PDA

View Full Version : So Who is Working on the Next Hex Novel?

Mokog
03-27-2015, 12:00 PM
We have one installment with the Accidental Knight. Are there any additional novels queued up for the Lore buffs to enjoy?

Kami
03-27-2015, 12:19 PM
I was under the impression that Christie Golden wanted to continue but I have no idea what the plan is.

RCDv57
03-27-2015, 01:13 PM
I was under the impression that Christie Golden wanted to continue but I have no idea what the plan is.

Deep down a small part of me will read it and like it, while the rest of me yells and complains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKkMKbocjOA

Mokog
03-27-2015, 01:52 PM

Her Schedule is so full with other IP we will be lucky to see a new book in 3 years related to Hex.

I would like to see a little villain action. Maybe a book related to the Shin'hare or Necrotic. It would be fun to have a "Rule Book" written by the dwarfs on how to play hex.

Mokog
03-30-2015, 08:07 AM
What is the receptiveness of the community and Hex Ent of a community sourced novel?

Kami
03-30-2015, 08:16 AM
What is the receptiveness of the community and Hex Ent of a community sourced novel?

I'd say that's a bad idea. There'd be way too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak. Everyone has their preference for author and on top of that, there's also the issue of CZE being willing to allow their IP to be licensed.

Then you also have to deal with funding and author availability.

I just see a ton of potential conflict and conflicts of interest in this scenario.

Mokog
03-30-2015, 09:23 AM
I'd say that's a bad idea. There'd be way too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak. Everyone has their preference for author and on top of that, there's also the issue of CZE being willing to allow their IP to be licensed.

Then you also have to deal with funding and author availability.

I just see a ton of potential conflict and conflicts of interest in this scenario.

Those concerns would stop any external author from publishing material but we know they can be worked through. Christine Golden was given access to internal documents and was requested, but she was still an external author. That book happened and was fun!

Hex should be careful with it's IP. We wouldn't want the necrotic doing non-necrotic things, or Orcs suddenly acting all peace loving and hating the gladiatorial arena. Hex should retain the needed oversight just as they did with Golden.

The work will have to be delegated somehow and in some way.

To expand on the earlier post, maybe we have some accomplished authors who play Hex like we have coders who play and artists who play. Maybe they could get in touch with Hex, submit material for review or something. Hex loves it when art is submitted. Not all of it will ever see a set but it helps push and expand the IP.

Contracts, ownership, rights and details are for individuals and lawyers to work out. But maybe there is some talent out here in the community that might need to start speaking up. Where are you guys? We want some novels about Entrath. Who wants to step up?

RCDv57
03-30-2015, 09:54 AM
I can craft good stories, but I'm no good at word crafting.
Who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at some sort of short story in my free time.

Flairina
06-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Question- is there a way to read the FIRST Hex novel that does not involve a kindle or tablet? Is it readable on PC at all? Because I've been wanting too for ages; I can access it, I just don't have any of those devices.

Yoss
06-18-2015, 11:51 PM
I think it's just a PDF file. I don't remember for sure, though. I read it on Kindle.

Loregoyle
06-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Question- is there a way to read the FIRST Hex novel that does not involve a kindle or tablet? Is it readable on PC at all?

Sure, you can download the Kindle app on your PC for free. Amazon also has a cloud reader where you can view the book using only a browser.