Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IS there any other way of getting packs to play in draft other than buying them?

Talking IS there any other way of getting packs to play in draft other than buying them?

Hey guy I am new to TCG. I have read a couple of threads and it seems that the only way PVP is to play drafts which use packs. So do you know if there is a way to earn packs either than having to spend real world money?. Is is possible to buy them using in game currency?, or win them in tournaments that don't require packs or real world money to participate?.

Thanks in advance

You can sell cards for platinum, and then buy the packs on the AH.

Well, you can buy packs off the AH for gold(gold being the PvE currency that you can earn for free), right? Which, if you ask me, is a mistake on Crypto's part - you are losing on a lot of money there, bros!
    Your daily dose of HEX awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by wallofomens View Post
    Well, you can buy packs off the AH for gold, right? Which, if you ask me, is a mistake on Crypto's part - you are losing on a lot of money there, bros!
    The packs have to be bought from/generated by CZE at some point.

When people sell boosters in auction house for PvE gold instead of platinum, I imagine they will be very expensive. Because you are essentially getting something "for free" that is valued at 2 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by wallofomens View Post
    Well, you can buy packs off the AH for gold(gold being the PvE currency that you can earn for free), right? Which, if you ask me, is a mistake on Crypto's part - you are losing on a lot of money there, bros!
    CZE will probably have a fee on successful auctions
    twitch.tv/alucard2004 - my favorite hex streamer. Click for The Official Bone Forum

Quote Originally Posted by demis84 View Post
    Hey guy I am new to TCG. I have read a couple of threads and it seems that the only way PVP is to play drafts which use packs. So do you know if there is a way to earn packs either than having to spend real world money?. Is is possible to buy them using in game currency?, or win them in tournaments that don't require packs or real world money to participate?.

Thanks in advance
    I think there is a little confusion here - PvP will take many forms, but drafting is the most talked about. You will be able to make a deck and pay a fee for a normal tournament, so that wont be a problem.

I think the confirmed PvP tournament formats are Constructed, Sealed, and Draft? I don't know about Limited and it is too soon for any Legacy/Vintage style - am I missing any guys? Barring wild west/PvE tournaments.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Yeah, doesn't hurt CZE any to have someone buy a booster off someone else. The 2nd person still bought it off CZE. In fact, because they can sell the boosters for other things, it probably earns CZE more money, as people will buy boosters for themselves, and to sell.

Banned
    There will be 1v1 PvP and possibly 3v3 PvP. Drafting is sort of like a mini tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Funsocks View Post
    Yeah, doesn't hurt CZE any to have someone buy a booster off someone else. The 2nd person still bought it off CZE. In fact, because they can sell the boosters for other things, it probably earns CZE more money, as people will buy boosters for themselves, and to sell.
    Why would someone buy boosters just to sell them? To get gold? They can just use platinum to get whatever PvE stuff they want. And it does hurt CZE - if buying with gold wasn't an option, then that person would either need to get platinum(spend real money) to buy boosters off the AH or just buy boosters straight from CZE(again spend real money). I guess if it takes too long to grind the gold for boosters then it's okay and also a nice way to get them PvEers hooked on PvP.
    Your daily dose of HEX awesomeness!