Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Cost...

Draft Cost...

Will there be an in game currency for PvP kind of like MTGO tickets? So we can trade booster packs for whatever that currency is and use those to play more drafts? Or will each draft cost $1+3 packs, no exceptions?

Eternal Guardian
    Platinum will be the premium currency that you buy with real money. That is most likely going to be your "tickets" equivalent.
    Go Fish

But will Platinum be tradeable? so I can trade pack winnings to someone else for Platinum and then continue drafting?

Quote Originally Posted by Lidralyn View Post
    But will Platinum be tradeable? so I can trade pack winnings to someone else for Platinum and then continue drafting?
    Yeah you can use Platinum in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidralyn View Post
    There will be a Platinum AH so you can sell your winnings and keep playing.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares

Gigantisaur
    They never said boosters will be available to be sold in the AH.
    Since they sell them too, they shouldn't.

What they should do is you queue your booster and they sell it for you when people buy boosters for $2.
    (God i'm so smart sometimes)

~

They only sell them for Platinum. The players should be able to sell the boosters for gold, and be able to make game money off free players who want PvP cards. It's a market that pay players would want, to obtain larger amounts of gold than the platinum to gold exchange. It also encourages free players to stick around, as they have hopes of getting into PvP for free. This is good because it consumes more boosters, and odds are they'll eventually be paying customers if they're getting that in to the PvP. Plus I'm sure the market value of boosters would be higher than the Platinum -> Gold exchange will offer, because that's going to be the price floor that the AH would need to beat.

Gigantisaur
    I was talking about selling boosters for plat.

If people can sell the boosters for $1.80, CZE loses, and the whole value or the game deflates.
    I think boosters from KS, soft-sub and maybe even prize support have to be bound

~

CZE looses nothing if they sell them for $1.80... Only CZE can give them out. The only way people can obtain boosters without paying $2 originally is to win them. The entry fee is used to pay for the winnings on tournaments, so there's no loss there either. Since you aren't going to be buying a $2 pack and selling it back for $1.80 (and if you do, CZE doesn't lose, you are), they can't game the system.

Edit: Boosters from the KS are already paid for. Soft sub ones are paid for as well, though at less than $2. That's going to be a limited amount of cards though, and they've all been paid for, even if at a discount. That's not going to be so many cards as to destabilize the game economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    I was talking about selling boosters for plat.

If people can sell the boosters for $1.80, CZE loses, and the whole value or the game deflates.
    I think boosters from KS, soft-sub and maybe even prize support have to be bound

~
    I doubt it because at the very least you should be able to sell for gold. That way someone who primarily plays PvP and wins can sell their extra packs for the gold they are not going to be farming and it benefits a PvE player by allowing them to buy packs without having to spend money.

And if people can buy things with gold, like cards or equip, then turn around to sell them. Then they can just buy packs with gold anyway but it would be easier to just be able to sell packs for gold.
    KickSTARTER
    Grand King

Hex IGN: Ares