PDA

View Full Version : dragons and shards

NoahBuddy
08-11-2015, 10:20 AM
this was brought up in another thread but since it is off topic there i thought i would start another thread. so as we know the dragons were all either blood or wild dragons to begin with and were changed over time to their currant form, ie: all sharded up.

how do you think this worked? i assume it has to do with their horde. i think only a very powerful being could acquire and protect a cache of shards large enough that could affect a change over time like this and that is why , so far, we have only seen dragons transformed. but why these dragons? why these shards? did zakiir have mostly ruby shards in his horde so he became a ruby dragon? is he what he is because red is his favorite color and he collected mostly rubies?

another theory about this i have is that the dragons personalities interacted with their horde to affect this change. so it was something in zeedu's personality that made he/she into the sapphire dragon.
i like this theory better as in the first explanation it seems more likely that we would have prismatic dragons instead of solid colored dragons. also with the second explanation multicolored or prismatic (5 shard) dragons are still possible and more elegantly explained.

does anyone have any other theories or comments on this subject? what do you think?

Erukk
08-12-2015, 02:26 AM
Most of what little we know about the Gem Dragons comes from the Dragon article (https://www.hextcg.com/story/dragons/). I think there are also a couple of lore nuggets hidden in the flavor text or a couple of cards as well, but I can't remember them at the moment. :(

I think it's probably a combination of the two for the transformation theory though. The Gem Dragons probably flavored certain gems over the others, but I doubt it stopped them from trying to collect as many as possible. So whatever gem had the clear majority in their hordes probably heavily factored into whatever gem they were going to transform into, but I'm sure certain dragons were also predisposed to certain gem's magical transformative aura/radiation/resonance/whatever.

RCDv57
09-14-2015, 12:46 PM
I wonder if there is a super dragon who became infused with all 3 of the hexing gems...

Erukk
09-15-2015, 02:50 AM
I wonder if there is a super dragon who became infused with all 3 of the hexing gems...

I definitely wouldn't mind them adding one into pve, since I doubt it would fit into pvp with it probably being OP as hell, but I'd hate to imagine the possible threshold requirement needed to play it. :diamond::diamond::ruby::ruby::sapphire::sapphire: ? Triumvirate 2.0? Definitely be able to fit it into a Slaughtergear deck if you're able to afford the reavers and replicators.