Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24 hours left and I still can't decide to back or not!

24 hours left and I still can't decide to back or not!

I am total newbie to TCG. I have never played them. Maybe when I was little I played first digital MTG demo. So totally new to these kind of games. I have wanted to play MTG for long time. I just never have had money or friends.
    I have been watching every video, every interview, every blog I have found for a week now. It is about the best part of my week when new twitch.tv gameplay stream has come. I have really enjoyed watching this game. Don't know if I enjoy playing it.
    I have not bothered to try DotP. I know I won't like it because it does not have customizable decks. Game mechanics tho would be another thing, but I don't think there won't be any point of testing them on DotP because I would be forced to use some pre-made decks and I would hate it for that.

My current money situation isn't the best. I have being struggling to decide should I spent now 120 USD to King and starve for rest of the month or should I wait for release and then start playing? If I don't like the game I could easily ditch it at release, but if I do I would have to spent hundreds of dollars more money compared to backing it now. There is of course lesser tiers than king. King just seems to be the best bang for the buck and every lower tier seems waste of money.

Please! Help me decide something.

Get a King and you can eat from the Lotus Garden for a month

If you don't have the money, go around Knight. It's probably the next best tier for value/$.

Squire if you're really tight on cash.
    Last edited by Tyrfang; 06-06-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Gigantisaur
    If you can't afford King without starving yourself for a month, go in at a lower tier. Yes, you don't get as much, but you still get a lot.

And, you know, you don't die...
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

Not much point having digital playthings if you're miserable in meat space. Grab Squire and enjoy some of the solid benefits without bankrupting yourself. Or donate some plasma... worked for me in college.

Too bad donating blood/plasma is not option in Finland. You are lucky if you get coffee and sandwich

**** it! I just buy king and decide I won't buy any another games until I have cleared some from my endless backlog. That won't work but thanks god I am really good at lying to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ssg13 View Post
    Too bad donating blood/plasma is not option in Finland. You are lucky if you get coffee and sandwich

**** it! I just buy king and decide I won't buy any another games until I have cleared some from my endless backlog. That won't work but thanks god I am really good at lying to myself.
    ssg13: Just don't google Star Citizen, and you'll be okay.

I can't donate any blood products Stupid living in Britain during the Mad Cow scare. I WAS A BABY, OK, I WASN'T EATING HAMBURGERS.

Hmm... well you could always sell some old, used games. Also another favorite of mine.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Funsocks View Post
    I can't donate any blood products Stupid living in Britain during the Mad Cow scare. I WAS A BABY, OK, I WASN'T EATING HAMBURGERS.
    You could always sell... other things. Bow chicka wow wow.