Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One free re-draw

One free re-draw

I'm not gonna get into program randomization and all that.
    I just think it would be best if the first time you re-draw your hand at the start of a game, you don't lose 1 card.

It's loved for those games

where that first hand screws you out of a single resource, and then it all goes downhill.
    Also, finding an edit button on this forum would be nice. lol

Not a big fan of the free mulligan. I think it allows decks to exploit being starved for resources because it's easier to get a good hand--a leg-up for low-cost aggro decks.

The free mulligan isn't usually a feature of MTG either--Duels of the Planeswalkers arbitrarily added it to tilt the odds in the player's favor. Subtle game design trick; people like winning, so designers give players the advantage in single-player games to keep them happy.

If your deck build is solid, a double-mulligan should be very rare.

Banned
    I think a change like that would be great for a difficulty setting in PVE.

One free mulligan if your initial hand contains no resources sounds fine to me.

Even if your deck is around 1/3 resources, you'll be seeing a hand of no resources every 20 ish games.

Tonight I got a hand with 0 resources in a typical 26/60 deck. It happens. I'm strongly against any changes to the mulligan system.
    Keep Name: Carfax Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rclOnTwitch

I would only like to see this appear in PvE, with the ability to turn it on/off.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    One free mulligan if your initial hand contains no resources sounds fine to me.

Even if your deck is around 1/3 resources, you'll be seeing a hand of no resources every 20 ish games.

statistically, make it 120... im not jocking

Quote Originally Posted by escapeRoute View Post
    statistically, make it 120... im not jocking
    If your deck is 2/3 non resources, and you have a hand of seven cards.

Your chances of drawing zero resources are 40/60 * 39/59 * 38/58 * 37/57 * 36/56 * 35/55 * 34/54

Which works out to around 5%. Which is one per 20 games.

If you have the standard proportion of resources (so in limited thats like 40%-45%) and draw 0,1,6,7 resources - you should be granted a free mulligan, and if you accept your opponent should get a free one too if they wish. That's what I would propose.