Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass confusion re: Dungeon Crawler 100% loot bonus and Raids

Hero of Adamanth

Exclamation Mass confusion re: Dungeon Crawler 100% loot bonus and Raids

I am seeing both people saying you definetely get it and other say you definetely do not get it. I see people super excited about getting Dungeon Crawler because of extra loot in raids, and others who know that it doesnt work in raids but are happy in any case.

I am thinking there will be a big blowup after the kickstarter ends if people realised that it doesnt apply on raids, or if it does apply on raids and people passed it up thinking it doesnt apply.

Has anyone seen any clarification since the twitch.tv cast on 05/06? I think Cory's comments are conflicting with other developers comments from the day before.

I am sitting on a Dungeon Crawler, but will pass it up instantly if I find out it doesnt apply to raids. Not much time left though...

Gigantisaur
    You definitely do not get it in raids. Confirmed in the Twitch on Monday.

EDIT: Sorry, the Euro style date threw me off. What was the conflicting comment Cory made and where?
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Last night on the WeekInGeek interview, Cory outright confirmed that you do get the DC bonus in both raids and dungeons, saying that the idea when they made the buff was "whenever you're rolling loot, you're rolling again".

However, he also said that he wasn't sure if that was the case, as it might have been changed without his knowledge. So it could go either way.

jai151 - Cory mentioned that every player in the party gets a separate loot roll, and then dungeon crawlers get two loot rolls, so the chat got confused and asked if DC applied to raids.

He said "as far as I know, yes."

That was yesterday afternoon, and here we are.

I think Cory's statement was "as far as I know, the DC bonus works for raids"... and I don't believe there has been any clarification since then.

While that does leave them some wiggle room to backtrack, every time Crypto has had to make a ruling so far about ambiguous benefits, they've ruled in favor of providing more to the customer instead of less.

I'll also be watching to see when this has been officially clarified.
    Last edited by MrSeriousBsns; 06-06-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want more Hex content? Check out card breakdowns, PvE guides, and other Hex videos at:
    The SeriousBsnsGames channel

Quote Originally Posted by MrSeriousBsns View Post
    I think Cory's statement was "as far as I know, the DC bonus works for raids"... and I don't believe there has been any clarification since then.

While that does leave them some wiggle room to backtrack, every time Crypto has had to make a ruling so far about ambiguous benefits, they've ruled in favor of providing more instead of less.

I'll also be watching to see when this has been officially clarified.
    I think any plain reading of the benefit would assume it does, and therefore whatever the original intent it will now.

Are raids in dungeons? Yes. Do they have bosses? Yep.

Also - article on Kraken refers to it as a dungeon, article of raids refers to Kraken as a raid.

http://hextcg.com/the-krakens-lair/
    http://hextcg.com/dragon-slaying/

So stuff on their own website conflates the two.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by snarvid View Post
    I think any plain reading of the benefit would assume it does, and therefore whatever the original intent it will now.

Also - article on Kraken refers to it as a dungeon, article of raids refers to Kraken as a raid.

In that particular instance, there's the Kraken dungeon, where you start in the town and choose your path, and when you beat that it unlocks the raid on the Kraken boss.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Well, a lot of the dungeons are kinda both. You complete the dungeon and then that unlocks the associated boss raid. Kraken is a perfect example. I never even considered that the Dungeon Crawler bonus *wouldn't* apply to both types of boss encounters (raid and dungeon), though I can see now from the wording of that tier that it might be construed that way. I'd be interested to hear official word.

Quote Originally Posted by snarvid View Post

Some of the raids are tied to dungeons. Once you beat the dungeon you unlock the raid encounter for it, so there will be other dungeons that are both single player and raid depending on dungeon instance. But the raid is just the 2 or 3 or whatever stage boss fight.

Hero of Adamanth
    On twitch yesterday was at 1:06 roughly (1 hour 6 minutes), although he did say "unless it was changed and I wasn't told about it".

Here's hoping for clarification beforehand. I am tossing up as to if I drop a pro tier for dungeon crawler. The answer on this will sway me one way or the other.