Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will PvE Loot be BoE or BoP?

Will PvE Loot be BoE or BoP?

Hello all, i have been searching for an answer for this question some time now and maybe you can help me?

In PvE when you are going trough a dungeon and fighting the bosses (or other mobs on the way), will there be cards and/or loot dropped that is bound to your account or will you be able to perches at the cards in the auction house.

My opinion is that if you can buy the best boss drops then there will be a way to buy your progress instead of grinding/playing the game like a real MMORPG. There will be sort of ''pay-to-win'' like there is in other TCG och PvP!

Hope someone have some feedback on this
    Thank you
    //Defco

Contrary to a RPG MMO this game is based on you defeating a boss with strategy and a deck tailored to it. Items dropping from bosses are not better or worse then items you already have. They just enable different strategies that might or might not work better.

It's important to have tradeable stuff to drop from PvE so that players that sink a lot of time in the PvE part can trade their stuff for PvP experience like boosters or plat for tournaments.

From what we've heard CZE does not intend to limit any trading on cards and/or items dropping in dungeons.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Sleeves are not going to be tradeable and mercenaries are going to be account bound once you use them, but based on prior information I believe that most of the rest is going to be fair game on the auction house. There was mention of account-specific PVE cards (such as from choosing a side in the squirrels versus dinosaurs dungeon) but equipment and the vast majority of the cards should be tradeable.

The latest information on that front is decently old and may have changed, but I don't think they're going to change this that much.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

The only things that are supposed to be bound are sleeves and mercenaries (and mercenaries are tradeable until you choose to bind them to your account). That's the whole model for the f2p. Paying players will buy these things from the free players, circulating platinum to the free players to buy paid things with.

The thing is, with this being a TCG there isn't a guaranteed win from better cards. It's the same thing in the PvP side of the game. You can buy a full playset all you want. That's not going to win you games. Skill in deckbuilding and skill in actually knowing how to play a deck are what is going to win you games. All the best cards in the world aren't going to make a bad player win consistently.

Thank you Kroan for clearing that up.
    I did compare the game to different RPG games i have played, and all of them that has an AH with all the loot in the game often gets out of hand and the one with the biggest wallet always wins in the end.
    But if this game is meant to played in different strategy instead of powering your deck and overrunning your opponent i clearly see the difference.

You know if there will be any cosmetic account bound things like a rare boss sleeves that only you can get if you down a certain boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Defco View Post
    Thank you Kroan for clearing that up.
    I did compare the game to different RPG games i have played, and all of them that has an AH with all the loot in the game often gets out of hand and the one with the biggest wallet always wins in the end.
    But if this game is meant to played in different strategy instead of powering your deck and overrunning your opponent i clearly see the difference.

You know if there will be any cosmetic account bound things like a rare boss sleeves that only you can get if you down a certain boss?
    I would absolutely love boss sleeves, alt arts only obtainable in dungeons, alt art champions, etc from PvE.
    IGN Bfox

Quote Originally Posted by Falaris View Post
    I would absolutely love boss sleeves, alt arts only obtainable in dungeons, alt art champions, etc from PvE.
    Oh yes, me to! Something to show of

We do not know of any PvE Sleeves, but I wouldn't be suprised to see them. Mercanries, as mentioned, are also accountbound once you use them.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Quote Originally Posted by Defco View Post
    Since PvE means you aren't attacking other players, it doesn't matter at all how people come across their cards.

The part where competition matters already has the AH.

The Transcended
    Including a sleeve (or maybe just achievement?) for every Dungeon and Raid seems like a neat idea.