Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This an Abuse of the VIP program?

Hero of Adamanth

Is This an Abuse of the VIP program?

Let's say I get a bunch of friends to start an account in an attempt to get them hooked on the game. If many of them fail to have much, if any, interest if I keep them in the game just so they'll subscribe to the VIP system and give me the packs with me paying for it, is this abusing the VIP system?

It seems pretty obvious that it is, but it seems hard to control, and it will tempt many otherwise ethical people. What if they play a little bit but you still do the above, is it still an abuse? I'm not sure where the line is, if they pay for it themselves just to do you a favor, since after all, its not very much money is that an abuse? Would seem less so in that case.

On a side note has it been said if VIP boosters can be primal? I don't recall. With all of the people trying to guess AH prices of boosters the odds and value of primal packs are significant variables that make speculation pretty difficult until we know.

Sorry to make yet another "VIP abuse" thread but I'm genuinely curious where the line is or should be drawn.

Justin

Master Theorycrafter
    They'll be able to track money movements and lack thereof. If X accounts suddenly stop doing anything except getting boosters, and transferring them or their profits to one 'main' account, I'd like to think they'd notice.

In any case, they wouldn't be happy with this - I asked if I didn't merge my KS accounts would there be an issue with trading items frequently between them. They said no, and that the major thing they didn't want to see happening was those accounts all signed up to VIP.

As for primals from VIP - I'm no help there, but I was under the impression any boosters you got direct from CZE could become primal (hence draft prizes turning primal).

Master Theorycrafter
    Yes this would be abuse and the lack of action except VIP booster trading would likely flag it as such.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

Gigantisaur
    I love pretty much everything that CZE have pitched so far but the price structure for the VIP is ill-conceived and will lead to abuse and have a huge impact on the hex economy. I really hope they rethink or make some limitation on the use / trade-ability of the VIP packs.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxsonbateman View Post
    They'll be able to track money movements and lack thereof. If X accounts suddenly stop doing anything except getting boosters, and transferring them or their profits to one 'main' account, I'd like to think they'd notice.

In any case, they wouldn't be happy with this - I asked if I didn't merge my KS accounts would there be an issue with trading items frequently between them. They said no, and that the major thing they didn't want to see happening was those accounts all signed up to VIP.

As for primals from VIP - I'm no help there, but I was under the impression any boosters you got direct from CZE could become primal (hence draft prizes turning primal).
    I wonder if they'll bother with the "small fry"people maybe getting boosters from 5 accounts or if they'll devote their resources to the major exploiters.

Also if you have super casual friends who play 1-2 times a month would it be considered abuse if you buy them into VIP to get the boosters? Probably, but they'd have a much harder time catching that.

I was figuring the same with VIP boosters being able to go primal but this also increases the value of exploiting the system so thought they might limit it

I tend not to worry as much as some about major exploiting of the program, but wonder exactly how the lines will be drawn for what is considered exploiting. If I get a few friends to become super casual hex players I'd be tempted to buy them into the VIP program.

Justin

Master Theorycrafter
    If your friends are actually playing, I'm sure their play patterns will indicate as such and they'll be safe. Though CZE may still look sternly upon the accounts if all the vip boosters or earnings are getting funneled off elsewhere.

Anytime you catch you self asking... "Is this an abuse of xxx program." You ought to already know the answer before even asking. With that said, each your "friends" needs to be paying for the VIP with a unique credit card... so there's that whole part of convincing them to be giving you $4 dollars every month...
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

I'm actually planning on doing just this, they're not going to boot off paying VIP subs.

I don't see the problem with it. It's only a slight discount and it will be insignificant to the grand scheme of things. Not to mention it's digital goods that costs them probably less than a penny a pack. Also, I would say that would be wrong of Cryptozoic to tell you what you could and could not do with your packs.

Gigantisaur
    You'd need a credit card for each account.
    I plan on having 2 accounts, but only one VIP

~