounters sometimes, lost encounters sometimes. It'll certainly be easier with a full card collection and all the equipment though. ;) I expect that the harder bosses (maybe even all of them) will never be a 100% gimme no matter how much stuff you have. As I've said before, and in line with expectations, the real challenge is finding decks that will be consistently good against a large variety of archetypes, can beat the best deck in the Arena, and can go 20-0, 20-1, or 20-2 overall.

Does the working prototype feel complete and functional that you feel confident about a near-on-time release?

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Does the working prototype feel complete and functional that you feel confident about a near-on-time release?

I think it looks awesome and really polished already - I know the art team was still tweaking stuff though. :) It worked well enough to play most games without issues and progress through the Arena. I personally feel like Cory wasn't being particularly unrealistic when he suggested that we might see it in December. I also understand why the Set 2 delays would have pushed it back a bit. Can't and won't comment on timing other than that. ;)

Saeijou
12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
We need Test-Servers :)

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 10:30 AM
We need Test-Servers :)

I think the current plan was to try to do that on an invite-only(?) basis with Set 3 onward. Can't find the reference now.

nicosharp
12-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm looking forward to a boss that flips the table, rather than losing. When you have fatal on board, all the cards just fly around the table and his portrait disappears.

striderz
12-16-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm guessing a Ninja Announcement / Patch Tuesday before X-mas with the PVE content as a early X-Mas gift and that they'll be on vacation till the new year. They'll fix any issues after they get back.

plaguedealer
12-16-2014, 11:14 AM
I think the servers would break if they just went home and released pve.

desk
12-16-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm looking forward to a boss that flips the table, rather than losing. When you have fatal on board, all the cards just fly around the table and his portrait disappears.

That would be awesome. I would love that option to do that instead of concede in pvp.

EntropyBall
12-16-2014, 12:47 PM

Champion Power
10 Charges: Ragequit.

ossuary
12-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Should it be "1 Charge: Ragequit. This champion can activate his charge power as a quick action."? :)

Amemnon
12-16-2014, 12:54 PM

Why must you hurt me with your words!? WHY!?!?

arastor
12-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Should it be "1 Charge: Ragequit. This champion can activate his charge power as a quick action."? :)

You heard it here first people! Start stocking up on goblin cooking pots!

Saeijou
12-16-2014, 04:00 PM

HAHA, I really like that idea ;D