Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what would happen if there was no limit on GK?

what would happen if there was no limit on GK?

would it be so bad? It would certainly stop (or at least slow down) the people selling and stacking nonsense that seems to have run rampant on the KS.... just a thought... as I would up to a GK (currently collector) in a heartbeat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brynsul View Post
    would it be so bad? It would certainly stop (or at least slow down) the people selling and stacking nonsense that seems to have run rampant on the KS.... just a thought... as I would up to a GK (currently collector) in a heartbeat.
    It wouldn't be so bad, but there has to be a limit somewhere and it could have been any number. One reason why it should and is limited is strategical in the sense that people who pledged(any tiers) want something more exclusive than what is already being offered-which is limited stock. The KS rewards has always been a "you've been here with us from the very beginning, so we want to give you something that will never be available again to show you our appreciation" and people like that idea.
    Last edited by Yasi; 05-25-2013 at 04:12 AM.

It would make me so happy if GK was available =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yasi View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad, but there has to be a limit somewhere and it could have been any number. One reason why it should and is limited is strategical in the sense that people who pledged(any tiers) want something more exclusive than what is already being offered-which is limited stock. The KS rewards has always been a "you've been here with us from the very beginning, so we want to give you something that will never be available again to show you our appreciation" and people like that idea.
    right, but it is STILL the beginning... I was orignally knight, then moved up to king, now im up to collector... I scrounged some more money together and would love to join the grand king tier.... the whole point of limited numbers is to artificially inflate the need to get in early... but its a digital good so there is no real limit to what they could offer... granted for the higher tiers where they have to make things (vanity cards and the like) I can understand the limit, but on one where there is nothing new to make, just more bits of data for which I am willing to pay a stupid amount of money.

Maybe they simply want to make sure there is a limit to the free drafts for life, since that essentially is a potential draft every time people don't pay for, although they might have without the perk.

Keep in mind, every tier they sell now is a loss of money when you compare it to the purchase of similar items post-kickstarter. You mention specifically the grand king tier, which has a cost of $500. Just looking at the options that would be available for sale post-launch, you have $40 from 4 starter decks, $310 from the 155 set 1 boosters, and assumed $100 from set 2 boosters, $385 from the 55 total free draft tourneys, and the 3 months of VIP subscription for another $12. That alone runs you up to $847, and it doesn't take into account all of the kickstarter exclusive extras that you are getting as well, since there isn't a realistic price point on any of those. So, for every single Grand King package that crypto has sold, they have actually lost $347 in possible profit. From that standpoint alone, it makes sense from a business standpoint to limit the number of those packages available for sale.

Yeah, there has to be a limit to the lifetime perks or the game will be less sustainable for CZE...
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Also, there's a perceived rarity and value to higher-tier backer rewards. Opening up more slots would make those suddenly less rare and valuable.

@Thelaasa,

The Grand King Tier gets the weekly draft for life from the Pro Player and not only for one year.

I would like to see them add an Unlimited Grand King but with the stipulation that the Free For Life Drafting does not stack.