PDA

View Full Version : Set3 Coyotle: Theses are the Signs

Erukk
06-06-2015, 12:12 AM
The ever growing collection of Coyotle flavor text from Armies of Myth. I'll try and keep track of the spoilers and keep this up to date.

~
"This is the First Sign: We know of the coming of the diamond-eyed, who took the land beneath the land and walk with barrowed flesh."

"This is the Second Sign: Out lands will see the coming of the rock men and their metal beasts with blood of black. They shall seek the end of all things."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns and eyes like glowing coals will overrun the land in large numbers."

"This is the Fourth Sign: Thin, hairless creatures of pure chaos will shatter an ancient soul that was long ago transformed."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The daughter of Blood Magic will emerge from the mouth of the mountain and speak to those who will not listen."

"This is the Sixth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: The grasses will absorb the cries of the dying. They will turn brown and scorn the sun."

"This is the Eighth Sign: The folk with the skin of bark who hold their souls in acorns shall abandon their pacifism and seek the counsel of the elves."

"This is the Ninth Sign: The sovereign of the cottontails shall once again demand the enslavement of The People."

"This is the Tenth Sign: A child from the east will emerge in light. The people of the sand will beg him for salvation."

"This is the Eleventh Sign: The wounds of a bruised world shall once again bleed fire."

"This is the Twelfth Sign: A hero shall fall, then raise again as a king who is not a king."

"This is the Thirteenth Sign: The battle between the infernal and the insane shall tear a hole into this world."
~

Some of these it's easy to tell what they're pertaining too, but others a bit more vague but still manageable. We'll have to see where exactly some of these Signs fall into the timeline. I'm a bit interested in the Thirteenth Sign. I'm guessing that the battle between the Void Society and the Chaostouched will be spilling over into Entrath in a big way? To horrible effect for everyone of course. :p

Though, I guess the big question at the end of all of this is, "What exactly are these the "Signs" for?.

Kami
06-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Nice find.

I'd wager the signs are prophecies.

Yoss
06-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Nice. I look forward to reading the completed list.

Kami
06-06-2015, 02:27 PM
It's bittersweet though.

On one hand, it's nice to see the depth of the lore. On the other, I really hope it's not always going to be a constant war between the races. A friend today may not be a friend tomorrow but an enemy today may not be an enemy tomorrow either.

I realize HEX is based off the conflict created from the Shards but I hope to see the world other than the conflicts. Unfortunately, this is a TCG in reality which means we may never see 'peace', as that would mean an 'end', heh.

WolfCrypt
06-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Lets not forget my favorite coyotle gave us these Signs. I believe that a few of these while having technically happened (Nercotics, Briar Patches) I'm willing to say most of its pertaining to a Revelations sort of apocalypse.

Erukk
06-07-2015, 03:17 AM
It's bittersweet though.

On one hand, it's nice to see the depth of the lore. On the other, I really hope it's not always going to be a constant war between the races. A friend today may not be a friend tomorrow but an enemy today may not be an enemy tomorrow either.

I realize HEX is based off the conflict created from the Shards but I hope to see the world other than the conflicts. Unfortunately, this is a TCG in reality which means we may never see 'peace', as that would mean an 'end', heh.

I'd have to agree. Though, the only true race I think we've seen so far that is truly totally antagonistic would be the dwarves, since they seem to have an ingrained thirst for destruction. The Necrotic would have largely stayed neutral if it wasn't for the assault by the Humans, and while being sometimes just as destructive if not plain downright evil at times, the Vennen and Shin'hare's problems stem from the society that they're raised in. Which is something that could actually be changed if given enough time.

The Shin'hare always follow the will of their Emperor. If a "nice" Emperor that has at least a neutral disposition of outsiders remained on the throne long enough, and killed off any family and concubunnies that were a little too politically minded, he could possibly change their society enough where they could be on good/neutral relations with the Argent races.

The Vennen on the other hand is a lot more tricky, and they would be a lot harder to change. Their race is probably always going to be predatory and largely sadistic since they're half spider and creatures of Blood magic, but most of their cruel outlook on outsiders seems to come from the religion they built around their mother Xentoth. Their religion is the entire centerpiece of their society and its views, but the problem is that their society can't really change as long as Xentoth is around AND if Xentoth is the only one that can lay more Vennen. There is a hint that their might be an opposing side in their religion with Xythnin being in their religious texts, but unless female Vennen become a confirmed thing, I don't see this race changing much soon.

I could definitely see all the races possible unifying at a later date, though. It's one of the reasons why I was so fascinated with the Thirteenth Sign. Because if a bunch of friendly demon-y looking beings going to war with eldritch abominations, and that conflict threatened to tear a hole into the very world, couldn't unify the races, I don't know what will. ;)

RCDv57
06-07-2015, 07:09 AM
A Vennen would never side with a filthy Orc, even at the cost of his own life.
And a Dwarf would cheer on the end of the world.

The necrotic and shin'are maybe, but they would probably make ridiculous demands.
I can not see them convincing their allies to join them.

Diesbudt
06-07-2015, 09:03 AM
I want hex to do a lot more of this flavor text. I really like it.

Erukk
06-10-2015, 05:15 AM
Edited to include the Eighth Sign.

I'm guessing that treefolk/ents confirmed for the future? I wonder if they are going to be in the same league as the Wrathwood Larch or if they're going to be their own new troop type.

Erukk
06-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Edited original OP to include the Second, Third, Fourth, and Tenth Signs.

Hopefully it's completed now.

Estar1
06-19-2015, 04:24 AM
So whats the 14th prophecy?

On Nightsky Stargazer :

Ozawa walked the stars. When he returned, he brought with him the Fourteen Prophecies.

WolfCrypt
06-19-2015, 05:56 AM
14? The card just says he gave them the Prophecies.