PDA

View Full Version : [Confirmed] Some users cannot accept ToS

4acrossisemu
07-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Username : torquere
Bug Description: The page seems to refresh on pressing accept for terms and condtions. I've done a full reinstall and repair. Several times. Still happens.

Jokewa
07-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Bump.
Same issue with same symptoms.

Shaqattaq
07-21-2015, 12:29 PM
As a temporary fix, we believe setting your User Account Control to "Medium" and restarting your computer should allow you to progress past the Terms of Service screen. Some people also need to hit Repair after that as well.

Smallfri
07-21-2015, 12:32 PM
where would I find user account control to put them on "medium"

Shaqattaq
07-21-2015, 12:33 PM
where would I find user account control to put them on "medium"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/user-account-control

Swordmage
07-21-2015, 01:42 PM
Clicking accept does nothing! It keeps asking like it doesn't believe me...I've done a clean install twice.

Deathmustard
07-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Also having this issue.

mauPa
07-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Same problem. :(

djmoneghan
07-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Yup, looks like there are many of us...

ForgedSol
07-21-2015, 02:12 PM
I also have this issue.

At first I was stuck trying to load files, and so I uninstalled and reinstalled like suggested. The install seemed to work fine but now I'm stuck on the Accept ToS page.

TheRhys
07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Same here, had to uninstall reinstall, SEVERAL times, now I can't accept the TOS.

Bunraku
07-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Username: Bunraku

I also had this problem of being unable to accept the Terms....
I was running with UAC disabled (Windows 7) and enabling it as described did resolve the issue.

A fix for this would be neat, though, since its pretty strange in general for programs to break with UAC disabled.
[And I really hate UAC and very consensually accept the risks of turning it off :) ]

EDIT: Once you accept the Terms, you can change your UAC back to it's previous setting and run Hex without issue

Shaqattaq
07-21-2015, 02:32 PM
The fix for this is in the known issues list for the patch: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41533

mauPa
07-21-2015, 02:32 PM
I've reinstalled the client and now i have another issue. Tried to reinstall/download again, but my patcher says it is already patched -> "Play now"-button doesn't work though. Seems like i didnt have a clean uninstall. Trying to clean my registry manually now.

Shaqattaq
07-21-2015, 02:47 PM
I've reinstalled the client and now i have another issue. Tried to reinstall/download again, but my patcher says it is already patched -> "Play now"-button doesn't work though. Seems like i didnt have a clean uninstall. Trying to clean my registry manually now.

You should also try to repair your install on the launcher.

mauPa
07-21-2015, 02:59 PM
None of the buttons work for me. After deinstalling/installing for about 5 times + checking my registry for some leftover entries, i finally decided to install the client into another directory and whoops: patcher downloads the game files again. I suggest checking the uninstall routine. Hate to mess up my usual install paths :/

Zarien
07-21-2015, 03:44 PM
The fix for this is in the known issues list for the patch: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41533

Why would turning ON my UAC control fix this? Mine is completely disabled. I've also tried uninstalling twice, and I've tried repairing, still won't let me accept TOS.

Superjuice
07-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Why would turning ON my UAC control fix this? Mine is completely disabled. I've also tried uninstalling twice, and I've tried repairing, still won't let me accept TOS.

Same. Tried it all for laughs but nothing works. Same issue from test server, how was this not resolved?

Shaqattaq
07-21-2015, 03:54 PM

Our engineers have their suspicions that turning off UAC turns on some other things unbeknownst to the user. Whether that is true or not, changing the settings has worked for almost all users.

Zarien
07-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Same. Tried it all for laughs but nothing works. Same issue from test server, how was this not resolved?

I turned it on medium for laughs, it worked. The fact that I needed to increase my UAC settings, baffles me.

Chark
07-21-2015, 03:57 PM
We believe that Windows 7 doesn't really trust you when you turn off UAC and protects you in some other way. We have one of our engineers looking at a potential solution to this, but the for now the work around is to change the setting to default and restart you computer.

Superjuice
07-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Ugh, am i the only person this HASN'T worked for? ;(

Dug up an 8gb flash card and a usb card reader to install on in the mean time, assuming it doesn't give me issues too.

TiberiusReign
07-21-2015, 05:53 PM

Clicking Accept after scrolling down just causes the screen to loop.

I had the patching issue. My UAC is set to never notify. Still had the issue. Uninstalled Client. Rebooted. Reinstalled client. Patched fine. Then this looping.

Hex and Hex Patch set to run as admin on all user accounts at all levels.

Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please advise.

Should I try another uninstall/double reboot/ reinstall?

Thanks!

Stok3d
07-21-2015, 05:59 PM
See if this helps:

If you are on Windows 7 and experience any of the following issues:

1. You are stuck downloading the same files over and over
2. You are stuck downloading a specific file, but it never downloads.
3. You are stuck accepting ToS over and over.

You will need to set your User Account Control (UAC) settings to: Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer. You will then need to restart your computer and run hexpatch.exe again.

We believe that the "Never Notify me" setting is causing Windows 7 to protect your files in some other way. As a result the patcher can't do its thing. We are just as baffled as you are why increasing security settings seems to fix permission issues, but that's what fixed it for us this morning (and it's was pretty rough to track down). We have an engineer researching this further, but for now this is the work around.

TiberiusReign
07-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi there!

I see that you didn't read the post in it's entirety in which I indicated that my UAC is set below the threshold, and that I've already performed a clean install.

I've rebooted and run a Repair install, and it's still an issue.

Thanks!

Shaqattaq
07-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Hi there!

I see that you didn't read the post in it's entirety in which I indicated that my UAC is set below the threshold, and that I've already performed a clean install.

I've rebooted and run a Repair install, and it's still an issue.

Thanks!

Correct. The UAC being below the threshold is the issue. Our engineers believe that Windows does certain things behind the scenes when a user turns off notifications completely that interfere with HEX being installed.

We believe that the "Never Notify me" setting is causing Windows 7 to protect your files in some other way. As a result the patcher can't do its thing. We are just as baffled as you are why increasing security settings seems to fix permission issues, but that's what fixed it for us this morning (and it's was pretty rough to track down). We have an engineer researching this further, but for now this is the work around.

TiberiusReign
07-21-2015, 06:31 PM
I must admit to being hoist by my own petard. I changed the UAC and rebooted and it worked like a charm.

Thank you muchly.

Qiro
07-22-2015, 01:55 AM
Perfect solution. I had to restart my pc but now it's working.
For german users: it's the "Benutzerkontensteuerung" (UAC)

Kuus
07-23-2015, 05:21 AM
After the new patch I get stuck in an infinite loop trying to accept the terms of service

Zarien
07-23-2015, 05:49 AM
Change your UAC settings to default or medium. This was on their known bugs list, switching the UAC controls fixed this issue for me, and then i switched back to normal after accepting the TOS.

Rehab
07-23-2015, 06:51 AM
since the new patch i've been stuck on TOS again, changing the value in regedit to 0.9.7.051 doesnt work anymore.

RamzaBehoulve
07-23-2015, 07:14 AM
That problem is linked to the same problems with the patcher and thus the global solution is the same. Alternatively, you can change the version number to the CURRENT one. The game was patched, obviously the version changed and will change again with each patch.

The current version is 0.9.7.058

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44386

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44436

Timlagor
07-23-2015, 07:19 AM
I had mine set to medium/default and had to reinstall in d:\ to get anywhere

poizonous
07-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Thank you Ramza for the current version #, going to be a nightmare to have to do this every time we patch though lol

Denelorn
07-23-2015, 08:25 AM
That problem is linked to the same problems with the patcher and thus the global solution is the same. Alternatively, you can change the version number to the CURRENT one. The game was patched, obviously the version changed and will change again with each patch.

The current version is 0.9.7.058

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44386

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44436

Any idea why Ambient Volume settings wont save or how to force them to change?