Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how will dungeons and dungeon rewards work? what is gold used for?

how will dungeons and dungeon rewards work? what is gold used for?

do dungeons have a limited number of reward items associated with them? what can i use gold and platinum for besides trading to another player?

I asked this same question in stream repeatedly =( Well, mostly what gold would be used for outside of the AH and why someone who has bought plat would want to trade for gold.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Possible that you can only trade gear for gold and not for plat.

You use your gold on items other PvE players got from the dungeons/raids. There's also going to be PvP players putting some of their extra cards on the AH for gold.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

-Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Madican View Post
    You use your gold on items other PvE players got from the dungeons/raids. There's also going to be PvP players putting some of their extra cards on the AH for gold.
    But why? It has to have a use other than AH stuff. Why would they want it?
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Infernal Professor
    While this is just wild speculation, it could be that things like unlocking the next "level" takes both XP and gold for a specific card, so to get the fancy art for a level 3 card you might have to spend some gold as well as have worked to get the card that much XP. There are a ton of potential gold sinks in any game, lets just hope that they opt for fairly innocuous uses and don't go the route of having cards degrade and have to be repaired

King support and above comes with "1 of each respective crafting material". MMO crafting usually involves heaps of cash.

There are likely npc card shops that sell PvE cards for gold.

They have also said that increasing faction standing costs some gold (and high faction standing can get you cards)

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    There are likely npc card shops that sell PvE cards for gold.
    I could have sworn I saw this somewhere before, but I scoured various sites and threads and found nothing.

It also looks like to participate in Keep Defense (more accurately the attack of a keep in Keep Defense), you will need to pay gold.

No official word on the prizes for successfully attacking a keep. For all I know, it might just be more gold...