Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfist View Post
    Booster gold is the worst hero in this set. We played 3 games , granted only 3 people, and the game where booster gold was played the guy only used him 4 times. He is just like the flash whereas if you get certain cards it helps but if someone buys defenses you are screwed-- and everyone buys them with the overpowered villains. Red Tornado works out well if you also have vandal savage and get to start a lot of turns with +3 power before playing a card.

WE have found Sciencell is the most op card because of cheap villains and the "Super" villains also count.
    I'm getting that impression about him as well. We did, however, play proxied versions of the new heroes with the original set prior to the set's release, and the only game where he was played, the player managed to purchase Blue Beetle on turn 3, so to say it was best case scenario is an understatement. Outside of that scenario, he does seem kinda mediocre, though Forcefield from the new set seems like a must have if you're going to be successful.

I think the Flash - Booster Gold comparison is apt. There are about 15 or 16 Defense cards in the game (main deck is 211 cards), plus two copies of the Hero of the Future card that gets a boost from Defenses. BG's effect is more powerful than The Flash's (since it can trigger multiple times in one turn, and can be used outside of his own turn), but Defense cards are more rare than draws. I think BG is risky, but the reward is pretty good if he gets lucky.

Eternal Guardian
    We've been using proxies of the new heroes with the first game since about GenCon.

The number of draw cards is about even to the number of defense cards in the first deck, so Flash and BG are roughly equal there. The ratios of draw cards to main deck in the first game are almost the same as defenses to main deck in HU, so they are about even when you compare them on that front. However there is close to twice as many draw cards as defenses in the HU main deck, so Flash got a big upgrade when using only HU main deck and in a combined deck Flash will have about 50% more triggering cards than BG.

They both have the same problem though. Draw cards and defense cards are good for everyone. When Flash and BG hit the right cards the deck works beautifully, but having their main cards higly sought after by everyone really hurts them.
    Go Fish

Starfire is nuts and if you don't think having a nearly continual 6-card hand for the whole game is among the best powers available, you're probably drunk.
    Ryan Skinner

Eternal Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    Starfire is nuts and if you don't think having a nearly continual 6-card hand for the whole game is among the best powers available, you're probably drunk.
    We've always gotten a good laugh when Super Strength starts in the line-up. X-ray Vision is the other one we chuckle at as no one will buy it just to tick off the Starfire play and force them to get it.
    Go Fish

I'm happy to buy XRV if I'm playing Green Lantern!

I've not yet mixed the games though, only hammered out a bunch of games with HU only yesterday and the one game I played at GenCon, so it's possible that her likely % to hit the free card consistently drops a bit, but after ~10 games yesterday she was the far-and-away leader of the pack in our group's eyes.
    Ryan Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    She definitely seems like she flies more than she falls, but there are still some bad games, and I'll still be happy to buy XRV if it means more cards later. Gotta pay it off somehow.

Still, when the 2nd game I played with her started the lineup off with a Heat Vision, I was pretty crushed.

Loving this heroes unite expansion. I hope on future expansions we get more superpower cards or cards that focus more on superpower. Because there's so many villians in main deck, and with more focus on equipment in this expansion. Would like to see more cool superpowers and cards that work with them. Need to make sure superman gets some boosts also haha.

Starfire is definetly nuts.

I played Starfire last night and got a whopping THREE extras draws the entire game.