Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniping PP

Sniping PP

Hey all,

I've been auto-refreshing per second in Chrome (the firefox one isn't my cup o' tea) for almost 3 days now and I guess I'm doing something wrong?

When I first started I got a sound for PP but missed it. Now I've been monitoring about 8 hours a day for 3 days and have not seen one open up.

Also, I see that the PP total on KS is fluctuating between 913 and 914 - a couple of times a day which would mess up the notification ping.

Thoughts? Thanks!

people have setups that auto buy them w/i a second of post--I see them talking about it in the KS threads. If you are doing it manually, you will never get one as your reaction time to purchase is too slow.

Thanks St0k3d, I'll have to look into the auto-buy scripts (anyone got a link handy? I must have missed those) though I should still be getting a sound ping with the auto-refresh and then maybe missing the purchase - I haven't got a sound ping at all the last 3 days.

Master Theorycrafter
    I'd expect most movement to occur on the last day, and the last few hours. Some people may upgrade, some people may realise they can't afford it, some may be trying to hold spots for other people, and all that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    Thanks St0k3d, I'll have to look into the auto-buy scripts (anyone got a link handy? I must have missed those) though I should still be getting a sound ping with the auto-refresh and then maybe missing the purchase - I haven't got a sound ping at all the last 3 days.
    I've never used one... i saw a lot of ppl posting how to do it in KS though. If there are say 20x ppl with auto buy refreshing every second, you better be within 1/20th of a second of it being released, have a good ping, and your auto buy set up to get the thing.

I'm just trying to be honest, don't waste your time doing it manually right now if you're trying to snipe--you'll never get one and are wasting your time.

Thanks for these responses, want to kind-of bump this. I'm on day 4 (average of 6 hours a day monitoring) and really got what I think is the first bite but got to the page a solid 2 second after the sound. KS pledge change page now reads that PP is -5 of 913. So I guess 6 people got it?

I can't find any auto-buy directions in the forums - can anyone point these out to me? I can't compete as a living breathing entity.

Oh wow, it's crazy how sniping has escalated.
    - Backer of Hex (Quadra Grand King & Double Collector), SolForge, Shroud of the Avatar, and Underworld Ascendant.

Master Theorycrafter
    Don't mean to be cocky but, AAWWWW YES! I finally got mine after almost 5-6 days of sniping Even though I was using auto-pledging, it's been a nerve wrecking ride to get me that PP tier! But what just happened there? 6 people (including me luckily) got it at once? I also saw the GK tier drop from 0 to -3, so apparently that was also quite a jump on that

@fido_one, since I already got what I want, I'll email you the instructions for auto-pledging. Even though you might be auto pledging, make sure that your browser doesn't get stuck refreshing. Sometimes you see at the bottom of your browser something like "Loading secure.chartbeat.com..." or "Loading ping.whatever.com..." and you need to press the "stop" button of your browser which cancels the current page loading and let your auto-refresher start off again.

Seriously, if anyone has any auto-buy advice I'm all ears. I've been trying since Friday and can't get anywhere on a GK.

Yeahhhh...started out fine enough with an auto-refresher. But now apparently someone has tacked on an auto-buy function to that so it gets snapped up faster than humanly possible. Hence five people snagging it at the exact same time.

And no one has shown others this method publicly that I've seen, so it really is an unfair advantage.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

-Willy Wonka