Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ressource Flood and Screw

Ressource Flood and Screw

Is it just me or does anyone else experience ressource flooding or screwing way more often lately? I've had almost dozens of games now, where I encountered one or the other. Even extreme situations like playing my control deck with 26 ressources and getting 0, mulligan to 6 getting 0, mulligan to 5 getting 0...did happen more than once.

And while I was playing other decks with a lower ressource amount as well, I saw a lot of ressource flooding anyway. Played against some mill decks more than once today and 2-3 times I saw something like 5-6 ressources out of 6 cards getting milled.

Whatever algorithm is responsible for the shuffling, it might need some additional work
    Last edited by Storm_Fireblade; 10-30-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Gigantisaur
    I suffered years of people complaining about the shuffler algorithm in MTGO, please dear hex community don't go there!
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

I normally do not mulligan, it always gives bad results.

First hand:
    Hmm, 1 resource, 6 non-resources. I'd rather have a few more resources, lets mulligan.

Second hand:
    6 resources omg.

3rd hand:
    5 non-resources wtf.

4th hand:
    3 resources, 1 troop. Oh whatever.. Should have stayed with the 1st hand.

Master Theorycrafter
    Since someone else started this thread, I get to join in without guilt.

I'm not sure what the algorithm is that randomizes the cards. But I see way way more instances of people getting 1 or 0 resource hands (in 24-26 resource decks even) or just being flooded with 6 resources than I do other types of hands. This happens, obviously, but it just seems to be that it happens more often than it doesn't.

Don't even get me started on mulliganning. Almost everytime I've mulliganed. I get either 6 non-resource cards or something completely unplayable. It's happened often enough that I typically won't even mulligan now even if I have a crappy hand.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Devoted Emissary
    Ok what people should do is keep track of how many opening hands have how many resources in them. I'm guessing in the long run they'll see its statistically average.

EDIT: You can even just start bot games to see your opening hand/ first mulligan to do this
    Pro Player Tier
    Ingame Keep: Hexmage
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I suffered years of people complaining about the shuffler algorithm in MTGO, please dear hex community don't go there!
    I played MTGO myself and this has nothing to do with complaining actually. The reason why I bring it up is because I've experienced a LOT more extreme flood and screw since the last patch. And before I simply ignore it, I'd rather ask others, if they might have noticed something similar. After all, this is what the Alpha is for.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Fireblade View Post
    I played MTGO myself and this has nothing to do with complaining actually. The reason why I bring it up is because I've experienced a LOT more extreme flood and screw since the last patch. And before I simply ignore it, I'd rather ask others, if they might have noticed something similar. After all, this is what the Alpha is for.
    This. I understand what you're saying hexmage, but many of the current people in the alpha at this moment (including myself) are experienced tcg players. If there's one thing were used to, it's resource screw or flooding. I wouldn't respond to this thread if I felt it was a normal amount. I'm responding because it happens consistently in the opening hand, and in the mulligans.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Perhaps I can do everyone a favor, I shall be running 100 games (Mulling 3 times and showing the results on a spreadsheet)

Personally I felt something was weird with the flood/screw as well (not only this but sometimes weirdly enough you get to draw 3 cards in the opening hand quite frequently etc)

After clicking through 100 games and mulling 3 times each game @.@

24 Resources, 60-card deck

Here are the results

Opening Hand

0 Resource - 3%
    1 Resource - 7%
    2 Resources - 23%
    3 Resources - 35%
    4 Resources - 21%
    5 Resources - 9%
    6 Resources - 2%
    7 Resources - 0%

First Mull

0 Resource - 1%
    1 Resource - 20%
    2 Resources - 25%
    3 Resources - 34%
    4 Resources - 17%
    5 Resources - 2%
    6 Resources - 1%
    7 Resources - N/A

2nd Mull

0 Resource - 3%
    1 Resource - 21%
    2 Resources - 34%
    3 Resources - 29%
    4 Resources - 12%
    5 Resources - 1%
    6 Resources - N/A
    7 Resources - N/A

3rd Mull

0 Resource - 15%
    1 Resource - 37%
    2 Resources - 33%
    3 Resources - 14%
    4 Resources - 1%
    5 Resources - N/A
    6 Resources - N/A
    7 Resources - N/A

Those numbers are actually quite far off where they should be, we need a lot more tests to be sure though, check back in after you hit 1,000.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.