PDA

View Full Version : Xythnin's Brood

WolfCrypt
09-18-2015, 01:43 AM
Xythnin and Xenthoth once lovers but a feud between them led to the absolute genocide of their children and it wasn't for hundreds of years when The Orc Raid happened to find the Pool of Blood and she created in her own image The Vennen.

It has been teased that there might be female dwarf and vennens and this is my theory on the vennen females.

Xenthoth didn't kill Xyth immediately. She most likely stimmed in hatred after he told her she was pointless and plotted her revenge. Xyth could feel he could not stand against her and gathered his own children a small brood of female vennen. He hid his brood away and they secretly created their own culture and saw Xenthoth as satan and kept to themselves even after she slew their father. Now hidden away far from the zealotry of Xenthoth and her Vennen sons Xythnin's daughters secretly began to plot their revenge for the destruction of the First Brood.

I believe when Campaign comes out if you can be a girl with all 8 races Vennen females will have 100% nothing to do with males as their all maniacal zealots raised in nothing but absolute hatred. These females will have a slightly diffrent artwork and while they may be evil and seemingly just as zealotist as their brothers all male vennen see them as heresy and will kill them on sight. I personally believe Xythnin somehow secured females and a few males away from Xenthoth before she wiped out all her children after gutting him. It said in the Arachnomicon that Xenthoth slayed Xyth it didn't say she just killed him on the spot it never specified how long it took for her to kill him. He could've had ample time to safe guard several Frist Brood children and secrets to disprove Xenthoth maniacal tyrancy of all Vennen.

Any cards disprove anything? I was confident I read all Nomicon entries in the texts... But could be wrong.

Erukk
09-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Any cards disprove anything? I was confident I read all Nomicon entries in the texts... But could be wrong.

Unless it's contradicted at a later date, Arachnomicon 11 and 12 pokes a big hole in the theory regarding the "Xentoth didn't kill Xythnin immediately" part. He said something stupid, and she killed him instantly on the spot for it.

"He said, 'I, Xythnin, am the true god. You, wife, have already given birth to the Spider Kings that now rule all of Entrath. Your purpose has been served. Now be silent.'" -Arachnomicon 11

"Enraged, Xentoth slew her husband on the spot. The female spider god then traveled the realms of the Spider Kings and assassinated them all." -Arachnomicon 12

Another counter point would be the fact that Xentoth and Xythnin's children, the Spider Kings, weren't Vennen. So it would be kinda impossible for Xythnin to hide away female Vennen. Vennen have the key characteristic of being Orc hybrids, and to the best of our knowledge Xentoth only first encountered the race after she killed all the Spider Kings and went into seclusion, and there's nothing to imply that Xythnin had any sort of relation to the Orcs either as of now.

Fateanomaly
09-21-2015, 01:06 AM
That's what their lore says but we know the primals while powerful are not omnipotent. It is possible she slew all the spider kings but could those spider kings have descendants that escaped her? However, they would not be considered vennen as vennen is a specific race that is created from the orcs.

WolfCrypt
09-21-2015, 01:57 AM
That's what their lore says but we know the primals while powerful are not omnipotent. It is possible she slew all the spider kings but could those spider kings have descendants that escaped her? However, they would not be considered vennen as vennen is a specific race that is created from the orcs.

It is possible that the Spider Kings look similar to Vennen but have subtle differences. Is it not feasible that female 'vennen' have zero to do with males?

Erukk
09-22-2015, 12:19 AM

I would be extremely surprised if we don't run into some remnant of the Spider Kings. Even though I'm sure large portions of the Arachnomicon are exaggerated religious propaganda, them (the Spider Kings) having a sprawling empire across Entrath is entirely possible, especially considering the fact that they had the active backing and support of at least one strong Primal (and possibly two given Xythnin's unknown being status).

It is possible that the Spider Kings look similar to Vennen but have subtle differences. Is it not feasible that female 'vennen' have zero to do with males?

It's possible, sure, but that's mostly only because we don't have enough information to rule either way on the matter. The only information we really have on Xentoth and Xythnin's looks is the flavor text calling them "spider gods" and what we can only assume (which isn't definite either) the Vennen getting all their spider qualities from their mother.

Other than that, the Spider Kings' appearance and looks are mostly a big blank at the moment. We could hazard an easy guess and say they would most likely be "spidery" in design for obvious reasons, but whether or not they share any trait with their half-siblings the Vennen beyond their spideryness is unknown.

WolfCrypt
09-22-2015, 02:04 AM
We'll just have to see.