Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deckout Rule

Deckout Rule

Has there been any official word for what would happen in case of deck out? Instant loss like Magic or X damage for per card you cannot draw?
    Once an observer then Pro Tier, and now Grand King Tier.

Previous TCG Experience: Eye of Judgment, Magic the Gathering, Carte, Shadow Era, Yu Gi Oh, Ascension, Infinity Wars
    Currently Playing: HEX, Spellweaver
    Looking forward to: Warlords of Terra, Labyrinth

English Blog: Digital Card Gamers English
    日本語サイト: Digital Card Gamers Japanese
    HEX Search Engine
    Spellweaver Search Engine

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Since there are mill cards, I'm assuming not being able to draw a card when you need to will be a loss condition.

Quote Originally Posted by larryhl View Post
    Since there are mill cards, I'm assuming not being able to draw a card when you need to will be a loss condition.
    Not necessarily. Being unable to draw a card is a serious disadvantage by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    Not necessarily. Being unable to draw a card is a serious disadvantage by itself.
    Very interesting! Continue to play and possibly win, with the disadvantage of no more cards to draw or in hand to use? That would be a cool achievement to unlock, wouldn't it?

Another variant I have seen for the deckout clause is that every time a player has to draw a card and cannot, they lose 1 life. This still leaves mill decks as a viable option, without abruptly ending the game as soon as a player runs out of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    Any decent MtG player will tell you that just milling on its own is not good enough for a win-con since milling is slower than damage. Something needs to accompany it for a mill deck to have a chance vs other deck types.

If you take out the win-con entirely that will make mill basically non-viable.

Any decent MtG player will tell you that just milling on its own is not good enough for a win-con since milling is slower than damage. Something needs to accompany it for a mill deck to have a chance vs other deck types.

If you take out the win-con entirely that will make mill basically non-viable.
    milling isn't always slower than damage, just usually. I ran a straight up mill deck once that consistently won turn 4-5, which is where most aggro decks want to win by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalius View Post
    milling isn't always slower than damage, just usually. I ran a straight up mill deck once that consistently won turn 4-5, which is where most aggro decks want to win by.
    And the win wouldn't have been possible if being unable to draw a card wasn't a lose condition.

And the win wouldn't have been possible if being unable to draw a card wasn't a lose condition.
    having 2 5/5 fliers begs to differ. but it would have been harder, yes.

Unofficial Mechanic:
    Jace's Synergy.
    Play any card with Jace in the name in the same deck for increased chance to win the game.