Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No last minute changes!

No last minute changes!

Seriously, thats how jace the mind sculptor and skullclamp happened. Both resulted in horribly warped formats and banning shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrathofShane View Post
    Seriously, thats how jace the mind sculptor and skullclamp happened. Both resulted in horribly warped formats and banning shortly after.
    But they can still rectify the situation here. Erratas are a lot easier to do.
    The Gamepedia Hex Wiki is always looking for more editors.
    Just go to any page you want to edit and press edit! If it's missing then you can add it.
    Check the Help Section to get started!
    (Optionally, you can make an account, but that's not even required!)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrigan View Post
    But they can still rectify the situation here. Erratas are a lot easier to do.
    So true. LOL Nerf patches for a card game!

Although possible, Cory has said that they want to avoid these kind of nerfs at all costs. They would rather ban a card in certain formats. This is a bit controversial I guess but the thinking is that it is much harder to gauge the value of a card when it could be changed anytime.
    Contributor of the Hex TCG Wiki
    Pledges: Pro + 2x Collector + King

Devoted Emissary
    mhh, banning a card from a format will reduce its value nonetheless. I hope that they will take full advantage of the digital format to avoid any kind of errata/ban list. Just change the card in the next patch and so be it.
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2ry5zfc.png
    Franz von G of Al Andalus - Pro Player | Collector | Knight
    Italian Hex Community

Gigantisaur
    It's really a case by case issue.
    A chase rare that gets banned will lose value.
    It also could lose more value than if it was nerfed but remained playable.

Let's assume the Vampire King becomes a chase card and he was 4/4, banning him would be worse than nerfing him to 3/4 or 3/3, "valuewise".

~

Devoted Emissary
    I agree with Franz. Both change value but only one makes it less visible.

I'd rather see cards banned without changes, otherwise it's gonna be Diablo 3 attack speed nerf storm all over again. "I bought this card for real money and don't you dare do something with it or I'll sue the last pants off you".

Quote Originally Posted by Rapkannibale View Post
    Although possible, Cory has said that they want to avoid these kind of nerfs at all costs. They would rather ban a card in certain formats. This is a bit controversial I guess but the thinking is that it is much harder to gauge the value of a card when it could be changed anytime.
    I'd rather have my card erratad than to have it banned. Banend cards quickly lose a lot of their value, erratad cards might go from overpowered to just strong.
    Example:
    Magic: If Chrome Mox costed one it would still be very strong, but it won't allow for crazy turn 1 plays anymore. (per comparison hex released similar cards on the stream, one giving extra mana and the other extra treshold, both had a higher cost).
    WoWTCG: If Grlmrgl needed 9 or even 10 damage, it would be a lot more difficult to win early with it, becoming more a "win-more"
    WoWTCG: They banned Winterveil Disguise Kit, because it was erratad and had a strong functional change. In Hex, this errata would be properly reflected, preventing confusion from newer players.

Online games do it all the time, in fact buffs and nerfs are the norm to keep the metagame changing. Yes, a cardgame has new sets forn that, but why can't they buff and nerf cards in between? Remember, if you nerf, you can buff. I don't think anyone would complain about a buff to a card that would enable a new fun archetype to enter the tier 1 gauntlet. This card would subsequentially also raise in value.

It's something interesting to consider.
    The Gamepedia Hex Wiki is always looking for more editors.
    Just go to any page you want to edit and press edit! If it's missing then you can add it.
    Check the Help Section to get started!
    (Optionally, you can make an account, but that's not even required!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rapkannibale View Post
    This is very true.