Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should CZE put on a tournament for alpha just before the beta?

Should CZE put on a tournament for alpha just before the beta?

I don't know what people think of this but with the alpha having been such a big area of interest in hex I think it would be a cool send off to have an Alpha tournament just before the Beta and the winner gets some alpha special send off.

No
    Read all about Hex straight from the pros at HexTCGPro.com!
    Stream: www.twitch.tv/Disordia

I'd rather they spent the time on development so the game can be released quicker

If they could outsource the resources (like asking a fansite to 'host' it and keep track of all the records) then I think this could be an awesome idea. But holding a tournament for nearly 20k people is a logistical nightmare when you have a ton of dev work to be getting on with (like rolling out closed beta, for example.)

However, if they provided prizes for a large scale tournament run by fansites, thats a different story entirely. If I could figure out how to organise that many people, I would have a crack at it, but about the only way you could do it on a time and sheer numbers basis would be single elimination until you can whittle down the numbers to a reasonable level. That alone would take several rounds, assuming everyone that is part of the alpha took part.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Gigantisaur
    You don't eat the sausage in the factory :@
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

I'm also going with no. I don't think we need official tournaments right now, or even at the end of Alpha. Maybe at the end of beta.

Gigantisaur
    I would think the best option would be to have everyone in the alpha entered into a an alpha-ers tourney once beta/ more stable finalized systems are in place.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    well it would be nice, and it may actually happen to try the tournament feature, but it may also not happen

They could give alpha participants a special tournament ticket for a special tournament held in the beta...

No, absolutely not. Is this question being asked because of Blizzcon having a Hearthstone tournament?

Soldack they technically are giving us special tournaments in beta and release with the VIP access, they did say VIP tournaments correct?