Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sign of Significant Slow Down

Sign of Significant Slow Down

Yesterday was actually the worst pledge total of all time for HEX, which still pulled out over $40k though at this pace we may be barely hitting $1.5M (assuming no further slow down).

I know people got mixed feeling about "Legendary Goal." But the number certainly seemed not reflecting what perhaps Cryptozoic intended i.e. flying off shelves other $250 Tiers.

Don't get me wrong, even today is the last day of Pledge, HEX did 4x of its original goal, which was already high for new digital TCG.

Is this because the bonus added to other $250 were not enough? (I doubt)
    Is it because early backers are upset i.e. backing out and net result is not significant growth? (perhaps)
    Is there a fix? Sure.

http://houshasen.wordpress.com/2013/...-slowing-down/
    Last edited by MugenMusou; 05-23-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Once an observer then Pro Tier, and now Grand King Tier.

Previous TCG Experience: Eye of Judgment, Magic the Gathering, Carte, Shadow Era, Yu Gi Oh, Ascension, Infinity Wars
    Currently Playing: HEX, Spellweaver
    Looking forward to: Warlords of Terra, Labyrinth

English Blog: Digital Card Gamers English
    日本語サイト: Digital Card Gamers Japanese
    HEX Search Engine
    Spellweaver Search Engine

We only need to average 18k a day to meet the last stretch goal. Even today we are on pace for 26k+. Mid-kickstarter slumps are common and Hex has been unusual that it hasn't had any until now. The last few days will pick up again.

I think a lot of people were shuffling around orders (like trading GKs for 250 tiers). A lot of people impulsively jumped on GK in fear of losing out on drafts, but now they can cancel those and buy their favorite 250 and still get a year of drafts. It was also a Wednesday.
    "The tyrannous and bloody deed is done,
    The most arch deed of piteous massacre
    That ever yet this land was guilty of."
    --William Shakespeare, Richard III

Eternal Guardian
    The slow down was bound to happen as the attractive tiers were already taken. Many KS projects slow down within the first week and have a final push at the end. The project has been atypical with its second week spikes due to run on valuable tiers.
    Go Fish

Banned
    The kickstarter has already reached the goal so meh.

The Dungeon Crawler will be the next Tier to sell out as it's very alluring with the Legendary stretch goal. Expect that Tier to gain momentum and easily propel us past the final Stretch.

It is expected to slow down. The rest of the tiers are ok but most of the "perceived value" tiers have already been gone. The rest are going to be people waiting to see if they have the money to commit and some still on the fence of it.
    Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV #14

Portland, OR

Cool. Just needed reassurance. I want this to hit 1.5M.
    Once an observer then Pro Tier, and now Grand King Tier.

Previous TCG Experience: Eye of Judgment, Magic the Gathering, Carte, Shadow Era, Yu Gi Oh, Ascension, Infinity Wars
    Currently Playing: HEX, Spellweaver
    Looking forward to: Warlords of Terra, Labyrinth

English Blog: Digital Card Gamers English
    日本語サイト: Digital Card Gamers Japanese
    HEX Search Engine
    Spellweaver Search Engine

The game seems to be attracting a narrow group of people willing to spend a lot now for long term bonuses, but hasn't found a midrange or low end market yet. The people not sure about dropping $50 or 20$ haven't been buying in, just the people willing to drop $100+.

Hex has had great success so far but now that all the high-end pledges have been consumed it has to broaden its appeal to continue to raise funding. I think the problem is that they've sold a group of core TCG players on the concept, but not that many MMO or casual TCG players.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenMusou View Post
    Cool. Just needed reassurance. I want this to hit 1.5M.
    I don't.
    I want it to hit 2M+!