PDA

View Full Version : Lord Bernard P. Dunthorpe

Flairina
06-18-2015, 01:45 PM
So, this guy is mentioned on the text of the Giant Spiderspawn, the Caribaur Healer, the Hempseed Dryad, the Scraptooth Cackler, Blessing of the Unicorns, and possibly cards from the previous two sets that I don't remember, as the name seems familiar. He's obviously some kind of adventurer, who travels the land and... well, explores it like any good adventurer does, recording his journey as he goes. He seems to have some kind of contingent with him, as he refers to "our memories" in the text of Hempseed Dryad.

But who is he? Where did he come from? Does this journey have a goal? Is he seeking something? I want to know more. Anyone have any theories?

EDIT: This was made obvious right around here (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/500379), and the "our" refers to him and his Shin'hare companion. Ignore the above.

WolfCrypt
06-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Well I'm going out on a limb here and say he's Hex's Morco Polo or maybe Charles Darwin or any number of famous intrepid explorers.

Olfff
06-19-2015, 07:02 AM
In previous sets he gave us insight on the following cards :

- mass poly dingler
- Stonetusk
- Verdant Wyldeboar
- Stink Troll
- Cloud Titan
- Manti Ranger

Flairina
06-19-2015, 10:40 AM
In previous sets he gave us insight on the following cards :

- mass poly dingler
- Stonetusk
- Verdant Wyldeboar
- Stink Troll
- Cloud Titan
- Manti Ranger

Knew I'd seen the name before. Thanks for the list. :)

Kilo24
06-20-2015, 12:07 PM
I believe that this (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/500379) is where he was introduced. There's more details on him there as well.

Flairina
06-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Hah! Well, that makes this board pointless then, doesn't it! No wonder I missed that though, that was a LONG time ago. Thank you! :D

(Now I've got to go comb the updates for the codex entries, assuming those ever made it out. Gah. ^^; )

Loregoyle
06-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Stay tuned for new adventures involving Lord Bernard and Silas.

Olfff
06-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Nice ! :D