Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Funktion & Mokog] Eye of creation contest wrap-up

[Funktion & Mokog] Eye of creation contest wrap-up

Using the power of the interwebs, HexHunterMokog and I were able to finally record a joint video to wrap up the contest which we posted a few weeks back! Sorry for the delay, but hopefully it was worth the wait because now you get both of us in just one video.

Congratulations to Wurtil! our double grand prize winner.

Hex TCG: Contest wrap-up featuring HexHunterMokog

We talk about the winners, some of our favorite aspects of hosting the contest, and a WHOLE bunch of completely unrelated stuff about other various cards. I definitely enjoyed working together on this one, and I hope all of you out there did as well : )

Mokog's Channel

p.s. Still trying to find a way for me to upload it to Mokog's channel. If anyone knows a trick let us know, might have to just send him the file.
    p.p.s. I'll try and write up some of the answers in this thread as well when I get home from work tonight, so check back!
    Last edited by funktion; 08-12-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Gigantisaur
    Amazing vido, and the outcome is insane.
    I expect a mention in this weeks update from Crypto.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

Wurtil plz post your full solutions.
    i guess many would appreciate it

Anf congratualtions to all the winners.

I don't see a way to attach an Excel spreadsheet in the forums, but the Turn 3 X=33416 can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/hexturn3x33416cards5799

For the Turn 4 Infinite with 8 cards played, I'll just post that here:

Opening Hand: Sapphire Source, Wild Source, Journeyman Technician, Replicatorís Gambit, Construction Plans: Inspiration Engine, Dwarven Turbine, Eye of Creation

Turn 1:

[1] Sapphire Source,

[2] Journeyman Technician

Turn 2:

Draw Whatever

[3]Wild Source

[4]Replicatorís Gambit on Journeyman Technician, drawing the same Journeyman Technician

[5]Journeyman Technician

[6]Construction Plans: Inspiration Engine

Add 7 counters to Construction Plans with Journeyman Technicians

Turn 3:

Draw Whatever

[7]Dwarven Turbine

Add 3 counters to Construction Plans with Journeyman Technicians, and transform Construction Plans into Inspiration Engine

Ready Inspiration Engine with Dwarven Turbine

Exhaust Inspiration Engine, creating Inspiration Engine

Repeat the above infinite times

Turn 4:

Draw Whatever

Use Inspiration Engine to create Adaptable Infusion Device, adding Wild threshold

Use Inspiration Engine to create Adaptable Infusion Device, adding Wild threshold

Use Inspiration Engine to create Hex Engine

Use remaining infinite Inspiration Engines to create Dwarven Turbines

Use infinite Dwarven Turbines on Hex Engine to create infinite resources

[8]Eye of Creation for X=Infinite

Nice job wurtil! I didn't consider the possibility of Eye of creation playing resources and didn't bother to ask about it.

Thanks to funktion and mokog for running this thing!

That whole thing was great. Nice work on the competition, and grats to wurtil for the crazy answers. You guys should definitely do more videos, that was some good stuff!

Man, I tried coming up with something, but people were throwing out these insane numbers so I decided to wait and see. So crazy! Great contest guys.

Also, I don't want to sound nitpicky, but the latest version of Dwarven Turbine requires that you pay 1 in order to ready another artifact so wurtil's turn 3 doesn't quite work anymore.

Doesn't it? Tap dwarven turbine for 1 to ready hex engine still nets you 1 mana? Or am I missing something else on the side?
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

don't you tap dwarven turbine to ready another artifact?

Master Theorycrafter
    Mirror version is now up on my channel as well. With a little Easter Egg because I promised Funktion it would surface some time!

/evilcackle

~Mokog
    HexHunterMokog:

My Latest Video: DeckTech: Elemental Storms!
    @ YouTube @ Facebook @ Twitter @ Twitch.tv

Learn from Failure. Be Humble in Success.