Thread: Multiplayer Modes

Multiplayer Modes

Will there be multiplayer modes and/or house rules for casual play available? Maybe even an Ante option?

For example: Two-headed giant (as popularized by MTG), Team FFA, and others?

Master Theorycrafter
    I really want to see a Commander variant in this game! So bad! The only reason I still enjoy MtG is the amount of fun I have while playing Commander!

I know I read that there will be some support for casual multiplayer, including a mode where you can battle other players using equipment and other normally PvE only stuff. Beyond that, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Will there be multiplayer modes and/or house rules for casual play available? Maybe even an Ante option?

For example: Two-headed giant (as popularized by MTG), Team FFA, and others?
    We do have plans for providing formats that are popular to players.

Charge Bot
    The ability to make wagers on matches would be fantastic! I would love the ability to wager booster packs or money on a match between myself and my guild mate or close friend.
    aka "Darksun"
    King Tier Kickstarter Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by cross09 View Post
    The ability to make wagers on matches would be fantastic! I would love the ability to wager booster packs or money on a match between myself and my guild mate or close friend.
    We have to be careful of supporting these types of things as it starts getting dangerously close to gambling.

Master Theorycrafter
    Nothing is stopping you from doing that without in game support Darksun.

Charge Bot
    Yeah, you're right WW. We always have the ability to do that.
    aka "Darksun"
    King Tier Kickstarter Supporter

They could do a moderation system, to make sure there aren't any scammers trying to win cards of people.

Just an idea.

I can understand Kyles point of sanctioning something that close to gambling. However, there are no mechanics to stop you from doing this on your own with friends/guildies etc.