Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Superman VS Batman

So... I just realized that the Batman hero is more powerful than the Superman hero. Being a Superman FANATIC, this makes me sad.

Batman gets +1 power for every equipment played.
    Superman gets +1 power for every DIFFERENT super power played.

So Superman could play 5 super powers, but only get +1 additional if they were all the same.

Batman could play 5 equipments, and get +5 even if they were all the same.

This does not seem right to me...

"Get out of my cave."
    Last edited by jollytothegreen; 12-13-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sivartalappes View Post
    So... I just realized that the Batman hero is more powerful than the Superman hero. Being a Superman FANATIC, this makes me sad.
    I thought that at first as well, but after looking at the cards, I am not so sure.

First of all, Kick is always available even from the start. Superman is all but guaranteed a useful card on the first turn. Next, the Super Power cards are a little better in general, which is generally why they cost more. Their base powers are higher and they have slightly better effects. Another point is that Superman's signature card, Man of Steel, is much better than Batman's card, Dark Knight, at face-value.

I also found that even though there is a fair amount of Equipment, it is more difficult for Batman to grab it than it is for Superman to grab Super Powers. Many of the Equipment cards are just generically good for all characters, so many of the better ones would be snagged by other characters. The Cape and Cowl would be great for anybody, for example, and anyone could easily meet the Utility Belt criteria. I don't see many players finding Super Strength particularly worth it, though.

The only major competition for acquiring Super Powers is Cyborg. But he's also grabbing equipment, too!

I'm not saying Batman is bad by any means, I just don't think he is "better" than Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by jollytothegreen View Post
    "Get out of my cave."
    I remember that fight. That was after Flash covered Superman with bombs, Green Arrow shot him with a kryptonite bomb arrow, and The Atom jumped in his head and started messing with his body, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    I remember that fight. That was after Flash covered Superman with bombs, Green Arrow shot him with a kryptonite bomb arrow, and The Atom jumped in his head and started messing with his body, right?

Though my favorite fight came during the first 'Hush' storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    I thought that at first as well, but after looking at the cards, I am not so sure.

First of all, Kick is always available even from the start. Superman is all but guaranteed a useful card on the first turn. Next, the Super Power cards are a little better in general, which is generally why they cost more. Their base powers are higher and they have slightly better effects. Another point is that Superman's signature card, Man of Steel, is much better than Batman's card, Dark Knight, at face-value.

I also found that even though there is a fair amount of Equipment, it is more difficult for Batman to grab it than it is for Superman to grab Super Powers. Many of the Equipment cards are just generically good for all characters, so many of the better ones would be snagged by other characters. The Cape and Cowl would be great for anybody, for example, and anyone could easily meet the Utility Belt criteria. I don't see many players finding Super Strength particularly worth it, though.

The only major competition for acquiring Super Powers is Cyborg. But he's also grabbing equipment, too!

I'm not saying Batman is bad by any means, I just don't think he is "better" than Superman.

I have played 20+ games of the game so far and I would have to agree with the other guy. Batman is much better than Superman. I would even go as far as saying he is one of the worst, if not the worst. There is like 3x the amount of equipment than super powers and even though kick starts in play you dont want a bunch of kicks clogging your deck down. The fact that they have to be different super powers is what is so brutal. The super powers are some of the better cards in the game so people fight over them. Heat vision anyone?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a misinterpretation of the rules? Is it that Superman gets the +1 for each different Super Power card? Maybe because of the X-Ray Vision loop it needed to be worded that way. Is there a company rep who can comment on this?

+1 for each different name, not physical card. If X-Ray Vision reveals another X-Ray, it's +1 total for the two X-Rays.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

This may be the only place were this seems true Aquaman is way better than either superman or even batman by a huge margin. I have only seen batman, superman, cyborg and Aquaman in play thus far but man is getting quick use of what your buying is absolutely brokers and is not dependant really at all what cards come out.