Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorblindness troubles

Colorblindness troubles

So, I'm colorblind, and I'm sure there are other people who are excited about this game and are colorblind as well. Will there be a mode we can turn on that will do something about the threshhold costs on the cards? I feel in the future once multicolored cards come out if there is something with red/green threshhold I will find it difficult to tell what it is exactly.

Maybe an option to change the circles into the symbols of the colors?

Letters would probably make more sense.
    (B)lood, (W)ild, (D)iamond, (S)apphire, (R)uby.

Whether or not its implementable depends on how they coded the cards.

Conversely, you might just be able to set the color to something else you can distinguish.

Gigantisaur
    That's the 2.5M stretch goal.

More seriously, they'll have to implement it at some point, I like the Letters idea.

~

I would prefer the symbols themselves but anything is find I guess :]

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    hmmm i'd thought of this when i was thinking about the difference between magics circle around a symbol and hexs coloured diamond looks.

>_< I honestly couldn't think of a fix without them redesigning card appearance. Fastest way to do this would be to replace the coloured diamonds with Letters as Tyrfang indicates, Hopefully they read this and have a toggle for that in mind.

It does look like there are slight border differences between some cards, but not uniformly and i'm not sure if this relates to colour

I guessing this would be something taken care of with the UI. Check colorblind-mode in the options and it could overlay a letter over the threshold, card rarity, etc.

I haven't had trouple reading any cards yet even tho i'm colorblind. But i do agree however. I can get problems if some weird blue/green cards show up

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
    Letters would probably make more sense.
    (B)lood, (W)ild, (D)iamond, (S)apphire, (R)uby.

Whether or not its implementable depends on how they coded the cards.

Conversely, you might just be able to set the color to something else you can distinguish.
    Exactly. That's what most games do in colorblind mode. WoW for instance changes coins for letters to represent them (g/s/c) and adds a rarity label on items tooltip.
    ~King tier backer.

I am colorblind too, and I was counting on a sorting system to deal with the thresholds for me, but it can become a bit difficult while I learn every card in my deck.

There's a surprising number of people here who are R/G/B color blind...