Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please allow for time limits on turns..

Gigantisaur

Please allow for time limits on turns..

There has to be some sort of time limit setup for PvP turns. One of the most frustrating aspects of playing an online card game against an unknown opponent is when that opponent chooses to not take his/her turn. They either walk away in hopes that the other player will just give up, or something comes up and instead of quitting out, they choose to get up and go do thier thing.

Please place a turn clock into the PvP games. A player should need no more than 60 seconds to make a descision. Part of being great at this game is knowing both your deck and what the opponent might be capable of doing to your deck. Making a descision in an adequate amount of time is part of the skill. What involves no skill at all is the ability to troll the opponent in the hopes that the opponenet will just give up. I would hope that at least this will not be a problem.

Thankyou
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Gigantisaur
    Is that for a game or a turn? How long does a player get? Kind of hard to make out that detail.

Don't quite remember details. Take a look for yourself on stream ('Videos' tab) or wait until tomorrow for another live session with four new decks.

Doesn't matter too much for me if it's a game like chess or limited per turn.. either works for me.

Time Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    There already is a limit. Clock on the left side
    Yhea, but this is all the time you have combined.
    You could use all 30min for one turn (don't know what happens after that) but still need to w8 30mins cause someone is afk sucks.

Gigantisaur
    I think I will be working during the live cast. Perhaps somebody else on the boards could look for me and get a definitive answer. Turn based would be much better than a game based timer. Obviously it can be tweaked for what amount of time is granted.

If you stay 3 minutes without performing an action you may be flagged as afk.

Edit:Thinking a bit further, there should be an option to report players after the game for "game staling" and if you get X reports per X games you may recieve a warning or whatever. Similar to the report systems on LOL
    The First Rule About Collectors Is You Do Not Talk About Collectors

I like 3 minutes much more than the 60 seconds suggested in the OP. I plan on streaming this game and would like the opportunity to discuss possible plays with friends but have been burned by bad sports just like everyone else.

Also, this seems fantastic:

Quote Originally Posted by Indormi
    Thinking a bit further, there should be an option to report players after the game for "game staling" and if you get X reports per X games you may recieve a warning or whatever. Similar to the report systems on LOL

The turn timer is a good idea, the problem in this format is that it needs to be long enough to account for disconnects that will happen. I think due to that the turn timer would need to be at least 5 minutes, and possibly longer. The team at CZE hopefully are looking in to some form of a limit but base it on the data they see during testing somfarvand over the next few months