Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Add a Dungeon Draft Mode

Add a Dungeon Draft Mode

...and a suggestions forum.

SO ANYWAYS. Based on all the feedback in the world firsting threads, what if we had an alternate mode for Dungeons where you could attempt to run against the dungeon boss using only drafted decks you and your compatriots set up before the run? Use PvP rules; no gear, no RL buff, no promo cards, no PvE mercenaries. Everyone puts in three boosters then off you go. Would increase the demand for boosters. Make CZE some more money. There would be a "fair" run setup to offer World Firsts from.

Is this awesome? [y/y]

I was actually just about to add this to my PVE tournaments thread. I think it would be pretty awesome to have a tournament mode where you're given basically a random set of cards from fake boosters to create a deck to beat the content.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Oooooh... custom raid-specific boosters?
    That would be super interesting.

Yes, I think that would be very entertaining.

EDIT: After revisiting the OP, I want to clarify my initial answer.

I would like to see a dungeon, or two, that has a draft type set up to give it a unique flavor. I would not want to run every dungeon that way.
    Last edited by Maphalux; 07-24-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Sad that this is not my idea due to its awesomeness. Hard mode for sure. Add in the layer of coordinating draft decks with your teammates and you get something really cool.

What about having 6 or 9 player drafts where you are drafting AGAINST other players and then you play against the raid bosses and you win by having the best performance etc... Quickest # of turns to defeat, longest turns survived, most damage done etc

This way it is actually a draft environment as opposed to maybe something that sounds more like a sealed environment .. Top teams earn PVP rewards? Or maybe they earn the best loot from the boss?

That sounds like a good one dogmod. Have it so groups of 4 race. Winner gets 3x raid rewards, 2nd gets 1x, 3rd and 4th get 0.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    Sad that this is not my idea due to its awesomeness. Hard mode for sure. Add in the layer of coordinating draft decks with your teammates and you get something really cool.

What about having 6 or 9 player drafts where you are drafting AGAINST other players and then you play against the raid bosses and you win by having the best performance etc... Quickest # of turns to defeat, longest turns survived, most damage done etc

This way it is actually a draft environment as opposed to maybe something that sounds more like a sealed environment .. Top teams earn PVP rewards? Or maybe they earn the best loot from the boss?
    Sounds like a nice idea, but wouldn't this devalue actual raids where you actually have to defeat the boss to claim rewards instead of comparing your perfomance with others ?
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Master Theorycrafter
    Yeah, I'm not really feeling this one. Completing dungeons and raids using ONLY the free decks we get from starting an account - that I can get behind. The rest of this? I don't know. Sounds like something that wouldn't really add to the play experience.

It's not necessary to have people buy boosters, just have raid specific generated booster packs people get and build decks out of. Can even contain cards that aren't actually real cards you can put in any deck.
    ----

I added in the tournament pve thread that they could even drop custom equipment for the custom cards, otherwise no equipment is allowed, and in multiplayer modes there could be a limited trading part during deck construction.
    ----