Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy Speculation Thread

Economy Speculation Thread

In this thread, let's speculate about the in game economy.

To get it started: Do you think that season 1 booster packs will retain/gain value, or do you think the massive influx of boosters caused by this kickstarter campaign will make them basically be worth nothing over time.
    As of making this thread and tallying up King tier up booster packs, we have 93,900 packs in circulation. This isn't even including the lower tiers which also give a substantial amount of packs. Any thoughts?

Edit:
    Adding up the other tiers we have an additional 26140 packs as of May 10th 2:56 PM EST.
    This makes for a total of 120,040. and we're a bit more than half way to the total kickstarter goal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lelorox; 05-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Devoted Emissary
    I think it's going to affect the economy, but not dominate it. It's an initial influx that will cause initial values to be a little nuts (Kind of like the recent neverwinter launch, with all the founders having a LOT of the main currency) but will stabalize over time. With the amount from kickstarter though, it depends on how much of the inital player base is from KS

I think set one will be the least valuable of all at the start, but will grow in value when other sets come out. I don't expect a settled or reasonable AH or economy for at least 6 months, due to the nature of the game, but I can see it being stable at a later date.

Although, with sets being at risk of being retired, sets being cycled, and PvE only cards being earned at varying rates, it could be quite a challenging economy to keep up with. Add in potentially destroying cards, and users leaving with collections of cards, it will be something to see, and I am interested how it will evolve, especially with real money trading in the mix.

Eternal Guardian
    The value of digital packs with remain good because of draft. Individual cards might not, but the hints of the crafting system might change that.
    Go Fish

I think adding real money into the mix will actually cause the economy to be more stable. There will like in any other card game be flavor of the month combinations causing cards to rapidly increase or decrease in value, but I don't see that happening with the huge influx of users during set one.

Also while there are going to be a large amount of cards in play from the get go due to the kickstarted campaign, there is going to be the 5-6 months in between where users aren't going to be able to pledge and are going to have to start the game from scratch which will immediately give value to our cards.

Devoted Emissary
    I think the major issue is going to be how many people jump on between beta and launch, so when launch hits we get an influx of fresh blood.

Must. Generate. HYPE!!!!

Gigantisaur
    actually 120k boosters is nothing.
    This game has potential to have million users

~

Devoted Emissary
    Potential being the key word there. While this game has the potential to be huge, we can't base too much off what might be.

Eternal Guardian
    I think if you told the devs they would have over 100k active users in a year's time, they would probably be ecstatic.
    Go Fish

As it stands it's 120k boosters among 1.6k people. That's a serious problem.