Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Main Issues With $250 Tier Stretch Goal

Main Issues With $250 Tier Stretch Goal

Because I'm tired of people slinging insults around I'm going to list the major points I have with the new stretch goal as it pertain to the buffing of the $250 tiers. Each point will have a reason why I consider it an issue, and you are all free to debate me on them in a civilized manner. However, if you choose to instead dismiss it with more insults I'm just going to ignore you as you are what's wrong with the Internet's anonymity as a whole.

ISSUE 1 - Devaluing

Each of the $250 tiers aside from Pro Player received one free draft a week for a year. Others have said this does boosts them to be comparable to the Pro Player without devaluing it, but I disagree and here is why.

First off, this essentially makes the Pro Player bonus worthless for one full year because the others tiers also have it. Meanwhile the other tiers not only are making use of it but also their bonuses began right at the beginning of the game. The Dungeon Crawler not only gets the PP bonus, but also more loot. The Collector gets their cards. The Raid and Guild leaders have led charges into PvE. They get their bonus straight off while Pro Player has to wait an entire year before theirs begins to have value again. This is my primary reason why I'm against free drafts for the other tiers as compared to buffing their main objectives directly.

ISSUE 2 - Ignoring

Pro Player was left out of the mass-buff of the other $250 tiers, being ignored while its bonus was given to the other tiers for a year.

I actually have no issue with buffing the other tiers, as I do think that most of them could have used some, aside from Dungeon Crawler. I'm not a supporter of the ones who want something special for the PP tier. I do, however, think that handing the other tiers the PP bonus was the wrong decision. I think they should have boosted the other tiers based on their offerings, not copying another one. Collectors get an additional card (allowing a full set right off the bat of their bonus), Dungeon Crawlers get an extra life for dungeons, Guild Masters have a bonus to Keep Defense (just an idea), Raid Leaders have +x% more chance to make the boss drop a legendary, stuff like that.

ISSUE 3 - Insufficient

Some think that the legendary stretch goal just wasn't legendary enough, discounting the tablet bit as that's not relevant to this discussion. They point to how the uncommon before this one gave GK 50 Set 2 boosters while this one was only 15.

This is the point I take issue with. Not every stretch goal needs a bonus to you the player, that's something I agree with. Grand King got boosters last time? Well now everyone gets some! The $250 tiers got buffs, aside from the PP tier which was left out, but while I take umbrage with the buff they gave I do agree that something was needed to make them attractive.

So, those are the three main points I've seen people use against this stretch goal. If anyone has any others, with reasons, please feel free to add to the list. If you disagree then please say why in a logical fashion instead of flaming, that goes for both sides of the issue.

Banned
    The rewards are just incentives. They don't have to make it fair in the first place.

I don't see how people think they're entitled to something from making a pledge on kickstarter?

Valid Points, and +1 for keeping things civil.

The smart way to do it would have been every $250+ tier account gets 1 additional draft per week for 1 year
    This means PP and GK+ get their lifetime one and one more per week for one year.

Banned
    How about they give 1000 Set 1&2 Booster Packs to every tier? Maybe even throw in free drafting for life on all the tiers. Will that make everyone happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Yasi View Post
    How about they give 1000 Set 1&2 Booster Packs to every tier? Will that make everyone happy?
    Of course not, because the petulant whining is all about not being MORE valuable than the silly plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgol View Post
    The smart way to do it would have been every $250+ tier account gets 1 additional draft per week for 1 year

This means PP and GK+ get their lifetime one and one more per week for one year.
    This actually does seem like a good idea and could easily be handled to not benefit the ones who stacked simply by keeping the "non-stackable" clause to it. That way it's not overly-benefiting the stackers but it's also not punishing the single pledgers, even while it's still making the other tiers more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgol View Post
    Hey, yes!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Liokae View Post
    Of course not, because the petulant whining is all about not being MORE valuable than the silly plebs.
    Fine...how about taking all the rewards from the lower tiers and giving it to the $250 pledge people. That way the disparity between the lower tiers and the higher one will be even greater.

This stretch goal is designed to get the remaining 250$ tiers sold. Obviously they weren't attracting people to pledge there so they added the one thing that has proven to sell tiers. You already have your bonus you pledged to gk or pro to get that bonus why do you care if the other 250 tiers get it?

More people pledging is a good thing and if all is needed is 1 draft a week for free to get the remaining 250$ tiers sold so be it. It doesn't devalue what I or you have it just improve the value for them. Be happy with what you have since gk and pp are still a huge value and will pay for themselves in time.
    ---Dungeon Crawler---