Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Authenticator Question

Authenticator Question

How much will an Authenticator cost? I know that for Blizzard games it's only a couple of bucks and was hoping it would be about the same here. Or will they go out as a perk for any KS backers?

I asked this question when I talked with Corey yesterday and he said that they are looking into SMS and/or mobile app authentication.

So then you won't be able to get a token?

Charge Bot
    Probably not. It will probably all be digital Devaux.
    aka "Darksun"
    King Tier Kickstarter Supporter

great. So I'm gonna have to buy an iPhone?

Charge Bot
    SMS feature, if possible, would be via text messaging so as long as you have a phone capable of text messaging that would work. I am sure that they would have apps for iOS and Android though as well. We will have to wait and see what they decide to do.
    aka "Darksun"

It is possible they could make an app for all smart phones, but I think they are avoiding any physical products because of manufacturing, shipping, and customs costs.

There are a large number of smartphones out there, and I am sure they wont limit it so much anyway (that is a kind of elitism fans wont want, and they listen to fans.)

If it goes that way, find a cheap smartphone on a semi-decent plan - I did and got a really good phone out of it.

Charge Bot
    Worst case if they make it for iOS only (which I doubt they will) is just buy a used iPod Touch and it will work perfectly.
    aka "Darksun"

If they only make it for iOS a TON of people will be upset (an authenticator is account security - much more important than a portable version of the game.)

Quite simply, they can't ignore android. If they make for one, they HAVE to make for both.