Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pro Player Tier

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    I will be dropping 2 (out of 5) Pro Player pledges if they improve the Producer tier, which I really hope they do (all the upper tiers need a lot of reworking).
    I don't think the upper tiers will get improved. I do think the rest of the 250 tiers should be improved though. Grand king is a nice deal imo, Dragon lord tier is an okay deal. I'll agree the rest aren't that great but look at the # of pledges. They are such a small small small part of the overall pledge amount that its obvious 120-500 is the range most people are comfortable spending (value wise and possibly for other reasons) so the 250 tiers that aren't getting attention need to be made more attractive to create more interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
    The raid leader and guild leader imo, aren't that good of value compared to grand king or pro tier. 10% exp is nice while leveling and useless at max level. Having +1 card in your hand only works in single player and raids, and not during tournaments. Imo, neither of those are worth 130$ as the use just isn't there.
    I agree, and that's why I went with Pro Player. The others have interesting aspects, but they really don't appeal as much as what is in the PPT package. They're what make Grand King appealing, except for its price tag. Now, that said, we don't really have many details on the PVE side to this game to go on, but everybody knows how TCG PVP works, so that could also be a factor.

They could balance the other tiers by giving them extra stuff at one of the stretch goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daer View Post
    They could balance the other tiers by giving them extra stuff at one of the stretch goals.
    That'd be my guess as well. We'll see at least two more goals revealed tomorrow.

Extra free drafts are the biggest draw, so more of those on the K+ packages might sell more. 2 free drafts on the GK tier would very likely lead to it selling out fast.

Infernal Professor
    I would hop on GK this weekend if you are thinking about it. I am sure there will be some people that wake up in the morning to go get a pro tier that are going to be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfog View Post
    Extra free drafts are the biggest draw, so more of those on the K+ packages might sell more. 2 free drafts on the GK tier would very likely lead to it selling out fast.
    the GK tier will sell out on its own imo. As will Dragon lord (only 14 spots left). It's the 2500+ tiers and the other 250 tiers that need some love.

Stretch goals that increase the value of the other 250 tiers would be kind of upsetting. How do you balance it which they are aimed at different people (by that I mean different PvE aspects). If the next 4 stretch goals increase Collector's to 10 alternate cards for life, Increase PvE experience of Raid leader by 5%, Give the Guild leader pack 30 more boosters, and give dungeon crawler 10 more rare/legendary equipment would you think those are good goals? They would provide little to 0 benefit to all the people that already pledged and take up 720-860k (and i assume 940k) range of stretch goals.

The tiers should be desirable on their own, bottom line. Now that being said, if the stretch goals gave more benefits to King+ pledges (extra primal packs, more drafts, etc) everyone benefits and increases the desire of those tiers without cutting most of the previous pledges from gaining something from the new tiers.