Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the account level kickstarter rewards

Questions about the account level kickstarter rewards

Hi everyone. Hex is shaping up to be the "Shandalar"(if anyone remembers the old Microprose M:tG game) MMO I've been wanting for years. Some of the upper tiers of rewards are pretty tempting, though I have some questions.

1. Does the Guild Master exp buff require the player to be the guild leader of his guild, or just a member or officer? This seems like a nice perk, but I have no interest in dealing with the headaches of being in charge of a guild. If it does apply to non-guild leaders, will the exp buff stack with multiple enabled accounts in the same guild(this could get really silly if there was a membership capped guild full of guild master accounts )?

2. The Dungeon Crawler perk seems good, but I'm not quite sure how dungeon loot will work. Are there lockouts on dungeons, or can they be run as often as you want? In the case of lockouts, the perk would be huge. Absent lockouts, the perk is still really nice, but would basically just save you a bit of time.

3. It seems to me that the Raid Leader perk is pretty powerful, especially since I read it stacks and would allow for +3 extra starting cards if you got 3 raid leaders. How is PvE going to be balanced around this? Surely PvE would be designed for players without this buff. I kinda feel like any raid leader accounts would have a big "asterisk" on any of their accomplishments.

And one more extra non-reward related question: Can you have multiple player character champions for PvE? If I pick an Orc Warrior when I start out, can I also choose to level up a Dwarf Warlock later on(to experience any different quests or just to have access to a different playstyle), or would I have to delete my Orc? Assuming we do get multiple "character slots", are there enough to get one of each class?

Thanks to any devs or fans that can answer my questions.

1) Pretty sure that one was asked and answered, it doesn't stack. And I am 90% sure it works even if you aren't the guild leader, so people will want you even if you don't have your own guild.

2) Doesn't sound like there are lockouts, but I don't have dev knowledge, so don't quote me on it.

3)Pretty sure the raid leader perk stacks, but had some limits. It was also answered somewhere else, but it something I am more fuzzy on.

I am also interested in the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Hi everyone. Hex is shaping up to be the "Shandalar"(if anyone remembers the old Microprose M:tG game) MMO I've been wanting for years. Some of the upper tiers of rewards are pretty tempting, though I have some questions.

1. Does the Guild Master exp buff require the player to be the guild leader of his guild, or just a member or officer? This seems like a nice perk, but I have no interest in dealing with the headaches of being in charge of a guild. If it does apply to non-guild leaders, will the exp buff stack with multiple enabled accounts in the same guild(this could get really silly if there was a membership capped guild full of guild master accounts )?

2. The Dungeon Crawler perk seems good, but I'm not quite sure how dungeon loot will work. Are there lockouts on dungeons, or can they be run as often as you want? In the case of lockouts, the perk would be huge. Absent lockouts, the perk is still really nice, but would basically just save you a bit of time.

3. It seems to me that the Raid Leader perk is pretty powerful, especially since I read it stacks and would allow for +3 extra starting cards if you got 3 raid leaders. How is PvE going to be balanced around this? Surely PvE would be designed for players without this buff. I kinda feel like any raid leader accounts would have a big "asterisk" on any of their accomplishments.

And one more extra non-reward related question: Can you have multiple player character champions for PvE? If I pick an Orc Warrior when I start out, can I also choose to level up a Dwarf Warlock later on(to experience any different quests or just to have access to a different playstyle), or would I have to delete my Orc? Assuming we do get multiple "character slots", are there enough to get one of each class?

Thanks to any devs or fans that can answer my questions.
    1: They do not have to be the guild leader, they just have to be in the guild. It does not stack.

2: You can run them as much as you want. Each dungeon and raid has a loot table, so you likely won't always get what you want (or everything you want) the first time.

3: It for sure will give you a leg up in raids, but we are keeping this into account and making sure you have a good experience.

4: You can level as many champions as you want and won't have to delete anything. And yes, you can absolutely have one of each.

Devoted Emissary
    +1 for the shandalar reference btw

Quote Originally Posted by OP_Kyle View Post
    Answers
    Cool, thanks for the quick response! Now I just have to weigh all that against times I've been hyped up on MMO's to be let down, then divide by the regret I feel every time I see a panda cub in WoW and remember how I passed on the collector's edition. That should let me figure out which tier I end up with .

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Cool, thanks for the quick response! Now I just have to weigh all that against times I've been hyped up on MMO's to be let down, then divide by the regret I feel every time I see a panda cub in WoW and remember how I passed on the collector's edition. That should let me figure out which tier I end up with .
    Three words:

Spectral
    Lotus
    Garden

Infernal Professor
    Haha yes those 3 words are nice .

I do have all the WoW collector editions though, so plenty of pandas, mini diablos and zerglings to go around!

since we're asking about a lot of these things , will the perks given to backers be obtainable in some other way or form after the game goes live ?

I for one would like the 1 free draft a week option , but the price for the lowest tier for that is kinda spicy for my current financial possibilities.
    "Kneel before me and repent!"

http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png

Quote Originally Posted by Thanisse View Post
    since we're asking about a lot of these things , will the perks given to backers be obtainable in some other way or form after the game goes live ?

I for one would like the 1 free draft a week option , but the price for the lowest tier for that is kinda spicy for my current financial possibilities.
    The Kickstarter rewards are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign (except boosters and starters).

Infernal Professor
    They have said a few times, these are kickstarter rewards only. You have 28 days to forage for loot to pay off your pro player tier, do it!