Thread: Pauper format - anyone interested?

Pauper format - anyone interested?

I think this is kind of an interesting format - use only common cards in your deck (shard text is WHITE at bottom)

I'm going to try to work up a couple decks. Anyone interested in joining me?
    Last edited by rcl; 12-29-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Keep Name: Carfax Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rclOnTwitch

I think it's a wonderful idea, but it's hard to do with just Set 1. I know I've looked at it, and so have a few guildies. I think by Set 3 there'll be enough cards to make it interesting.

I actually put together a decent Pauper Shin'hare aggro deck. In ideal conditions, it was able to get 10 creatures out by turn 3. Pretty good for Pauper, imo.

Thank god for Runts being common, right?

I had been playing a fair bit of pauper whenever I could find others that want to. Though I haven't recently, haven't rebuilt my pauper decks in the last few patches. It is definitely fun to just build decks with different restrictions, hence part of the reason I like pauper and singleton.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

It's almost as if there should be some sort of even organized around the pauper format, since there seems to be a decent amount of interest... I wonder if anyone around here can/is willing to run a tournament... Oh, me? I couldn't... Well sure! Why not!

If you guys are interested, even a round robin style one, I'd be happy to set up a challonge and start spreading the word. It wouldn't start for a few days (partially because I'll be out of town) but I know I'd play. I set it up as Round Robin but that can be changed if people decide otherwise.

Rigid Buffalo
    Peasant > Pauper, IMO
    We tried it on the tournament and it was fun
    aka meetthefutur3
    ign: Future
    stream: twitch.tv/meetthefutur3
    ex-WoW TCG player

I would if certain debilitating cards get banned as the sets expand. I don't particularly enjoy sitting while my opponent takes 6 minutes to cycle his storm deck and return everything to my hand.