Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the answer Matt, I get it now.

I have one more question/situation that came up during play last night...

* Brainiac was flipped over on the SV stack, and his First Appearance attack reads: "Each Player chooses two cards at random from his hand and places them face down. Shuffle cards and deal two cards to each player."

It was only a two player game and I defended. We decided that meant neither of us had to choose/shuffle/deal any cards. Was that correct? Or if not, how should it be handled?

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by bclemins View Post
    Thanks for the answer Matt, I get it now.

I have one more question/situation that came up during play last night...

* Brainiac was flipped over on the SV stack, and his First Appearance attack reads: "Each Player chooses two cards at random from his hand and places them face down. Shuffle cards and deal two cards to each player."

It was only a two player game and I defended. We decided that meant neither of us had to choose/shuffle/deal any cards. Was that correct? Or if not, how should it be handled?
    In the back of the rules it says each player receives back as many cards as they contributed on the off chance some one has a one card hand when Brainiac hit. So if one player gave two and the other none, the player who gave two would get two back and the other would get none. In a two player game, you don't have to go through the motions of putting 2 cards on the table, shuffling them and giving them right back if the other player defended.

Also the two cards you contribute are not chosen at chosen at random from your hand.
    Go Fish

If I am Cyborg and I play an equipment card. Do I have to draw? Or say I have The Watch Tower and play a hero. Can I choose not to draw a card?

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpygunz View Post
    If I am Cyborg and I play an equipment card. Do I have to draw? Or say I have The Watch Tower and play a hero. Can I choose not to draw a card?
    Only effect that say "may" are optional. If it does not say "may" you have to do it.
    Go Fish

Why are Locations triggered after the resolution of the card that triggered them?

All abilities that trigger off of a card being played resolve after the card resolves. This is not only true for Locations. It is also true for Super-Hero abilities.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

I understand that it does....

I just dont know WHY it does....

Shouldn't they (the locations) be treated as a "cast" trigger that resolves upon a card that meets the requirements being played?

A card has to have its effect resolved in order for it to be considered "played." A card can't be played if you haven't actually used it.

then i guess the better question is: Does this game make use of a "stack" like MTG?

Its more logical for you to need the card to resolve before triggering a locations draw. I think your history of playing MTG is making it difficult to understand why it makes more sense this way. However I also play Magic and it is the more sensical order