PDA

View Full Version : Armies of Myth Lore Update

Loregoyle
06-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Where did the first necrotic come from?

What was human society like before Hex struck the planet?

Why has the shin’hare Exalted Emperor ruled for over 150 years?

The Armies of Myth lore update will answer these questions and more. (https://www.hextcg.com/story/characters-2/places-armies-of-myth/)

hammer
06-26-2015, 12:41 PM
excellent stuff we are becoming so absorbed into entrath I love it the lore is brilliant :D

DocX
06-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Loving the additional lore. Particularly enjoyed the story of poor Erasmus. Wondering if the proto-Necrotic were able to influence him while the comet was in flight to put those thoughts into his head. Makes me wonder if there's a Necrotic version of a Primal (perhaps Volosolov?).

Yoss
06-26-2015, 04:38 PM
I liked the human, necrotic, and shin'hare entries the best. I especially liked the shin'hare one, as it seems to show a ray of hope that the shin'hare might not be evil after all. Maybe they're just under bad management for now. Perhaps the campaign for shin'hare could feature your hero as part of the assassination plot against Emperor Ito.

WolfCrypt
06-26-2015, 05:12 PM
I feel Erasmus was delusional. Nowhere did the description of his dreams say it was telling him to awaken the dead so they might do the work they hoped to do before expiring. I think Necrotic had nothing to do with manipulating him. Hex just gave him dreams and he made up what they were intending him to do.

Yoss
06-26-2015, 05:23 PM
I feel Erasmus was delusional. Nowhere did the description of his dreams say it was telling him to awaken the dead so they might do the work they hoped to do before expiring. I think Necrotic had nothing to do with manipulating him. Hex just gave him dreams and he made up what they were intending him to do.

The text seems to indicate that Hex directly put the dreams in his head, by my reading.

Voormas
06-26-2015, 07:02 PM
It was very specific about putting diamonds in their eyes, I'm thinking either the comet was able to reach into his dreams or there was some other long-term force at play (Chaostouched plan to strike at the Void Society? Maybe the comet had made previous near-misses and there were older fragments calling out to the whole?)

Either way cool stuff!

Erukk
06-26-2015, 08:18 PM
It was very specific about putting diamonds in their eyes, I'm thinking either the comet was able to reach into his dreams or there was some other long-term force at play (Chaostouched plan to strike at the Void Society? Maybe the comet had made previous near-misses and there were older fragments calling out to the whole?)

Either way cool stuff!

Chaostouched is a possibility. I'm thinking it might have either been them or some other intergalactic/cosmic beings that might have been responsible. Hex's collision with Entrath didn't seem to be happenstance. I wouldn't be all that surprised if something is using those Hex meteors and the consciousness that resides within to either prime a planet for invasion or conversion.

I kinda also wondering just how grotesque Emperor Ito is looking now after a century of wild and blood magic rituals being worked on him. Shin'hare don't seem to respond well to those.

Edswor
06-27-2015, 12:54 AM
I will tell you the truth, Hex and the Necrotic will be the good guys that fight back the Chaostocuhed from other dimension. They are like the Avengers, but a little more undead ... I mean "awakened".

Olfff
06-27-2015, 03:36 AM
If the chaostouched happen to become the " Arch-antagonist" of every race i'll die of hype.

I liked the mesa story, a coyotle tribe wandering of the back of a huge ambling bluff sounds great.

The Shin'hare story shows a side of monsuun that i really like, considering that even if exalted empreror Ito and his brother Yakuzan would be expelled from the throne, the Moon'ariu shogun should become the new emperor before the one of house wind'hajin, thus somehow dooming his personnal chances at the supreme rank, he seems cautious but very determined to " stop the bulls*t" that has been going on for ages.

WolfCrypt
06-27-2015, 04:15 AM
I meant that Hex gave him dreams hoping to bring its hosts to life but I think he interpreted it as a sign from whatever god humans in Entrath worship and never considered anything else. By my understanding he was just slightly delusional with dreams of being a servant of god..

Now I wonder if Set 4 will have tipping point of various societies and seismic events such as the demise of Ito?

Erukk
06-27-2015, 04:32 AM
I will tell you the truth, Hex and the Necrotic will be the good guys that fight back the Chaostocuhed from other dimension. They are like the Avengers, but a little more undead ... I mean "awakened".

Fighting the Chaostouched seems to be the task the Void Society set up for itself. Though, from what is possibly hinted at in the Coyotle's Signs, there might be a major conflict between those two parties that threatens to tear Entrath apart. I'm guessing all the races will be forced to participate in that war for survival's sake.

Though, if the Necrotic are anyone, they would be experiments from the Diamond Authority of the Steven Universe's universe! :p

(And I apologize in advance on the last part. I'm a bit obsessed with that show atm, and every time I see the Necrotic or Hexxing gems in general my mind flashes to that show and it's theme song. Damn guilty pleasures!)

Xenavire
06-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Fighting the Chaostouched seems to be the task the Void Society set up for itself. Though, from what is possibly hinted at in the Coyotle's Signs, there might be a major conflict between those two parties that threatens to tear Entrath apart. I'm guessing all the races will be forced to participate in that war for survival's sake.

Though, if the Necrotic are anyone, they would be experiments from the Diamond Authority of the Steven Universe's universe! :p

(And I apologize in advance on the last part. I'm a bit obsessed with that show atm, and every time I see the Necrotic or Hexxing gems in general my mind flashes to that show and it's theme song. Damn guilty pleasures!)

I like Steven Universe. It is very rare to find any character in a TV show that is the main character, useful, not OP, and plays a protector/healer role - not to mention his obsessions for nerdy crap warms my heart. Also, him nearly turning into a complete cat-person? Classic.

I wish I could watch more of it, but its too new where I live and I always forget to check for it online.

Erukk
06-28-2015, 02:43 AM
Sister Anastasia's views and opinion on the Hexing gems stood out to me particularly.

"One must wonder if we have perhaps become too dependent on the Hexing Gems. We still do not fully understand them and I doubt we ever will."

Other than the Necrotic being a HUGE red flag that there is definitely something up with the gems, that passage kinda reminded me of the Reapers and the Mass Relays. What with the whole, "Oh, let's leave out/give them this wondrous technology so their entire society integrates it and bases their own technology on it. It will just make it so much easier to kill them all when that day comes.".

If there is a sinister force of magical higher beings out there in Hex, I sure so hope they aren't shaped like cuttlefish. :p

WolfCrypt
06-29-2015, 05:30 AM
Cuuttlefish aren't what I think when I see reapers

RCDv57
06-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Once I'm done with William, I'm gonna Godzilla dropkick that Mesa into orbit.

Yilian
11-23-2015, 01:50 AM
I especially liked the shin'hare one, as it seems to show a ray of hope that the shin'hare might not be evil after all. Maybe they're just under bad management for now. Perhaps the campaign for shin'hare could feature your hero as part of the assassination plot against Emperor Ito.